It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3 = US vs EU?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The following is not fact but just my thoughts.

When the EU is fully united it will be the largest Military power besides America. We know the public do not get to vote for the leader of the EU, but I beleive it will be a man influenced by the vatican + royals of the said countries. This new EU smells to me like new Rome (isn't the Anti-christ supposed to be the leader of new rome?). Anyway with America playing world police/bully the world will have another massive power, the European Army.

I am quite sure we all argee World War 3 is coming. I think it will involve a conflict between the USA and the EU. What do you guys think?

If you beleive world war 3 is going to take place who do you think will be fighting who? the US and EU can't be on the same said else it won't be much of a war for the others (imo).

Maybe England will stay out the EU which means we will take Americas side and therefore be right in the forefront. Israel of course will help the States but does that mean the middle east help the EU? and what of China?? or If the US and EU are on the same side then is it China and middle east vs US and EU?

World war 3. Who will be fighting who? depressing topic but it needs to be talked about I feel.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
You do know that the EU+US doesn't even account for 1/6th of the world population do you? I think there is more then enough of a challenge even when the US and EU were on the same side.

Nazi germany was able to cause 2 WW's and keep them going for several years, while their opponents were the US, Australia, Canada, USSR and EU and a load of others.

You only need a country the size of germany with a capable leader and a good industry to work for them to keep the world in a WW for years if not decades.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
You forgot the EXTREME amount of Patriotism that Germany had...as well as their superior tactics and tanks...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Thats true I never thought of it like that. I was thinking purely on a military scale like numbers of tanks/subs/planes/technolgies etc.

So if the US and EU were on the same side it would be China+middle east. What of russia then? who side do they normally fall on? and what of South america? and Africa?

Reason I started this thread is because I am not too clued on war countries and there allies. Who would stratch whos back when it came down to the end game?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
You only need a country the size of germany with a capable leader and a good industry to work for them to keep the world in a WW for years if not decades.

Okay but that was some years ago. Technology has advanced so that e.g. the USA can start their bombers from their own grounds and drop bombs on any target in the EU as example. Or even think about Tomahawks.

And at least in the EU nearly no country has enough patriotism to stand this. Not to forget that Europeans aren't stupid enough to wish another war

[edit on 26-7-2004 by shoo]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Not to forget that Europeans aren't stupid enough to wish another war

There was an article in one of the broadsheet papers in the UK - sorry no link. Its not 100% accurate as this is done from memory but...

It stated that there were 3 types of country in the world. Pre Modern, Modern and Post Modern.

Mid East, Africa are broadly Pre Modern. There are many fundamentalists here that are trying to destable normal governments. EG Iraq - as long as the governments funds are brought up from the ground, rather than through taxation then the country cannot sustain democracy.

USA, Canada, Australia, China etc. are modern countries. They lost tremendous resources during WW2. However, they gained the most from it too. Apart from China, very little fighting was done on their soil so the populations do not understand the true dire situation that war can bring. Therfore, the population is more ready to go to war than the Post Modern.

EU countries, Japan etc. are post modern countries. They had the full effects of WW2 brought home and so know the total carnage that war can bring. Therefore, will stay out of another WW at any cost.

Based on this, i'd say that WW3 would start in the Pacific. It will be a competition for resources between the USA and China. EU will stay out of it for at least a couple of years, but will support the US 'politically' such as by using their industries to supply arms, oil etc.

China and US will nuke each other. Each country is large enough to sustain nuclear hits. But, by the time the war has started, each side will have some shield that will disable the weapons before they can do damage. (Not forgetting China has just about the world's largest air force).

Australia and New Zealand will have no choice but to try and remain neutral as long as possible, but will get dragged in. China has a population of around 1.5 billion - and look at Australia with only 18 million people with their tongues hung out. Australia will go to war. New Zealand, and the UK will get dragged in through treaty. China will have spread into russia and be going through eastern europe. The EU will be dragged in.

And so we have WW3.

In summary, no, I don't think EU will go to war against the US.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the information

- personally I think we will see some wars going on between arabian countries. As soon as they become more westernized the people will think about money and about the rich/poor aspect.
As soon as this happens e.g. people from Jemen will start making trouble against Saudi-Arabia and so on. Their difference between rich and poor is just too high that nothing will happen in the near future.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
"The Meed Shall Inherit the Earth"

I think Europe is being set up to be next world leader, after our fall (with our assistance, really).
We became the world power after WW 2 because we were one of the few countries left that had anything left of our cities and such. Europe was wiped out, as was Japan and Germany. The two reasons why we finished the war that strong was because or our location and the fact we entered after the countries has weakened themselves fighting each other.
I think this is what the EU will do, let us all go at it, build up it's strength and come in late with enough force to win.
Russia will either join us in a war with China.....(China is beginning to overrun their country, or their people are, and they seem more interested in the oil than anything else. can't imagine why)
or it will sit quietly with most of Europe. It will be us, China, and the lesser developed countries and terrorists.

That's what I think, for what it's worth, which isn't much.....

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies.

I honestly never thought of the angle that WW2 was fought in Europe therefore Europe knows and and felt the full force of war.

Dawnstar, isn't it the 'meek shall inherit the Earth?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
"isn't it the 'meek shall inherit the Earth"

anyone got a spare brain they would like to sell me?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
And at least in the EU nearly no country has enough patriotism to stand this.
[edit on 26-7-2004 by shoo]

That sir I take as a personal insult and find a totaly unsupported and totaly false statement.

Patriotisme is not something invented by and special about americans you know.

European country's are proud of their heritage and are very willing to fight for their ideals and land. We do not however like to go fight wars all over the world where we have no bussines in the first place.

The difference between the EU and US countries is that we have had 2 WW's fought on our soil and know how it feels to spend decades under largescale terror with heavy losses. We just know better then to goto conflict all over the globe, we know how it feels to be occupied, to be overrun by an outside force.

Do you know, that in an country like belgium, every single year, we still find bombs, mines and old shells all over our land, dating to the world wars.
When you goto the ardennes here, for a forrest hike, you can't walk a mile without comming across an impact crater.
When you go for a walk in the lands, the fields, at sea in the dunes and whole lot of other places, you stumble upon old bunkers, memorial signs and other reminders of the World Wars.

We are constantly reminded of what the war feels like, although its been almost 60 years since it passed.

Patriotisme or willingness to fight has nothing to do with it.

The European nations have the World Wars still fresh in their memory's, they experienced it on the reciever end, we just know bettter then war, from hard and painfull experience.

You'll propably say now, yeah, but the US had heavy casualty's in the World Wars.

Well, the US shipped of loads and loads of their men to war and a load of them never came back. The US people only remember sending their men and not getting them back.
They don't remember the terror of the fights happening on their doorsteps and seeing all these men die with their own eyes, they don't remember spending years of being afraid of bombardments, strikes, cities burnt down and so on.

Belgium lost a good deal of its cultural heritage due to the world wars, resulting in it that pritty much every pre war building gets classified and protected these days.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
As with most wars, it starts out with economics...in which case we've already seen the opening salvos... You're not far off the mark...but remember Wars aren't just fought militarily, they are fought politically and economically as well...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

Maybe England will stay out the EU which means we will take Americas side and therefore be right in the forefront.

This isn't a maybe, this is 100%. England will most definately stay out of the EU and back America. Look at their existing ties, public and secret...there's no way that bond will brake.

Look at the banks alone. Look at who owns the US Federal Reserve.

That's just the beginning of it all.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by anjeeeee]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The UK would be in a difficult position having close ties with both the EU and US.

My choice is clear though,

Acincourt salute to the frenchies and all UK EU supporters executed as traitors....

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
uh...why would we go to war with the EU and why we they go to war with the US?

Because of different politics? That's just silly.

There would be nothing to gain from this war....

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
uh...why would we go to war with the EU and why we they go to war with the US?

Because of different politics? That's just silly.

Wars have started over far, far less.

I have a different theory on WWIII......

It will be a war between Islam vs the world.

Everyday, Europe is being invaded by more and more muslims. The EU then allows them to travel between countries with no restriction. Eventually, if things keep up the way they are with terrorism some nukes are going to go off in cities like NY, LA, London, Paris ect ect ect. Maybe even in Moscow who knows.

Anyway, it will come down to the world vs the middle east. I predict a ot of sand gets turned to glass.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
"The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth"

No, the meek shall inherit $hit.

In the event of a full scale WW3, the only thing we can count on the Europeans to do is go belly up to the first power that throws a punch at them. Anyone who believes that their governments and peoples can be counted on and trusted as allies under such dire circumstances is living in a fantasy world.

We could, however, count on them to "assist us" by sending a small army of scumbag beuracrats to obstruct and nitpick every little detail about what we do to keep ourselves and our soldiers safe. And seeing how often they like to play on both sides of the Red fence nowadays, would you honestly want to trust them with our intel and technology only to have it end up in enemy hands shortly thereafter, like they regularly do now?

I hope people don't believe that we would handle a new world war in the same manner we are dealing with the war on terror. The war on terror has been (despite what the liberal fruitcakes say) has been handled with kid gloves, to the dismay of many Americans. In the event of the crap hitting the fan, we would go from pin-point bombing strikes to flattening entire cities just to be on the safe side. Our troops would more than likely be at less risk than they are now, seeing how the clowns in Washington would finally have the backbone to tell the U.N to get stuffed, and use more firepower (like we should be doing in the Sunni triangle).

I'm not saying that all Europeans are untrustworthy and not worth protecting, but those said Europeans are unfortunately too few in number to influence the public opinion over there (twisted as it is), much less their own governments.

And saying we deliberately entered WW1 & 2 late, so the European powers would be weakened by the time we got there is a load of crap. The reason why the U.S. was reluctant to get involved both times is because the public over here did'nt feel like it was their war to fight. We were'nt the one constantly appeasing the Germans to the point where they felt they could safely overtake Europe. We were'nt the ones who turned a blind eye to them as they stormed into Poland (who by the way were one the few countries over there that was willing to put up a fight, even knowing the odds were bad). All of the hostility and bitterness we are feeling from over there now is what we should of given them over 50 years ago when they needed help.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by Crazyhorse]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well that will be the day that earth and heaven come together when the French and Germans and passably England work together
Also check this out French and German troops in the field the French say something the German soldier is like what hold up let me take out a dictionary

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I have a different theory on WWIII......

It will be a war between Islam vs the world.

I think that maybe this has already started.

The US has been funding Israel for years to help them fight the muslims. And of course the US (and some of its alies) has overthrown the governments of two Muslim countries in the last two years. If it continues to escalate still remains to be seen.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I believe WWIII will happen, and it will happen after 2008, cause olympics are to be in china that year, the country with the largest military. i think they will wait till after that, and the US will be their biggest threat. my opinion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join