It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinaloa Cartel Offers Legal Challenge to U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is a case we should keep an eye on. The Sinaloa Cartel just might have proof of US involvement in the drug war.

Mexican drug lord Ismael “El Vicentillo” Zambada was extradited to the US in February 2010 to be tried on drug charges in Chicago and the District of Columbia. His high priced lawyers have filed a motion that will essentially put the US Government on trial.

His lawyers are alleging that Zambada was distributing drugs with the Consent of various US agencies.

Last month, his attorneys filed a simple but explosive one page motion in federal court. They say the FBI, the DEA and various Dept. of Homeland Security agents in Mexico were actually working with Zambada for more than five years.

The same article also mentions his high priced lawyers. My question is How is he paying for these lawyers? I would have thought the US would have had his accounts frozen.

He’s contracted some of the highest profile criminal defense lawyers in the country

www.fronterasdesk.org...

Extra source

The motion filed

Does this drug lord really have the documents/proof to prove his case? and if he does, would the US give him a chance to prove his case?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If you need more proof of US involvement with the Drug Cartels investigate Los Zetas. They were trained here and sent over there to start # up.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yes, we did train some Zetas.

But is the training they received the primary reason they join organized crime?

I guess what caught my attention to this article is that I feel it would be nice to have the US corrupt war on drugs play out in court for all to see and hear.

There is a reason so many drugs are allowed to get into the US.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
The same article also mentions his high priced lawyers. My question is How is he paying for these lawyers? I would have thought the US would have had his accounts frozen.

Accounts?

No, it's called cash.

Or, getting your drug cartel buddies to sell a few kilos of coke.

If these guys can orchestrate escapes from maximum security prisons as they have accomplished in Mexico, they can surely get their buddies to show up with large sums of money to pay for whatever lawyers they need.

Does this drug lord really have the documents/proof to prove his case?

I wouldn't know, but I don't doubt that what he says is true nonetheless. Our government certainly has the history to give precedent.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
these cartels seem good at faking paperwork, while i do think the government is allowing trafficking im not sure id trust any drug cartels as a source.
edit on 8-4-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Accounts?

No, it's called cash.

Yeppers.

Arrests of corrupt U.S. border police rise

An Associated Press investigation has found U.S. law officers who work the border are being charged with criminal corruption in numbers not seen before, as drug and immigrant smugglers use money and sometimes sex to buy protection, and internal investigators crack down.

Based on Freedom of Information Act requests, interviews with sentenced agents and a review of court records, the AP tallied corruption-related convictions against more than 80 enforcement officials at all levels — federal, state and local — since 2007, shortly after Mexican President Felipe Calderon declared war on the cartels that peddle up to $39 billion worth of drugs in the United States each year.

U.S. officials have long pointed to Mexico's rampantly corrupt cops and broken judicial system, but Calderon told the AP this isn't just a Mexican problem.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

And this just in, April 7:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Mexican cartels corrupting more US border officials?
Nearly 80 have been arrested in the last five years; hundreds more under investigation

edit on Fri Apr 8th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
seriously its time we just go to war with these groups and stop assisting those jokers in the middle east.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

these cartels seem good at faking paperwork,

Does the government not do the same? Didn't the government not have paperwork showing Iraq had WMD's?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this guy
winds up suiciding in his cell
with the help of a half dozen
guards.

The DOJ will not allow council to
bring into evidence any content
related to the alphabet soup.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

seriously its time we just go to war with these groups and stop assisting those jokers in the middle east

Yep, like we need another war.

How about instead of war we find a real solution.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
seriously its time we just go to war with these groups and stop assisting those jokers in the middle east.

The problem with that is that Americans would revolt against their own government if they escalated the "war on drugs" to such a degree.

You forget that America is by far the largest market for these drug dealers. It's just easier to produce the drugs in Mexico. The real demand is all here in America. Think about that for a second. Cops are already killed on a regular basis in Mexico as it is, all thanks to their all-out war.

link   

How about instead of war we find a real solution.

there is only one solution

a new revolution
with a lot of house cleaning

link   
reply to post by jam321

i mean end all the middle east wars, we need to protect OUR borders. seems our goverment would rather go to war then decriminalize what these groups profit off[
edit on 8-4-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I agree about the wars in the ME. Those wars have gone on long enough.

What you think about this bill?

A bill proposed in Congress this week to declare six Mexican drug cartels terrorist organizations is causing concern in Mexico. The bill proposed by Rep. Mike McCaul (R-Texas) would authorize U.S. law enforcement agencies to use extreme measures to isolate the cartels and capture their leaders.

gantdaily.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

a lot would come out of that bill. its gonna be alot easier shipping some @#$ kicking out of texas to central america then shipping it across the planet

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It would be a good day to see all these silly games come to an end and decriminalise drugs, the people will be happy and wars will reduce. The only people to lose out are those making bombs and those running the prisons and is that really a bad thing?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

What you think about this bill?

A bill proposed in Congress this week to declare six Mexican drug cartels terrorist organizations is causing concern in Mexico. The bill proposed by Rep. Mike McCaul (R-Texas) would authorize U.S. law enforcement agencies to use extreme measures to isolate the cartels and capture their leaders.

gantdaily.com...

I think that if they captured the real leaders, there would be a lot of jobs become open on Wall Street, in banking, politics, the military and "intelligence".

Max Keiser saw it first hand:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-4-2011 by tyson because: link failed

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Update:

DEADLINE LIVE EXCLUSIVE: Sinaloa Drug Cartel Controlled and Protected by Both Mexican and U.S. Governments

Recent testimony by captured drug cartel leader Vicente Zambada in Federal Court points to DEA and FBI protection and collaboration with one of the most dangerous and powerful criminal organizations in the world: the Sinaloa Drug Cartel. South of the border, a brave Mexican journalist exposes how the Mexican government not only protects the Sinaloa Drug Cartel, but also works as an ally to eliminate their rivals and competitors.

By Mario Andrade
DeadlineLive.info
April 15, 2011

deadlinelive.info...

Other interesting stories:

Pentagon Fingered as a Source of Narco-Firepower in Mexico

deadlinelive.info...

I can't help but wonder when this absurd conduct will stop? What will it take to stop this mafia government?

new topics

top topics

join