It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Bringing Dinosaurs Back To Life! Will They Succeed?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
This is a fantastic post. Stared and Flagged.

I read more on Waldemar Julsrud discovery at El Toro mountain in Mexico; that you had mentioned in the post. That story in it self deserves a thread in the conspiracy section. I searched the net for more on the Waldemar Julsrud discovery.

I could not believe the how many major universities set out to dis-credit the Waldemar Julsrud discovery. The discovery goes against everything we thought we knew about the Dinosaur age. It's just so unbelievable that these universities are still covering this up. Large civilizations living among dinosaurs.('
')

On the main topic article. The guy wants to have a dino chicken walking up behind him on the stage. Wow. that could very real in the near future. I also read up more on this . I did not know how fast the field was moving in DNA. This guy is bringing back dormant genes in chickens. ('
')

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
its not about playing god, its just a waste to create a creature for a zoo....your creating something to be penned up. thats different. I don't really care about cloning or dna manipulation or whatever, its just that there is no practical reason to make a giant killing machine and put it in a box.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Oh yeah! Can't wait till we can cage a T-Rex in a zoo so people can throw metal coins and mock its pathetic existence! Hah, we can finally have something interesting in the zoo, those same old boring animals never do anything funny to entertain us... but just imagine a raptor getting fed with live terrorists from gitmo!!!

No, no, imagine how they taste? No more same boring pork, now you can have a truck-sized bakon! Mmm bakon!!!

So many great things await us in future... we truly have progressed as a race and civilization. Future is bright for humanity!

Yeah that was sarcasm, but quite a few people think exactly this way.

I digress... Not only there won't even be "few decades" (there will never be 2013, remember?) but these creatures could never cope with our level of oxygen because we kinda... let's say "decreased" quality and abundance of air, remember rain forests? Probably not. But then there's that pesky gravity that kinda changed in the past 70 million years, our beloved moon drifts away from us remember? Boy, lots o things changed from back then, and that's only what we learned so far. Basically you'd have to keep these beasts in some isolated domes with (future) anti-gravity machinery or something ridiculous like that.

I actually love palenteology and watched chicken with sharp jagged teeth being created long ago, but we as a humanity have some bigger problems now than producing oversized monster-chicken. Also I'm totally against scientists toying around with genes although I'm sure secretly funded research has progressed a lot in the tabu field.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

bacon! lol, need a smoked tri tops for a side.

they are proto chickens!

i want an brie t-rex egg omelette for brunch.

of course with some friends about 20! lol.

"i think we need a bigger pan!"

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
scientists have ambitions behind that sure.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
i dont doubt for one second that somewhere hidden they already have a few dinos in existence that they have created from dna. they of course wont tell joe q public who watches football, eats and drinks poison fluoride and cant even find his own home on a map. And these dinos are NOT millions of years old. they were mainly killed off during the flood of noahs day. they still find wooly mammoths buried in ice with green vegetation in their gut. thats not millions of years....thats a couple thousand.

Me i believe the dinos were a geneticly modified creation of the nephilim. The giants took lizards and snakes dna and formed these things. thats why the t rex has small shrinky dink front arms that are pretty useless. this tells me its a defect and was designed in a lab. The nephiilim were half angel and so the fathers of these giants were angels. they probably told them all the tricks they could do with dna......just like scientists can do today. Thats also why they find giant humanoid footprints right next to dino footprints. They walked right along side them or could have even used them as mounts!. imagine seeing a mean old giant riding a T rex. yes history was full of craziness. if you compared a rock lizard to a T rex you can see the similarities....it is very possible it was the dna of this creature that was used to make a t rex. just my .02 cents

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
Man I would really love to see this.. There are only so many times that you can go to a zoo and see the same old animals but wouldnt it be awesome to go and see a raptor or a T-Rex?
Waiting for the "we shouldnt play god" posts to roll in now.

And wouldn't be awsome when these huge dinasaurs escape there compound and eat you and your family????

Have some common sense will ya.... i don't think this is the best idea unless they take out their teeth and claws!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
If 'god' created man in his own image, he created us with the ability to become god.

Bring them back!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'm only wondering what the heck would they feed it. I don't think there were too many cows, sheep around the time of the Dinosaurs.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Great Thread,
Who's to say that dinosaurs haven't been around in the not so distance past.
Theres a lot of depictions of large reptiles, dragons etc in cravings , drawings and stories,
Modern scientist call most of these pictures ,myths or fanciful imaginations or doodles, cause they might of seen a giant bone.
I don't know if i saw a giant bone without ever seeing a dinosaur, i'd be able to come up with a drawing of a dinosaur. Man has learned a lot from seeing and watching and then taken it from there.
But there are fossilized human foot prints next to dinosaur foot prints and human and dinosaur remains in the same fossilized geological layer.
Either man has been here a lot longer then anybody has thought or dinosaurs may have existed up to recent times, or may still be here< as claimed by recent sitings over the last 200 years or so.
The DNA part of this is wild.
Plus finding unfossilized pliable tissue and vessels is a bit odd if its millions of years old, but if it was encased only thousands of years ago that would make more sense.
But reproducing a Raptor or T-Rex is a bit crazy, things always have a way of coming back and biting us in the arse.
As the movie shows i'm sure the end result wouldn't be much different. and someone would say oops, my bad.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Wow, wow and wow!

This would be a dream come true for me, I love dinosaurs and to be able to actually see a T-Rex would actually to be honest, blow my mind.

Lets keep out fingers crossed

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Even if they were able to bring the dinosaur back, it will most likely not survive.

Bubbles in tree sap have revealed that the earth’s atmosphere had twice the air pressure and almost twice the amount of oxygen before.
It’s believed that when the Firmament, talked about in Genesis, broke open and the flood occurred, that the atmosphere changed, thus causing oxygen levels to drop and air pressure to drop.

If you look at the big dinosaurs, they had huge bodies and small ribcages. That means they had small lungs. Giving the conditions before the flood, oxygen and air pressure would have been enough for them to breathe in. Today the big ones will just suffocate again if brought back.

Interesting to read

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Dinosaurs don't have to be ressurected.

You are surrounded by them everyday.

Some live in your homes.

Some can talk like Humans.

Instead of Dinosaurs, we refer to them today as birds.
edit on 11-4-2011 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Dinosaurs don't have to ressurected.

You are surrounded by them everyday.

Some live in your homes.

Some can talk like Humans.

Instead of Dinosaurs, we refer to them today as birds.

Damn, for a minute there I was expecting a punchline saying something like:

"Instead of Dinosaurs, we refer to them as 'old folks'"

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I believe Michael Crichton has written a couple books that prove this to be a horrible idea.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
would they be of the original size??? wasnt the earth gravity different back then?? or something like that. how could animals of such size exist given our gravity. i mean how much energy would they consume just to breath let alone move and reproduce. wow impressive if its true and even more so if they accomplish it. go team science.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
All I can say is awesome. I think a velociraptor would make a great house pet and keep intruders from breaking into the home.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What happens when they turn out not look or act ANYTHING like what they think they will...........

And for the worse.....

THen what?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Interesting OP.

A new poster to ATS has just opened this thread and according to their studies Dinosaurs were not lizards but mammals!!! Might be worth keeping a check on that thread to see if it ties in with anythng said on this thread?.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
We farm chickens, for eggs... We even eat them. Whats the difference concerning playing god when you want to make a lil t-rex out of a chicken?

This could be fantastic, I always loved jurassic park..or it could be pandoras box

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join