It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO, make a basic model of one yourself out of poster board. Directions inside :-)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Here is a recent story for general read> www.aolnews.com...

How to make a model of one out of mere poster board. This model will demonstrate how such a large object can be stored when its hull is collapsed so it can be stored in any ordinary large hanger facility.

Take a sheet of poster board and draw these lines.

img833.imageshack.us...

Divide it linear into equal segments. Make as few or many as you wish it does not matter. I drew mine into eight segments.

img690.imageshack.us...

Then draw diagonal lines. Those would be the ones colored red.

img132.imageshack.us...

Then the opposite way on the edge pieces. This to save material. Note this is the other side of the hull. I'm using it as it is the best image of what the poster board should look like at this stage.

img130.imageshack.us...

Back to the red lined side.

Use a box cutter or carpenter knife to cut the pieces. Score and tape ( clear box tape is the best ) the center pieces. Do this because once it is all put together it will just be easier to fold in and out.

img72.imageshack.us...

You are then going to want to attach them together like

THIS> img109.imageshack.us... The image didn't fit entirely on the ImageShack page as you can see. Please note that does not mean to cut the port and starboard ends off.

Top should look like

THIS> img718.imageshack.us... I color coded it for easier visual comprehension

Bottom should look like

THIS> img32.imageshack.us... The pilothouse is on the bottom side AKA cockpit.

Okay, that's the basics.

I can get into more detailed stuff later like how the seams fold.

img17.imageshack.us...

img413.imageshack.us...

Engine scale img811.imageshack.us... It's thicker than that. That would be scale for close to what it would be during midway through its hull deployment/retraction phase. that would be a GE90. There are coned intake and exhaust fittings, cowlings. They look like this www.youtube.com... but flare out more. top and bottom look about the same. It's just a heat barrier more than anything.

There is a lot more to it of course. This is just a start, and if this thread attracts any interest I'll add much more about the inner workings.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

I'm working on this> img694.imageshack.us... All done in basic windows paints. I guess i could do it in CADD, but I'm not set up here for that.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Great. Thanks man.

I predict a huge increase in "UFO" videos in the next couple of weeks.

VVV

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I love how posts like this totally discredit the UFO phenomena

Oh we'll freedom of disinformation i guess.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Don't forget to make one. If it doesn't work there is a money back guarantee.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by prodomino

How many pieces of disinformation actually work? THIS DOES!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

img17.imageshack.us...

Now add 3 engines underneath and make the top fla.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Note that image is a skin fold at a seam junction.

You can place the engines nearly anywhere. I need to draw up a schematic of a cross section illustrating scissor braces. There are XXXX cross members just like on a caterer's canopy which form a larger X running diagonally from top booms down to bottom booms. Where they cross each other at the mid-line center depth of the hull is where the engines can be mounted. Of course the further apart the engines are placed from one another the more stabile the craft is in vertical and stationary flight. There is less of the "riding the edge of a knife effect" as some "Jump Jet" pilots had described when craft like the Harrier en.wikipedia.org... were first introduced.
edit on 12-4-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: added a link

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Note that image is a skin fold at a seam junction.

You can place the engines nearly anywhere. I need to draw up a schematic of a cross section illustrating scissor braces. There are XXXX cross members just like on a caterer's canopy which form a larger X running diagonally from top booms down to bottom booms. Where they cross each other at the mid-line center depth of the hull is where the engines can be mounted. Of course the further apart the engines are placed from one another the more stabile the craft is in vertical and stationary flight. There is less of the "riding the edge of a knife effect" as some "Jump Jet" pilots had described when craft like the Harrier en.wikipedia.org... were first introduced.
edit on 12-4-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: added a link

Can you put a engine on the tip and 2 engines on both bottom at the end?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes, because the bow section has a central hub where the telescoping booms are mounted to it which has a space in the center where an engine can be mounted. Just to the rear of the pilothouse.

The port and starboard ends are supported by scissor cross members that cross each other at central points. That's all that is needed because the center points of these cross members never move away from each other during hull expansion and contraction. Also the structural value is lets say, tight and firm, where energy can be pushed against the frame as a whole, evenly, and without frame movement. Some minor vibrations and that's it. The same vibrations that occur within any fixed hull aircraft, such as an airliner when the engines are turning at high RPM.
edit on 13-4-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

join