It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

questions about the end

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
few questions i have about the end of the world

1. can i go a week on this forum without hearing someone talking about the end of the world, it just seems like someone is saying its going to happen soon.

2. how is this 2012 thing affected by timezones. if its dec 20 11:00 wouldnt it be dec 21 12:00 some where would the chaos only be occuring in that timezone
just some questions/thoughts

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
1) Not likely.

2) Without disclosing my beliefs on the subject, keep in mind that dates (and essentially everything related to measuring time) are human ideas.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

guess so

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
oh no when the asteroid hits , it will get to you guys an hour later, ahahaha, did u really ask that question

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well its the winter solstice, so where ever you are when that happens. I guess would depend on the time and date. and good luck on no 2012 doomsday threads.
edit on 8-4-2011 by dropdjones because: spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

A week lol, I would be happy to go a day without one.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarkmessiah

its just a thought, if the prohecy said it was going to be on dec 21, it will not completly be dec 21 every where at once just do to a timezone rule, more a joke than anything else

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hmmm, since much of the 2012 date info comes from the Mayan calendar it seems only right that the end would come on midnight in the timezone of the Mayan capital city? Yess?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

well thats what i think

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about timezones. Nothing's going to happen.

If something does happen, I won't have to apologize to anyone for being wrong
I'm in a win-win situation

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
for the record with the timezone thing, by our best estimates, when the astrioid that wiped out the dinosaurs hit in the gulf of mexico, the dinosaurs in places in asia wouldnt of noticedfor almost half an hour

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
for the record with the timezone thing, by our best estimates, when the asteroid that allegedly wiped out the dinosaurs hit in the gulf of mexico, the dinosaurs in places in asia wouldn't of noticed for almost half an hour

Fixed, for my own satisfaction.

It is unlikely, in the event of an "end of the world" scenario, that it would be any sort of instantaneous occurrence. Every event has some sort of duration, whether it is 45 minutes, or .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001^ -1000000000 of a nanosecond.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If time has a speed the same way as sound or light, would it travel across the globe like a hypothetical time wave?

Just a thought. Maybe that how time zones were made, or the logic behind. If a country is 21 hours ahead my time zone, does it take 21 hours to get there? , progressing though the ascending time zones of course. I really don't know ha.

Also, time is not man-made, it is what i think is called a universal of reality. the methods of telling time, or rather measuring time cause you can't tell time anything, it has no ears haha (unless you have some sort of power to do so), is obviously man-made.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't think it's really an issue, since the Mayans had no clue that Juluis Ceasar was going to completely re-dux the calendar, the number 21/12//2012 is just as good a date as any I guess so the actual time of day that you want to use is pretty much meaningless. You could go to a site like Heavens-Above.com and convert the time to sideral time and get the astronomical time alignment if you really wanted to get down to brass tacks. I would imagine if it does happen, the best place to be would be "X marks the spot!"

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dissent

You're in a pitch black room with no sound coming in and suspended in water. What time is it?
Just messing around..went here:en.wikipedia.org... and understood narry a thing.
Wondered how time tied in with everything else..is it really relative as Einstein said it was? Think he
said that..oh well.
I try to keep up with you guys who do know things and understand things but it's really impossible.
I learned to let most of that stuff go as it did not mean anything in my practical world. My aunt, long
deceased, used to tell me you could time travel if you had nothing affecting you..magnetism etc..still
trying to figure out what she meant LOL That was a long time ago she said that but just what do I mean
a long time ago??? There are more questions than answers. In times like these it might not be such a
bad idea to sit down and try to study some things like this.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think "End of the world" is not a fair phrase. It's wayyyyyy too general, and Hollywood-ized (i.e. the movie 2012). All those people thinking they were comfortable and safe in their homes in Japan and New Orleans, who were swept away, that was "the end of the world" for them. I think 9-11-01 was an end of the world. It was apocalyptic looking andmass- traumatic, and govornences over people, and 'warfare' changed thereafter.

new topics

top topics

join