It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you go back in time to see?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
If you could go back and see 1 artist, or band you never saw. One that either isn't alive or still playing together, who would it be?

I've seen the Stones. I've seen the Eagles. I saw Van Halen with both Dave and Sammy. I've hung out with a few rockers from today. I even had the unfortunate circumstance to be at the death of a major Southern rock star. So if i had the opportunity to go back in time and see a band in their heyday, who would I pick? It would be too cliche for me to say something like Zeppelin. Or even Pink Floyd.

So who would I see? It isn't as hard as it sounds. Not for me. Very simple. Randy Rhodes. Plain and simple.

For a band? That's a little more complicated. But it's still...with little question...The Band.
Levon Helm, Garth Hudson, Rick Danko , Richard Manuel and Robbie Robertson.
THE Band.

So who would you guys go back and see?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I'd love to go back and see Ian Curtis and Joy Division in a seedy Manchester pub.
or Robert Johnson in some backwoods Mississippi haunt.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix I ran away from home one time when I was 15 so I could hang out on Haight & Ashbury and be close to the Fillmore and hopefully get an autograph..it didn't go well

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Probably Jim Morrison.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Defenitely Men at Work

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Ronnie Spector performing with the Ramones.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Queen at Live Aid, Wembley Stadium.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
UK. The year is 1967. A small place known as the 'UFO Club.' Clean hallucinogens. House lights go out. A thin layer of smoke lightly covers the stage. The psychedelic stage lights are turned on. A small local band know as 'Pink Floyd' is on the stage.

Scarecrow, Interstellar Overdrive, See Emily Play, Astronomy Domine, Careful with that axe, Eugene, Arnold Layne..........

not cliche.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
NIck Drake. Here. Singer/Songwriter from the UK. Died in 1974. IMO ther best singer/songwriter ever. Yes I said ever. Better than Bob, John, Neil., Joni. all of them hands down. This video has three songs off of his last studio album Pink Moon, they are "Road", ""Place to be" and "Which Will". Would've added a live video but no video of him performing were ever made which is a tragic shame in my eyes.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 6/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Janis Joplin
Rory Gallagher
Iron Maiden with Paul Dianno
Led Zeppelin
Doors
Elvis

and a Rat Pack Las Vegas show.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
In my opinion, nobody (not even the great Jimi Hendrix), graced the stage with his soul the way Stevie Ray Vaughan did - laying out his stuff with his trusty "ax" (guitar) named "Larry".

For all you young'uns, here's a sample:

,,,and for those of you who know that nobody can eat just one...here's the 2nd bite:

edit on 6-4-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: grrrrr

edit on 6-4-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: grrrrr

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I had to admit rare musical ignorance on Nick Drake. Thanks for that Trowa.. definitely something I will have to check out more.

I missed a concert of SRV just a couple weeks before his death. One more i wish I had made. One of those where you say....meh...I'll just catch it next time....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Queen, definitely. I love Freddie Mercury!! Sadly, I got into Queen when Wayne's World recognized "Bohemian Rhapsody" and by then it was way too late to see them!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
i would love to go to woodstock. who wouldnt love to roll in mud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cajunPita

i kicked myself for not saying the same thing.
queen, live aid, 1985.
seeing that would have been amazing.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Elvis Presley of course, Duhhh!!!

top topics

join