It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 inquest: Pc accused of telling lies about death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

G20 inquest: Pc accused of telling lies about death

www.bbc.co.uk

The police officer who pushed Ian Tomlinson at the G20 protests in London has been accused of making up "rubbish" and telling lies.

The Tomlinsons' lawyer said Pc Simon Harwood was denying events clearly visible on video shown to the jury.

Pc Harwood told the inquest into the 47-year-old's death Mr Tomlinson had not been moving away from the police line with his back turned towards him.

In his statement, he said Mr Tomlinson was "almost inviting" confrontation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was sickened in 2009 at this event, the murder of newspaper seller Mr Tomlinson at the London G20, while he was walking away from the police lines. Simon Harwood, the officer involved, is denying the very evidence presented on video, as widely shown in the news around the time of the incident, in which he brutally attacks Tomlinson from behind, with excessive force, as Tomlinson attempts to walk away.

Harwood will not be facing criminal charges for this murder!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-4-2011 by rufusthestuntbum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think the officer in question is a poor excuse for a human being!!
If he had any respect, honour, or decency he would admit his guilt to the deceased family instead of trying to cover up his actions on that day.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Pc Harwood, who is suspended from the force on full pay, has been told he will not face any criminal prosecutions over what happened - but he is still facing a Met Police misconduct hearing, due to take place after this inquest.

]
Disgrace , absolutely disgusting, gang of thugs themselves.
If anybody else had done that to somebody on film they would be charged with murder/manslaughter and would be in jail right now over this attack.

Which is exactly what it was a attack.

I heard on BBC news TV that the officer involved Pc ( piece of crap ) Harwood apologized and said sorry,
which as far as i am aware is the only way to bring innocent people back from the grave after you murder them
( sarcasm obviously )

So for now he keeps his job, but is " suspended on full pay". So he is still being paid by tax payers money, this country is a joke.

Those who make the rules and laws do not have to face the full justice of the system.

I cannot without being vulgar and excessively rude get across how angry stories and situations like this make me feel.

Seriously .

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I thought it was a personal computer that told lies about death.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is a video obtained by the Guardian in 2009 of this incident.

Disgusting. "...In a statement after his death, police had initially said that protesters impeded medics needed to treat Tomlinson..." ...They didn't even help him up. He was walking away from the officers, no force at all was needed in this case.

This is so typical when it comes to anyone even trying to question the police, events such as Hillsborough come to mind when this type of BS occurs.

And it's not just in the UK...

Related story, albeit not as severe, from the Toronto 2010 G20

www.thestar.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

No, you would be thinking of the TV there.
Plenty of disinfo on there...

new topics

top topics

join