It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-D Map of the Earth created 120 million years ago?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted before, I didn't have luck finding anything here on it - supposedly some years ago, a relief map of the Ural mountains was found that appears to be roughly 120 million years old.

From the Library of the Pleiades (www.bibliotecapleyades.net):

The professor of Bashkir State University found indisputable evidence of the existence of an ancient, highly developed civilization in the Urals. His find is a huge slab, whose age is supposed to be about 120 million years.

We have some more details from this blog:

The professor of Bashkir State University , Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Science Alexander CHUVYROV, found indisputable evidence of the existence of an ancient, highly developed civilization in the Urals. His find is a huge slab, whose age is supposed to be about 120 million year, covered with the relief map of Ural Region. The map contains civil engineering works: a system of channels with a length of about 12,000 km, weirs, powerful dams. Not far from the channels, diamond-shaped grounds are shown, whose destination is unknown. The map also contains some inscriptions. Even numerous inscriptions in a hieroglyphic-syllabic language of unknown origin. The scientists never managed to read it...Geological structure of the slab was determined: it consists of three levels. The base is 14 cm chick, made of the firmest dolomite. The second level is probably the most interesting, “made” of diopside glass. The technology of its treatment is not known to modern science. Actually, the picture is marked on this level. While the third level is 2 mm thick & made of calcium porcelain protecting the map from external impact. It should be noticed, – Chuvyrov said, – that the relief has not been manually made by an ancient stonecutter. It is simply impossible. It is obvious that the stone was machined. X-ray photographs confirmed that the slab was of artificial origin & has been made with some precision tools.

I haven't been able to find much else on this other than some who tried to look into it and suggest it's not a hoax - does anyone else have any information or thoughts on this? Would love to know what the community can offer up on this as far as actual info or just opinion - thanks.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
if this was real then I'm sure this is proof that mankind had been a powerful civilization before something bad came

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I did a quick search and found some interesting news for you.

There is a small thread discussing the origins of this stone HERE.

And a website HERE discusses the debate on the stone's origins and possible modern day machining techniques.

I am up in the air on it for now, but I am leaning towards hoax.

If I find more I'll post it for you.

King

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Pravda.....enough said

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
www.cherada.com...&usg=__Ev7QNLjso1LyrSLnT-36j5eJ2XQ=&h=1044&w=750&sz=131&hl=nl&start=97&um=1&tbnid=SjvTs-ZQl U3rlM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=108&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddashka%2Bstone%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Dnl%26rlz%3D1T4GGLR_nlNL238NL302%26sa%3DN%26start%3D80%26um%3D1
This page even goes into the press conference held with Alexander Chuvyrov

PRAVDA.Ru hold a press-conference on June 6 with Doctor of physics and mathematics, professor of the State University of Bashkiria, Alexander Chuvyrov. This scientist found the infallible proof about the existence of the ancient highly-developed civilization. He found a huge stone slab, which was 120 million years old, with a relief map of the Ural region on it.

This is some really cool stuff!!! S & F

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hoax or no hoax think about this for a minute. From "life after people" it's estimated that after a million years the earth will erase most of the traces of our society. Recorded history only goes back several thousand. That leaves billions of years where we only have fossilized evidence. The only thing that survives are bones and even then usually it's a jigsaw puzzle.
If another highly advanced civilization had sprung up 100 million or a billion years ago how easily could we find evidence of it besides skeletons? Would we be able to piece together the skeletons and say "they were more advanced than us" or would we believe that there could be no way they could have tech that far back?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Hah...I was kind of thinking the same thing when I dug this up and was putting the post together, but figured as was mentioned in a few other places it might be OK.

Please keep it coming, I want to know if there's actually anything to this. Regardless, I think there's more than enough anecdotal evidence (at least) to prove that we're short on actual knowledge about this history of this rock we call home - IMHO.

Thanks for the input so far, all.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by js331975

There's no carbon footprint of an advanced civilization millions of years ago. Our current civilization, if wiped out today, and rediscovered in 5 million years, would leave more behind than just skeletons. Some things don't deteriorate, so over time, there would still be artifacts. You could say the artifacts are washed away, but a lot of stuff floats, too. You could say it was buried. Theres no geological data that says there was an advanced civilization. Our plastics will leave a mark in stratigraphic data, without a doubt.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I've searched a bit and I think I 've found the place on a map!!!

Some of the pictures I've taken of it are satellite images and others are poorly rendered maps... but you will see the essential...

First pic is to help you find it. It is the triangle in the middle. ( Well, a bit to its left, our right, actually )

Closer

Closer still...

Look at the big lake, top left corner, now compare its shape to the one on the map...

If you now look at the Creator Map, you will notice the same shaped hole... Plus, that triangular shape, on the Creator Map is like the slightly triangular one on the map... Also, in the Creator Map, you can see a vertical long line going into the triangular hole. If this was a river, or a trench to carry water, it has since moved, like all rivers do, and began to wave, precluding to a future lake. Now look at the third picture, and you will see a river, near where the map shows a straight line.

On the next one, you can better see the river.

What do you think?

I do not remember having seen this Creator Map before. It is cool!

PS: It's my first ever posting of pictures on a thread, so if I fail... gimme some minutes... Plus, I hope I haven't mixed the pics...
And hope I'm not too far off with this post...

PPS: I had to forget something... the link to where I found the map.
www.peakbagger.com...
edit on 8-4-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Great find, S&F.

For me, this is what ATS should be all about.

There is way too much archaeological evidence being found that really, really disputes the current timeline of human development, and challenges the idea that Homo Sapiens are the first intelligent race of beings on this planet.

However, most of the evidence that doesn't meet the current criteria of accepted archeaology is being, pardon the pun, buried by mainstream archaeologists to cover up the fact that the commonly accepted theories are completely, absolutely, wrong.

Most of the general public don't have a clue that this is going on.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
However, for those folks trying to find this on a modern map, good luck.

Do you realize how much rivers change in 100 years, let alone 120 million years? That long ago, maybe the mountains themselves were much different as well.

Don't go trying to find this area by looking at modern relief maps.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Just look two posts above yours!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
Sorry if this has been posted before, I didn't have luck finding anything here on it - supposedly some years ago, a relief map of the Ural mountains was found that appears to be roughly 120 million years old.

From the Library of the Pleiades (www.bibliotecapleyades.net):

The professor of Bashkir State University found indisputable evidence of the existence of an ancient, highly developed civilization in the Urals. His find is a huge slab, whose age is supposed to be about 120 million years.

We have some more details from this blog:

The professor of Bashkir State University , Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Science Alexander CHUVYROV, found indisputable evidence of the existence of an ancient, highly developed civilization in the Urals. His find is a huge slab, whose age is supposed to be about 120 million year, covered with the relief map of Ural Region. The map contains civil engineering works: a system of channels with a length of about 12,000 km, weirs, powerful dams. Not far from the channels, diamond-shaped grounds are shown, whose destination is unknown. The map also contains some inscriptions. Even numerous inscriptions in a hieroglyphic-syllabic language of unknown origin. The scientists never managed to read it...Geological structure of the slab was determined: it consists of three levels. The base is 14 cm chick, made of the firmest dolomite. The second level is probably the most interesting, “made” of diopside glass. The technology of its treatment is not known to modern science. Actually, the picture is marked on this level. While the third level is 2 mm thick & made of calcium porcelain protecting the map from external impact. It should be noticed, – Chuvyrov said, – that the relief has not been manually made by an ancient stonecutter. It is simply impossible. It is obvious that the stone was machined. X-ray photographs confirmed that the slab was of artificial origin & has been made with some precision tools.

I haven't been able to find much else on this other than some who tried to look into it and suggest it's not a hoax - does anyone else have any information or thoughts on this? Would love to know what the community can offer up on this as far as actual info or just opinion - thanks.

I notice this find is quite old. I don't think its a hoax its just something that archaelogists stay away from. If you can't really give a full explanation for the piece than why bother right? This type of find is usually put to the side until another artifact is found that can link it to this particular lost civilization.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Very nice, NowanKenubi, I think you did great with the post, and it looks like you might be right as well.

I'll do some more looking at this, but nice find and thanks for contributing!
Steve

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

It was my pleasure! I was surprised to find some kind of correlation that fast! I just wish the "map" was more defined ( not the Creator one, the one from the map site ). There must be one somewhere!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
There is way too much archaeological evidence being found that really, really disputes the current timeline of human development, and challenges the idea that Homo Sapiens are the first intelligent race of beings on this planet.
However, most of the evidence that doesn't meet the current criteria of accepted archeaology is being, pardon the pun, buried by mainstream archaeologists to cover up the fact that the commonly accepted theories are completely, absolutely, wrong.
Most of the general public don't have a clue that this is going on.

Prove it.
And while spelling archaeology correctly won't strengthen your argument any, it can't hurt.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

Nice, thanks, I'll keep this around for further reading.

Much obliged!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Extremely interesting. Sounds like there are a lot of questions that need to be answered about this stone though. Information seems pretty sketchy and there are not a lot of pics available though.

Imagine the implications for humanity if this turns out to be the real deal.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Cool find I never heard of this before. Sadly it's true that mainstream scientists seem to ignore ,if not bury artifacts that do not fit in with the mainstream beliefs. Mankind has always been more capable than they are given credit for.S&F

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I've been convinced for awhile now, ever since reading Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock, that there's definitely a whole lot more to history than what we're taught in school. Thanks for the share OP, interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join