It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archeologists uncover first known 'gay' caveman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Archeologists uncover first known 'gay' caveman

au.news.yahoo.com

Scientists say that they have uncovered the first known gay caveman 5000 years after his death.

Archeologists have uncovered the grave of a man they believed to have died between 2900 and 2500 B.C. and was seemingly buried in a way that suggests he was homosexual.

"Far more likely is that he was a man with a different sexual orientation, homosexual or transvestite. What we see here does not add up to traditional Corded Ware cultural norms."

There had been previous skeletons discovered where a
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.huffingtonpost.com
abcnews.go.com
content.usatoday.co m

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24e0f180af74.jpg[/atsimg]

hahahhhaaaaaaaaa
Welcome to today everyone, where science has become a joke!!!

Ya i'm sure he was a gay caveman because of how he was found

found on his left side with his head facing west, buried with household jugs and no weapons.

household jugs and NO WEAPONS????
Oh he must be gay then
Yes of course he was super gay, if he lived today he would probably a big fan of queen!

An oval-shaped jug was also found near the feet of the skeleton.

OMG.. Not Oval????

hahaha.. look even NPR JUMPED on this!
www.npr.org...

LOL LOL

On a serious note though, no matter how seriously you take this, to me Science has become a joke

It's sad to see this really

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well it IS a fabulous jug. You never know.

And really who cares?

Homosexuality just didnt seem to be that big a deal to the pagans of the world. Its seems to be something the Semitic peoples were highly distraught about.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
WTF! Can this planet be any dumber?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

i'm going to go out on a limb and take a guess that IF a "gay" caveman was walking around, it wouldn't be for long. He would have had his head clubbed in and fed to the tigers.

Why bother with a burial? I am pretty sure "ancient" man was less cordial towards gay people as "modern" people are.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
and that jug
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e0418e58b4e.jpg[/atsimg]

Seriously, though the word "Jug" may be very heterosexual if said by a man, that jug looks like one big testicule

So yes, the reports MUST be right!

And hey, if they were homosexual then I guess it's safe to assume that NPR or MSNBC will soon come out with a report that there were homophobic cavemen as well.

Cavemen that cried when their kids refused to yield a weapon or get scared at massive prehistoric spiders.
These homophobic cavemen's skeleton will be found lying erect, legs slight spread out and arms flexing their biceps.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

youve gotta admit that the detailing on that jug does look a bit camp. i bet he had long hair and loved to mince.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Mere speculation at best, who knows he may have even been a homaphrodite.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Well, after reading the snippets that YOU chose, my first reaction was on par with your comments.

After reading the actual article though, I noticed a few key pieces that you conveniently left out.

During that period, men were traditionally buried with weapons, hammers and flint knives, and their bodies were placed on their right side with the head facing east.

Women were interred with their bodies on the left, head facing west, and buried with necklaces made from teeth, pets, and copper earrings, as well as domestic jugs and an egg-shaped pot placed near the feet.

Scientists are certain that the body placement was not a mistake, as customs were very strict on burial and funerals at the time.

Seems plausible to me.

lets look at some more.

There had been previous skeletons discovered where a female warrior had been buried like a man, and Siberian shamans, or witch doctors, had been buried in a similar way to the "gay" caveman, another member of the archaeological team, Katerina Semradova, said.

"This later discovery was neither of those. We believe this is one of the earliest cases of what could be described as a transvestite or third-gender grave in the Czech Republic."

Why do you feel the findings are a joke?

What is your explanation for the unorthodox burial of this man?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hello there. Please contribute to the previous discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

top topics

join