It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois has some real problems, Where is Obama from again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
1. George Ryan- Governor right before Rod Blagojevich, He is in jail.......
2. Rod Blagojevich- Ex govenor impeached from office, Going to Jail.....
3. Tim Davlin- Ex Mayor of Springfield, State capitol. Killed Himself in December.....
4. Obama???? Where does he fit in on this list, he is from Illinois also.

I am very confused on how Illinois is not known as the worst state in the Union right now.....The State has a 13 Billion dollar deficit. Illinois population is right under 13 Million.....

California which is much, much bigger by population has a 25 billion dollar deficit. California population is around 37 million.....

Illinois is by far the worst state in the union. Not to mention this is Obama's back yard. What the worst part of the whole thing is, we probably will re-elect him if nobody credible runs against him.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Obama's not from Illinois and
Hillary is/was not from New York
( i'm sure there are more examples...)
They are more like corrupt "farm teams" that gestate national level politicians.
I wouldn't live in either state.
edit on 6-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Many people disagree with what I perceive is central to your observation. Even more so because it is not specifically about any particular politician.

There is only one political party. It is separated as to provide the maximum number of total 'little citizen' participation. The actions are segregated into categories which the party itself identifies as one-sided or other-sided for the sake of maintaining the appearance of 'struggle' which encourages the disenfranchised, and comforts the well-off. It is the illusion of the 'differences' that makes it possible to both support and attack the same issue at the same time, corralling up the partisan in theater, and negating the potential for unwelcome innovation from the outside.

The components of the party are separated and farmed out as the party sees fit. Members of the ruling party can, and do, change "blue team/red team" uniforms to suit their needs, or those of the party. Everything is always forgiven, all things are scripted and the political theater is a Madison Avenue/Hollywood production. Political celebrities are recycled and employed within the main stream media, consultants are paid fees to appear to support or attack positions, editorial policy is controlled in the press to ensure the focus of the people is manageable.

Here's the kicker....

Those within the party cannot and do not trust each other. Within the construct there is a desire to be 'in charge' and this time around the power base at Illinois won. Hence the troubles in Illinois. There appear to be a number of power bases seeking control ... from the east, the north, the south and the west.... but the political game is simply a method to engender useful distraction and well-meaning, but pointless debate.

The agenda and the goals and actions of either of the 'teams' (red or blue) are the same... and quite frankly, have very little to do with 'the will of the people.'

But cheer up!

As has happened in history over and over, all those seeking empire have destroyed their chances by their own actions.... I dare say it will happen again....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Owebowmer is not from Illinois. He is from Kenya and spent much of his life in Indonesia. I agree with everything else you wrote.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Puzzled why a politician who has committed suicide equals a "bad" state.(?) A suicide does not mean anything but a person who killed themselves, not a way to place blame.

Lived near Illinois all my 50 years. Like every other state, it has its ups and downs.

Please remember, Chicago is the President's old stomping grounds NOT the rest of the state. Southern Illinois is lovely, with amazing history (Lincoln/Douglas debate in Alton, IL for example).

I suggest you look at the dirty politics and you will find Chicago. However, I adore Chicago and travel there often. It is iconic.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Obama's not from Illinois and
Hillary is/was not from New York
( i'm sure there are more examples...)
They are more like corrupt "farm teams" that gestate national level politicians.
I wouldn't live in either state.
edit on 6-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)
'

OBAMA wasnt from Illinois.......Im sorry you are not informed......OBAMAS whol political career was from illinois......

Sorry i didnt say hawaii, i figured most of ATS would understand (I was wrong)

you probably think kenya anyway.....time to do some research (thats wht you need to do)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by katfish
Puzzled why a politician who has committed suicide equals a "bad" state.(?) A suicide does not mean anything but a person who killed themselves, not a way to place blame.

Killing yourself while your still in office is questionable.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm not sure I understand the question. What's the worst state? There are many ways to measure that, since depending upon the criteria (literacy rates, poverty levels, number of citizens with college degrees, unemployment, etc etc) you'll get a different answer.

Using your assumed preferred criterion, let's use a projection for 2012 for fiscal year revenue gaps. Illinois is projected to be at 4.9 billion, which is 14.6% of revenue. California at 25.4 billion is 29.3%, or twice as "bad".

Remember who ran against Obama for senator? Alan Keyes, who had virtually no claim to Illinois citizenship prior to being "drafted" by the party 84 days before the election, to fill a slot vacated by Jack Ryan and his sex scandal issues.

Politics, baby. It's a cesspool of unchecked greed, hubris, and stupidity. Nothing unique to Illinois, or any particular party.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

You used the Projected budget for 2012.....we all know that will change,......way to take numbers and twist them to not make it seem to bad

from a moderator I would expect better

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That makes absolutely no sense. Why use current numbers if you know they'll change? It's not static, things change. Where did your data come from? I see no source.

From a thread starter, I expect better.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Is this a thread directly threatening the life of POTUS?

Watch it buddy where you and how you tread.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
He was what we called a F.I.B. while growing up...

A F'n Illinois Bastard.

(People from Wisconsin didn't like FIBs...)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I love how you suspend logic to use the state of Illinois to bash Obama.

Creative.

Perhaps Faux Noise should hire you and give you a chalkboard.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Questionable about what? No proof of anything. No just Illinois, either. In Asian countries, suicides are sometimes done to save face. There are plenty of problems with Illinois, no need to drag suicides into it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by katfish

when a mayor kills himself in office.....its a big deal

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Pretty sure it's common knowledge that "Chicago" politics is as openly corrupt as it gets. Dead people agree and often vote!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don't know that I would call it the worst state in the union. Heck, Naperville (a town in Illinois) has been voted the best place to live in the country multiple times.

top topics

join