It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile from Gaza hits Israeli school bus; 2 hurt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Missile from Gaza hits Israeli school bus; 2 hurt

JERUSALEM – An anti-tank missile fired from the Gaza Strip struck a school bus in southern Israel Thursday, wounding two people, one of them critically, and prompting fierce Israeli retaliation that killed five Palestinians.

Israel unleashed airstrikes and tank fire against Hamas targets across the border. It was the heaviest assault on the coastal territory since a broad military offensive two years ago. Besides the dead, more than 30 Palestinians were wounded, said Palestinian health official Adham Abu Salmiya.

He said one of the dead was a 50-year-old civilian who was sitting outside his home when he was struck by tank fire. Three others were militants killed near the southern Gaza town of Rafah. The fifth man was a Hamas policeman.

The sudden outbreak of violence illustrated the fragile situation along the Israel-Gaza border, where small bouts of fighting can quickly escalate into heavy-scale warfare.

After two years of relative calm, tensions have been rising between Israel and Palestinian militants in Gaza over the past few weeks. For Israel, Thursday's attack was the most serious of this period.

Click link for more info

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Your title is wrong and misleading. 32 were injured, 5 were killed. Biased hate mongering.

Edit: Biased hate mongering on the part of Yahoo apparently, not the OP.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This will never end, no matter how much moral high ground either side tries to claim, it wont end. It is going to take a thought process that is not associated with the creation of this mess at all, from both sides.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
Albert Einstein

Neither side will win through military actions. The only result will continue to be a blood bath on both sides, with innocent civilians on both sides stuck between 2 factions thinking their God is better than the other.

The people of Gaza and Israel need to retake their governments and end this, less it spirals out of control.

edit on 7-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Your title is wrong and misleading. 32 were injured, 5 were killed. Biased hate mongering.

Its not my title, nor is it misleading. Its the title fo the article.

If you have an updated article, feel free to link it and I will add it to the first post.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here is a link to another thread on this subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

6 fatalities, and 25 injured.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Its not my title, nor is it misleading. Its the title fo the article.

If you have an updated article, feel free to link it and I will add it to the first post.

you did forget to mention how many of these so callled rockets are in fact launched from israeli agent i order to give the palestine people the blame for it. Also give the israelis a reason to tak out a school or somthing like that! Israeli is behind all violence and thats the awakening folks

edit on 24-4-2011 by stavis because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2011 by stavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stavis

Apparently you seem to be under the impression I write these articles. I did not, nor will I speak as if I did. If you have information and a citable source for it, by all means bring it and post it for all to see.

Dont blame me for not posting certain information, when that info is not in the source I used.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

just showing the other side of "your storys" thats all. I am trying to understand the whole conflict.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by stavis

I think its close to impossible to understand the entire conflict since both sides lie when its convient for them.

In this particular case (and there are already 2 threads on it) Hamas took credit for the attack. Their own website details the fact the bus was intentionally targeted with a guided missile (although in fairness some have suggested that the English translation Hamas provided is not completely accurate).

Hamas Website

Al-Qassam Brigades' operations during the last Forty-Eight hours:

First: Targeting a bus was traveling between the Zionist military sites on the strip border, east of Gaza City, at around three o'clock on Thursday, 07.04.2011, ​​near the so-called "Kfar Saad," the bus was passing in the way of tanks and artillery.

Second: Al-Qassam Brigades within forty-eight hours pounded the Zionist military sites adjacent to the Gaza Strip with 68 rockets and mortars (28 rockets and 40 mortar shells).

If you want to debate / explore each side as we see it, I am game. If you are looking to debate the actual incident, respectfully I must decline. I have been involved in 2 threads on this topic that have gone over 40 pages each, and I dont think there is anything you or I could bring to the table that has not been debated to death (although anything is possible).

Is it criminal to target children? - Yes, on both sides
Is it criminal to target civilians? - Yes, on both sides

All wars are crimes...
edit on 24-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

reply to post by stavis

I think its close to impossible to understand the entire conflict since both sides lie when its convient for them.

In this particular case (and there are already 2 threads on it) Hamas took credit for the attack. Their own website details the fact the bus was intentionally targeted with a guided missile (although in fairness some have suggested that the English translation Hamas provided is not completely accurate).

Hamas Website

Al-Qassam Brigades' operations during the last Forty-Eight hours:

First: Targeting a bus was traveling between the Zionist military sites on the strip border, east of Gaza City, at around three o'clock on Thursday, 07.04.2011, ​​near the so-called "Kfar Saad," the bus was passing in the way of tanks and artillery.

Second: Al-Qassam Brigades within forty-eight hours pounded the Zionist military sites adjacent to the Gaza Strip with 68 rockets and mortars (28 rockets and 40 mortar shells).

If you want to debate / explore each side as we see it, I am game. If you are looking to debate the actual incident, respectfully I must decline. I have been involved in 2 threads on this topic that have gone over 40 pages each, and I dont think there is anything you or I could bring to the table that has not been debated to death (although anything is possible).

Is it criminal to target children? - Yes, on both sides
Is it criminal to target civilians? - Yes, on both sides

All wars are crimes...
edit on 24-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

You are so full of it-propaganda! first of all, please dont try to manipulate me with your rubbish ok. second, you say both sides! explaine this fact to me: what the hell are the khazars doing in israel in the first place? it is NOT their birth state and never will be. The proper people to rightfully can claim something that god created as their land is the people of palestine. Third, when the palestine people lived there before 1948 the lived in PECAE withe the REAL JEWS! The real jews CAN NOT OWN A STATE! IT IS AGAINST THEIR RELIGION! Have you seen ONE attack that actually WAS MADE BY HAMAS? A real muslim dont belive in violence! No religion tells the people to cover their faces and kill other humans in GODS NAME OK! please. You are one of many zionistic propaganda idiots who is trying to misslead the people from finding the trouth, you are an idiot! the truth can not be stopped, it can not be changed by ignorate zionistic propaganda.
The thing that you thought would be a great idea to "wake" people up he your "truth" so you can take this to your next level has BACKFIRD BIG TIME! YOU ARE FINNISHED! This is not about the couler of the skin or where you live or wich god you belive in. This is against evil! The khazar people has NOT the same DNA as the rest of the world. Can you please explaine that to me! If not am I willing to do so

Dont ever think that you and your propaganda is gonna work one moore time! Get the hell out of palestine and crawl back from under the stone you came from! We dont want you in israel or anywhere else!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stavis
Dont ever think that you and your propaganda is gonna work one moore time! Get the hell out of palestine and crawl back from under the stone you came from! We dont want you in israel or anywhere else!

There is no Palestine.. Find someone who can read and have them explain that to you.. When the "Palestinianian people lived there, they were considered subjects of the Ottoman empire for about 400 years. After it broke apart following WWI, they were a part of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, again noting there was no Palestine.

And why arent you crying to have Egypt, Syria Jordan and Lebanon to leave their occupied lands that is supposedly Palestinian?

Maybe of you guys tried reading books instead of burning them, you might know this. Maybe if you guys spent more time building a damn medical cener and less time denouncing the great satan and killing innocent israeli children, it might be different. Maybe if the arab governments signed off on the creation of Israel, which included a seprate independant palestinian state, you wouldnt be in this mess. Maybe if the arab countries didnt attempt to invade Israeli to wipe them off the map, they would not have loist the territory in question.

If you dont have the nads to finish the job, then maybe you should stay home.

Either or at the rate Hamas is killing themsleves and innocent palestinians by using schools and hospitals to shoot at israeli civilians from, it wont be to long before the populaation thins itself out enough to weed out the tools who are more inteested in some make beleive religious claim, and allow the intelligent educated palestinians the ability to negotiate and live in peace.

As far as your propognda goes, this tpoic hase been debated un 2 threads now, and includes people considerably more educated than you on this topic. I refer you to those threads for your answers - and again find someone who can read and take them wiht you when you go.

edit on 30-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stavis

There is no Palestine.. Find someone who can read and have them explain that to you.. When the "Palestinianian people lived there, they were considered subjects of the Ottoman empire for about 400 years. After it broke apart following WWI, they were a part of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, again noting there was no Palestine.

By this logic, only two nations exist; China and Egypt. Possibly Iraq. Nobody else has the roots necessary to meet these sort of standards.

And why arent you crying to have Egypt, Syria Jordan and Lebanon to leave their occupied lands that is supposedly Palestinian?

Because none of them are occupying anywhere that was labeled "Palestine" on the maps. Syria certainly isn't. Who's your cartographer? Are you just rattling off nations that your flash cards tell you are "the bad guys"?

Maybe of you guys tried reading books instead of burning them, you might know this.

I do read books. That's how I know the post I'm responding to is written by someone who has no clue what they're talking about.

Maybe if you guys spent more time building a damn medical cener and less time denouncing the great satan

Maybe you haven't noticed, but money doesn't grow on trees. Buildingscost money. Specialized buildings cost more money. Specialized buildings full of highly-trained professionals and expensive equipment are even more expensive than that. Here in the US, richest country in the world, building a hospital is a pretty big deal; I can't imagine trying to pull it off in Gaza (frankly I imagine out client state isn't cranking 'em out, either)

Maybe if the great satan could spare some money for medical centers instead of spending it all on bombs that it then gives to Israel free of charge, there'd be a little less spite.

and killing innocent israeli children, it might be different.

All children are innocent. It'd be nice if Israelis stopped thinking only their own litters were sacrosanct.

Maybe if the arab governments signed off on the creation of Israel, which included a seprate independant palestinian state, you wouldnt be in this mess.

Unlikely. Maybe you should read a book on the subject? I understand there are a few that have been published in hte last sixty-odd years. Maybe your library could order one for you.

Maybe if the arab countries didnt attempt to invade Israeli to wipe them off the map, they would not have loist the territory in question.

I see your flash cards have given you the "wipe off the map" phrase.

Once you get that book from the library, maybe you'll find the situation is a little more complex than you think. Regardless, you should note that by the time the 1948 war rolled around, the acquisition of territory through warfare had been a war crime for about two years. Remember Hitler? Short Austrian dude, funny moustache, bad combover, upset that his mother never bought him the E-Z bake oven he always wanted? Yeah. See, in 1939 he invaded and annexed Poland. This was kind of a big deal, and it pertains to Israel's interest at times. Now, once this dude was dead, the rest of the world got together and thought, "hey, maybe we should preent that from happenign again!"

Lo and behold, the fourth Geneva conventions were born. And despite what your flash cards might tell you, Israel is not a sole exception to these international laws of warfare.

If you dont have the nads to finish the job, then maybe you should stay home.

Well, considering Israel is completely incapable of winning a fight if a real country doesn't hold its hand for the duration, this is a silly statement to make. They've gotten their butts kicked by Hezbollah, Hamas, and a boatload of inebrated Turks. C'mon.

Either or at the rate Hamas is killing themsleves and innocent palestinians by using schools and hospitals to shoot at israeli civilians from,

Just 'cause Israel likes bombing schools and hospitals doesn't actually mean they have good reason to. This is sort of like Hamas' claims that its targets are legitimate because of munitions factories and troop placements. if firing rockets into Sderot because of all the tanks and troops firing into Gaza from the city is bad, then surely it's bad when Israel does the same thing.

it wont be to long before the populaation thins itself out enough to weed out the tools who are more inteested in some make beleive religious claim, and allow the intelligent educated palestinians the ability to negotiate and live in peace.

This argument also goes both ways. In fact it goes stronger for Israel, since their entire "thing" is based on a silly fanfiction novel written by Palestinians a few thousand years ago, and it's consistently been the Israelis creating barriers to negotiations.

As far as your propognda goes, this tpoic hase been debated un 2 threads now, and includes people considerably more educated than you on this topic. I refer you to those threads for your answers - and again find someone who can read and take them wiht you when you go.

Might I suggest bringing along someone who can spell whenever you go somewhere?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Sorry you spent all that time replying to my post. It was phrased that way, and contained that info, as an example to the person I was repsonding to, demonstrating how claims with no supporting info, phrased in the manner the poster did, serves no purpose, and is not effective for debating a topic with more than one view.

I linked him the other thread that is now over 70 pages long that deals with his issues in depth, with supporting documentation and links, as well as counter theories.

But hey, thanks for your opinion

as a side note Israel did just fine on their own when they were attacked 6 differnt times, which by the way is why they had Gaza, the west bank and the golan heights, not to mention the Sainai at one point.

And the surrounding arab countries do occupy land claimed as part of "Palestine".

Ive already flagged this thread for lock / dletion.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Move bickering here -

Existing ATS thread

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread686067/pg1#pid11209063]post by
as a side note Israel did just fine on their own when they were attacked 6 differnt times, which by the way is why they had Gaza, the west bank and the golan heights, not to mention the Sainai at one point.

You really need to put the flash cards away and pick up an actual book. Israel has never actually been "on its own." It's also been the aggressor in most of the wars it's been in; even the 1948 one could be counted that way, seeing as how it started as an intervention by the Arab states to halt Israel's pogrom against the Arabs living in "Jewish Territory."

And the surrounding arab countries do occupy land claimed as part of "Palestine".

No, point of fact they don't. Gaza was administered by Egypt for a time, and the west bank nearly annexed by Jordan in the 60's, but that's as close as you get. The only state doing any occupation is Israel.

Ive already flagged this thread for lock / dletion.

Hopefully you take your own advice about reading those books.
edit on 30/4/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
meh not worth it

Please move conv to the thread linked above.

new topics

top topics

join