It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Bringing Dinosaurs Back To Life! Will They Succeed?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
ok we need to do this already and then use them in the military a killing machines...lol...just send them out to the field

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

like a big iguana. Why create something that can't survive.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

If these scientist are just coming out publicly now, don't think for a minute that they have not already cloned several of these dinosaurs, which I bet any sum of money, they have already done it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
Ok you can have your dinosaur if i get the tiny giraffe from whatever commercial that is. Me wants real bad

What would be even greater is a T-Rex the size of that little giraffe..now that would be cool

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This is stupid. yuo shouldnt mess with mother nature* they were erased for a reason. i can see it now..tryanasoaurs rex escapes form one of their fenced in labs.. ate, mutilated some people for food. imagine the LIability for that* unless they find some clauss or loopholes form thier lawyers making it so their not responsable. wake up n see a pterandon up on your roof, see a raptor running down your street
wont be safe to go outside no more, thats for sure.
really, i wa a HUGE HUGE HUGE dinsoaur lover as a kid, and could tell everyone the names, carnivore, herbivore, always beeegd my momo for things form store if it had dinosurs in it. thats how it should remain* nothing but imagination and fossils* playing god, is wrong as all hell, let alone playing mother nature.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

so are you implying that they could not escape?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
wonder if they taste like chicken

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by freedish

i don't believe they could successfully do this. you can't remake what God destroyed.

Perhaps God did not destroy them but has merely preserved them by encapculating the dna. If they do revive the species, well guess what? God did not destroy them. Yay!!!!

maybe you're right....
maybe He did encapsulate them.
But I still don't think it's possible....
and I could be wrong.
but I hope i'm right.
Again I don't want velociraptors running around in my back yard.
edit on 11-4-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Why is the first thing that comes to my mind "Brontosaurs Burger".

Suffice to say, if they can actually do this, I want to eat one.

Good find S&F

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Amazing thread, with what I understand DNA is never erased with evolution, it is only organized differently with little on-off switches. Want a dinosaur? Its going to take some trial and error, but with enough on and off switches as genes in lifeforms, the possibilities are quite quite large.

The only hurdle to making a dinosaur is ethics and laws. We have the tech to map DNA and switch it as desired.

Vote me in as Yay for genetic tinkering.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
Man I would really love to see this.. There are only so many times that you can go to a zoo and see the same old animals but wouldnt it be awesome to go and see a raptor or a T-Rex?
Waiting for the "we shouldnt play god" posts to roll in now.

Yeah, sure. You can go take a trip to the zoo to the T-Rex, a creature our species has no idea how to handle or control. I'll stay away. Far away.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't know if I trust the scientist(s) working on this, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I think it would be great to bring back dinosaurs. But I hate that stupid question, "Are we playing God?" Of course not. There's no such thing as "playing God". It's like asking an engineer if they're "playing wizard" or something. God has no place in these scientific conversations. I'm sure those in science circles get sick and tired of people bringing up that ridiculous "question". Sure, maybe there is a creator. So? He hasn't bothered showing his face yet, why would he start now? I guess my point is, I wish people would just leave god and religion out of science. Until we can find evidence that gods exist, there's no reason to assume they do.

So more power to these guys. Hope they can bring dinosaurs back.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The whole playing god theory is silly and quite moronic. This is science. Sure, you need room for imagination but there's no room for imaginary friends.

However, I can't say I support this idea. It's an extinct species. Let it be.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

The only thing driving people to actually support this, is their own selfish greed too see a dinosaur first hand. After you get over the fact, youll come to realize the reality of what people are trying to do.
1. Yes dinosaurs are much stronger then humans and would be crazy hard to maintain
2. They dont have the same surroundings as they did thousands of years ago, it wouldnt be the same, most of the living dinosaurs would be depressed and die of depression. . . it happens alot with animals, that should not be held in captivity.
3. WE would have no idea what to expect, people claim that this isnt playing God, our world is not fit for dinosaurs, that is going beyond the means of nature. there is nothing positive about this for the dinosaur except to be showboated around the world.
4. Remeber King Kong?, I feel it could be very similar to that situation
5. The dinosaurs would live very unhealthy lives, not being able to be in its orginial surroundings

Just think about the fact of the matter after you get over how cool it would be.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by santjime

You make a good point. A valid point. After considering those points, I can't say I am entirely on board with creating dinosaurs. However, there is the scientific possibility that dinosaurs would not become the massive lizard birds they once were, due to the different atmospheric density or something (I read about one time in school :p). Regardless of whether or not that is true, I tend to believe that dinosaurs weren't phased out by evolution as much as they were wiped out by an extinction event, i.e. that they were killed before their time, so to speak. When a species is phased out by evolution, it's because nature has "decided" that the species in question is not strong enough, and needs to change in order to survive. Those changes slowly and subtly become a new species, as we all know. I believe it's possible for dinosaurs to survive on this planet. They are carbon-based lifeforms, and this is a very diverse planet, environmentally. There's somewhere they can live. Some people forget that Australia is very nearly as large as the continental U.S. and it's almost entirely wilderness. I believe some dinosaurs easily could survive there.

But like I said, I don't know if it really is a good idea. King Kong was a sad story, and a realistic one in terms of human behavior, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Did dinosaurs really become extinct 65 million years ago as scientists contend?

BELOW IS THE TABLE LISTING "INDEPENDENT & EMPIRICAL" C-14 LAB RESULTS OF DINOSAUR BONES

THIS TABLE WITH BACKGROUND INFO CAN BE FOUND IN THE SCIENTIFIC PAPER
"DIRECT DATING OF CRETACEOUS-JURASSIC FOSSILS"
(AND OTHER EVIDENCES FOR HUMAN-DINOSAUR COEXISTENCE)
A Creation Research Science-Education Foundation project, CRSEF, Box 292, Columbus OH 43216
Robert Garbe, Hugh Miller, John Whitmore, George Detwiler, Doug Wilber, Frank Vosler, John Ditmars, D. Davis

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I think this could be bad idea. If you figure out how to reverse engineer a species, who knows what else you can do??

Creating a dinosaur will just be a trillionth of the possibilities. One of them could end up the ultimate killing machine either by accident or by design

<< 6  7  8   >>

join