It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird haze in New York City any one else notice weird weather???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I took a pic of the sun this morning so you could see the haze. I took this pic this morning on the roof of my bldg. Let me state that I go ever morning up to the roof for an inspection since am in charged of this area. That being said I am very familiar with the weather here I've lived in NYC my whole life and what I saw this morning kinda freaked me out. NO it was in no way smog from the bldgs around that you guys may be aware off as I could tell the diff from smog and this haze. Anyway I wanted to know if anybody else in the country witness anything weird today.

img26.imageshack.us..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 9-4-2011 by Warhacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Warhacks

It's probably HAARP.

Can you fix the image url?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I dont think you can post your email lol.
Try putting the pic on imageshack and then posting the link.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yes please upload your pic to imageshack or something. As for this haze you seen, it could be a nice, warm blanket of chemicals.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I am here in Tn it's 8:00pm and we have got 5 different storms in the area all at the same time coming from all directions. anybody else?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
was it like, no clouds in sight, but this weird slightly yellowish misty haze? lets say the regular greenhouse effect over a large city but many times over.

oh and it kind of magnifies the sun making the sky much more bright and alot hotter.
similar to the effect of a magnifying glass with sunlight.

im across the ocean from ny, but your description sounds exactly like the strange mist that i noticed here in lisbon for 3 days in a row a couple days ago..

the winds over the atlantic are blowing wich way

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Was there any chem trailing recently?

It could honestly be all sorts of things but you need to fix your image

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 9-4-2011 by prolific because: fail

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Fix picture please. ( you fixed while I was typing this) -

The picture/sun does look strange it almost looks as if it is the moon or some heavy smog/fog.

This thread may be of some help

What the hell is the sun doing!? By - Chadwickus
edit on 9-4-2011 by pop_science because: fixin mistakes

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by pop_science

i think what the OP is talking about is a specific atmospheric condition, nothing to do with the sun itself.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
hey im in brooklyn new york.i agree weather,specially clouds are strange these days. this afternoon i saw clouds criss-cross each other in a shape i've never seen before.it looked like a fishnet...dunno why.
i will keep lookin up and keep on eye on the sky

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Yea sorry about the pic got it fixed tho. It does look like the moon but I can assure you it was the sun it was 8:30 in the morning and bright lol. I took the pic with the camera on my phone that has 8mg that is ok but I'll try to go to the roof tomorrow maybe I could get better shots with a better camera that could show this fog in more detail that if there's more of this wierd fog

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by pop_science

sorry to reply again but you edited while i replied. im on mobile so i cant see the picture, but your comparison to the moon also struck similar with what ive seen, at times the sun would be so dimmed by the mist it would look like the moon, but in turn leaving the sky a bright white instead of blue.

by the way im not trying to jump on any bandwagon, but like the op i have daily acess to a high rooftop and the reason i posted is because the op made remind of what ive seen from last wed to fri

not fog

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Few pics I took about 15 mins ago-- in Oklahoma

img819.imageshack.us...

img836.imageshack.us...

img577.imageshack.us...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Here's the pic embedded from the OP.

Nice pic.

edit on 9-4-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hey OP, a poster named "starless and bible black" posted in this other thread about a haze in Chicago today.....sounds very much like your description...their post is towards the bottom of page 1.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My first thought when I saw your picture was that it reminded me of when I was in Yellowstone working when the big fires of 1988 came through....that kind of haze from a fire that makes the sun look more like the moon.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Redux

Yea I saw he posted that on another thread I started. That's when I remembered about the fog/haze this morning. I Mean this weather was really really weird that I was compelled to take a pic .when I saw his post it was exactly as what I experienced this morning in NYC. Other ppl seem to have notice this odd weather 2

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow, I'm in Toronto and saw the same thing yesterday while jogging. I stopped for a while to take a look at it and forgot about it until I saw this thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

That is a little weird if it's new to you.
If it is a yellow haze could be pollen. It settles all over cars here in NW FL.
Picture looks like a fast moving storm system, possibly moving through the area quickly instead of dropping
precipitation. Seems like there are certain areas prone to that. Hope it's not a Mystery Mist that could
hurt somebody. Keep us informed if you will. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Yeah, we've had an unusually large amount of rainy days the past couple of weeks. And they're calling for 75 degrees on Monday (Penna's average temp for this time of the year is more like 45 degrees).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join