It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Your an ass! worthy of a wooden spoon! Dick!

all that aside i can only add this, a new install of GE!

I have a GE image off the coast of ireland, which have nothing to do with the Faroe islands/Pharaoh islands as you will see if you examine..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
No worries us Irish care enough for everyone!
Just being silly, couldn't resist....

Seriously though, whether or not this was Atlantis, it's still really interesting to learn more about the connections between Ancient Egyption cultures and Ancient Druid cultures......and the deep connections reflected through the religious writings and folklore throughout history, among so many different cultures. A facinating mystery, with lots of clues that "Someone" seems to want us to figure out........
edit on 8-4-2011 by MountainLaurel because: quote wrong

edit on 8-4-2011 by MountainLaurel because: quote wrong

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

I think in one of the animated ice age movies there is a huge wall of ice that starts to crack then breaks open flooding everything in the valley below it

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

the british/english got the creators (who was first) then (of course the real) gods pledge and HAVE to follow it fully properly or be destroyed, this is of course in as the best hypothetical terms that can be delivered obviously it cannot be gone into all the details of course.

edit on 8-4-2011 by ThePunisher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Atlantis, Fairies and all that stuff was a result of the ergot rye fungus which had '___'. Europeans were tripping badly for years and some are still getting flashbacks - especially the Irish.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

reply to post by SirKnightE

SirKnightE, did you happen to read this post and this post?

If so, what is your view in regard to the there-quoted information?

The quotes from Godfrey Higgins are of particular interest to Masons.

edit on 8-4-2011 by Tamahu because: added text

I did not read it til now, but I'm glad you pointed it out before I did, i will definitely go through later and clearly read your post. And fully respond

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki2012

Oh go on then please prove this

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki2012

Ergot is extremely dangerous. What on earth are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalki2012
Atlantis, Fairies and all that stuff was a result of the ergot rye fungus which had '___'. Europeans were tripping badly for years and some are still getting flashbacks - especially the Irish.

That was funny !! No good discussion about the Irish could be had without humor......

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
sounds like a really great theory but correct me if im wrong was atlantis described as lying in front of the pillars of hercules which i think is considered being the straight of gibraltar which would match up geographically i may be way off obviously youve reasearched this quite a bit just a question i had thank you for a great post

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by shagreen heart
reply to post by Blue Shift

personally i think it's under the ice of antarctica. or if not atlantis

Ding ding ... we have a winner

Woody

Says who?
The Zeta's?
ROFL!

Say what now ???

Might understand what you mean if you try to form a full sentence and expanded on your comment a little

Woody

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
If this is true genetic testing of the pharaoh’s royal bloodline should link them with modern Celtic/Irish people.
Guess what, that’s exactly what has happened King Tutankhamen and his father Pharaoh Akhenaton have tested positive.

Ancient Egypt was a continuation of Atlantis!

edit on 7-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

You have it backwards. Genetic testing proves that the Irish have the markers of Egyptian DNA, not the other way around. The Egytians came from Sumeria.

What were you on when you came up with these ideas? Were you on the alchemy threads?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm still thinking Atlantis might be Greenland even though there would have been Ice on Green land During the Ice Age.

Maybe Atlantis Existed after the Ice Age later than predicted? at 10,000-6000 BC?

-Greenland
-Iceland
-Sunken Areas off Irelands Coast or Spain
- The Mid Atlantic Ridge
-The Sunken City off Cuba
-The Americas

These are places i suggest Atlantis could have been; what do you guys think?

S & F OP

edit on 9-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Originally posted by LUXUS
The ancient Irish count among their ancestors a race of tall white people called the Tuatha de Danan “the children of Danu”. They are presented in Irish story’s as being very advanced technologically but what is more interesting is that we are told that their homeland called “Tir Nan Og” (the land of Og) sank under the waves during a catastrophic flood.

As a scholar of ancient Irish mythology and culture, as well as a fluent speaker of Irish Gaelic, I can assure you that Tir Nan Og translates as "Land of Youth". In a very loose way it refers to the "other" world, or Faery. It could also be described as another dimension in modern language. But one thing I do know is that it does NOT mean Land of Og!!!!

So sorry, your whole premise is just fanciful summation lacking in any credible facts. In fact, Plato told us in plain language that Atlantis was located "Beyond the Pillars of Hercules" (ie. The Straights of Gibraltar). So why all you people continually look for it in other locations has me beat?? Take a look at the Azores, they were the mountain peaks of what was once Atlantis!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
fairies from the word faroe
pharies

I'll bet they (whomever it was...) inhabited a lot of coastal areas...
just what connections are more visible today?

what has been obscured or obfuscated?

looks like it was something once upon a time
why ruin the fun of speculation?
edit on 9-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
As fascinating as this story was, (and I really wanted to believe it was all possible) I think it's important to do a little fact checking. In a brief search I can not find any "reliable" source that describes any DNA test results as describing King Tut's DNA as being of European origin. If you google "King Tut DNA European" it looks like it's just another rumor being spread like wild fire across all the usual websites that are so famous for spreading such stories. Of course I would never say its 100% impossible that this story is indeed true. But I'd say with 99% certainty that it's probably not. That link to www.eutimes.net as your source... go ahead and explore that site. It's bogus I'm afraid. There might still be something to the ireland theory though. Here are some interesting stories to read over on the subject of recent Atlantis discoveries. Seems they are even considering Spain as a possible location.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

and

www.msnbc.msn.com...

and

news.bbc.co.uk...

Edited to add: Also, that image in the OP that maps the gentic halogroup R1b Y-DNA concentrations across Europe.. I don't believe it aids the argument of atlantean origins. If anything its origins came from the opposite direction from what this website below describes. Not real familiar with this stuff, but that's just what I got from a quick read. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

"Anatolian or Caucasian origins ?"
"The origins of R1b are not entirely clear to this day. Some of the oldest forms of R1b are found in the Near East and around the Caucasus. Haplogroup R1* and R2* might have originated in southern Central Asia (between the Caspian and the Hindu Kush). A branch of R1 would have developed into R1b* then R1b1* in the northern part of the Middle East during the Ice Age. It presumptively moved to northern Anatolia and across the Caucasus during the early Neolithic, where it became R1b1b. The Near Eastern leftovers evolved into R1b1a (M18), now found at low frequencies among the Lebanese and the Druze.The Phoenicians (who came from modern day Lebanon) spread this R1b1a and R1b1* to their colonies, notably Sardinia and the Maghreb."

Source: www.eupedia.com...

edit on 9-4-2011 by Oakx79 because: described in post

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Very well researcehd and well presented post.

I do, however, feel that it is littered with logical and scientific inconsistencies. From the very basic questions like "How does a land mass the size of the UK sink without causing massive disruption which would be detectable." to some very simple logical errors: They arrived in Ireland from the North becase the mountains were in the north of atlantis and they would have gone to the mountains....etc" Umm, in which case they would have been heading north. In order to arrive in Ireland FROM the north they would have to have been traveling SOUTH! Doh!

And a string of other errors and totally incorrect assumptions, too numerous for me to list here. Actually, that's not true, I just don't want to spend the time.

Just another, allbeit well presented, hunk of junk about atlantis. I wish you would use your tallent for research and presentation to look into something with a little more substance, it pains me to see such an obvoius intelligence waisted.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by noclearance
sounds like a really great theory but correct me if im wrong was atlantis described as lying in front of the pillars of hercules which i think is considered being the straight of gibraltar which would match up geographically i may be way off obviously youve reasearched this quite a bit just a question i had thank you for a great post

You see "Beyond" the pillars of Hercules and in front of the pillars of Hercules are quite different things.

According to Plato's account, the lost realm of Atlantis was situated beyond the Pillars of Hercules, in effect placing it in the realm of the Unknown. Renaissance tradition says the pillars bore the warning Nec plus ultra (also Non plus ultra, "nothing further beyond"), serving as a warning to sailors and navigators to go no further.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

You have it backwards. Genetic testing proves that the Irish have the markers of Egyptian DNA, not the other way around. The Egytians came from Sumeria.

What were you on when you came up with these ideas? Were you on the alchemy threads?

Oh I see, so the Celts got their red hair and white skin from the Egyptians, that clears up everything...thanks!

Cough, Cough...just one thing, why did it show the highest DNA match in Europe then, should it not have shown the highest among the Egyptians, or Africans?
edit on 9-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Well Atlantis is described as a fertile plain, if Greenland was covered in Ice then I think that rules it out.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join