It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Films UFO While Driving In Suffolk VA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
For those that have not figured it out already...The man was not driving on Suffolk Road in Virginia. He was driving on Carolina Road near Suffolk. I am going to see how close the airport might have been if I am able. I understand that it is probably a plane but I doubt it was a C5 Galaxy. I hope I did not just buy myself several hours trying to figure that out. Anyway...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Dude, I admire your gumption, but don't waste your time. Getting out there and doing real investigation is admirable, but if your not a little more selective in your battles you will end up with a lot of wasted time. You will know when you have something worth looking into, no need to ask what it will be, you will know.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

No I don't think it was a C5 either. They are rather loud!

I put that photo up merely to illustrate how bright an approaching aircraft can be with landing lights on.

Looks more a Bonanza or King air. But I will have to dig up some similar landing light configurations.

The Aircraft in the vid looks to be coming down thru the cloud deck. Hence the halo haze effect of a bright light thru a fog. That is exactly what is seen in the vid.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

That was really kind of you. Thanks. To be honest I just got a wild hair and went for it. You're probably right, though. I should just step away from the Youtube. Thank you though.

edit on 6-4-2011 by Frater210 because: punct.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I should just step away from the Youtube

That right there gets an instant star from me!

Good to meet you and have a nice day!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Here is what I found on the Map...

a. Is the local Municipal Airport and; b. Is something called Umphlett Airport.

This is Umphlett Airport and I don't know what they are doing there but I don't think it is very high-tech (or military).

Carolina Road has red cursor

edit on 6-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Details

edit on 6-4-2011 by Frater210 because: stuff

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It'd be nice to see the original without the pointless added "production value" that's so damn popular these days. The ridiculous intro, cheesy music and distracting pause and zoom do absolutely nothing to increase credibility.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

I have to agree with you. I wish this stuff were coming directly in to ATS but, of course, they are not so we have to go out and get them and drag them in here where they can die a spectacular death.

Please...How did you do that to your Avatar?
edit on 6-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Please?

I tried to smoosh it...
edit on 6-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Confessio.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Looks to me like glare on the windshield. Perhaps from something in the car, or from one of those oncoming cars that produced similar looking glare artifacts towards the end of the video. Was hoping to see something more dramatic, but as usual...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Yes, I think that your (a) is the destination airport for this aircraft.
It is an airport with 2 active runways.
it's FAA designator is KSFQ and is described below:
www.airnav.com...

From city: 3 miles SW of SUFFOLK, VA
Fuel available: 100LL JET-A MOGAS
Parking: tiedowns
Airframe service: MAJOR
Powerplant service: MAJOR
Runway 4/22
Dimensions: 5009 x 100 ft. / 1527 x 30 m
Surface: asphalt, in good condition
Weight bearing capacity: Single wheel: 30.0
Double wheel: 60.0
Double tandem: 60.0
Visual slope indicator: 4-light PAPI on left (3.00 degrees glide path)

Runway 7/25
Dimensions: 4706 x 100 ft. / 1434 x 30 m
Surface: asphalt, in fair condition
Weight bearing capacity: Single wheel: 30.0
Double wheel: 50.0
Double tandem: 85.0

Yes Carolina Rd. is just to the west of the runways. I suspect that the cameraman was heading north. The aircraft (UFO) was on final to runway 25.

Just an educated guess!

Oh, and they are having a nice fly-in at the end of the month. In case anyone in VA wants to learn more about aviation. Probably will have good food too! Take your kids up for a ride!

Zep

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
My initial reaction is that its a reflection of something in the car, just towards the end of the film it moves in tandem with the camera which is wrong, like it was being moved.

My other reaction was that its a produced video with a silly soundtrack and intro, those I refuse to take seriously, Shannon Kelly comes to mind as being one I just ignore, all production, zero content.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Sure, in the video it’s a UFO as we can’t make out a damn thing due to the poor quality.

In reality, it’s either a commercial or military aircraft.

Its flight path is not unusual, its lights are not unusual & nothing about this video is unusual in the slightest.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by dethduck

I have to agree with you. I wish this stuff were coming directly in to ATS but,...
it's not even so much about where the video is posted as it is about what they do to it. I'll never understand why people feel like they have to "spice up" a UFO report rather than just present the raw data and let that stand on its own merit.

Please...How did you do that to your Avatar?
edit on 6-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Please?

I tried to smoosh it...
edit on 6-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Confessio.
Heh, then it has served its purpose. Honestly, I can't remember for the life of me where I found it, some website or image board most likely. First time I saw it I went nuts thinking there was a bug on my screen. But, yeah. It's just an animated gif with a transparent background.
edit on 4/6/2011 by dethduck because: Forgot to finish a thought.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Soooo tired of seeing the Alien Disclosure Group intro. Enough, already.

If the group wants their efforts to be taken seriously, they should start by trashing that ridiculous intro.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
I can't wait until the day that the community sheds the large amount of ignorance that compels people to post such rubbish on here. Or maybe there should be a forum named "look what I found on youtube, a shaky out of focus, uncorroborated and meaningless video that I want to believe is an alien ufo"

There is nothing to be concluded from this blurry and shaky video. If it is not a reflection, then it is very likely a plane or helicopter.

The only real problem with videos like this and those that are compelled to post them (as if to shout "first!") is that people seem to immediately skip over the millions of reasonable explanations in favor of the least likely conclusion just because that one is more exciting for them.

And seriously, trolling youtube to find the answers to aliens and ufos is the work of a newbie poster, so that can be forgiven. But if you have been around a while and are still trolling youtube looking for little green men then the words "deny ignorance" obviously mean nothing to you.

Codex Debunkus Maximus

Guy just started this thread a few days ago. It is something I wish all who want to post UFO threads should have look over. These guys have basically posted a photo or video type from just about every type of proven hoax or mistaken identity... Quite a good collection.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

I've had the same experience with the Goodyear blimp. We were coming home from a road trip and we were coming up a hill and all we could see in the sky was a massive illuminated object. I was 13 at the time and I about had a heart attack. But when we reached the top of the hill it was obvious that it was nothing but a blimp.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

There is nothing to be concluded from this blurry and shaky video. If it is not a reflection, then it is very likely a plane or helicopter.

The only real problem with videos like this and those that are compelled to post them (as if to shout "first!") is that people seem to immediately skip over the millions of reasonable explanations in favor of the least likely conclusion just because that one is more exciting for them.

Yes, exactly! I really want to believe in ETs, but I am so sick and tired of people posting videos of blurry lights and then complaining that others can be skeptical of such "obvious" evidence. It seems that most people out there are split into the extreme of either dismissing it all as nonsense or lovingly embracing every craptacular fuzzy video and photo as the real deal. Neither extreme is healthy, we should rather be open-minded but skeptical (as many of the good people of ATS are
)

As a side note, I fly electric R/C planes and have several that are equipped for night-flying. This is actually becoming quite popular and some pretty outrageous LED and glow wire lighting setups are being used. Many of these planes (mine included) are highly aerobatic and can do manuevers such as flat spins, loops, rolls, knife edge, tumbles, etc. Needless to say they look very much like otherwordly creations when seen in the midst of these moves at night. Being electric they also make little or no sound. I suspect these planes have been responsible for many sightings. Some people intentionally try to make their planes look like UFOs and fly them over populated areas to see if they can generate sighting reports, but most (like me) just do it for fun and intend no harm, although I suspect we cause a lot of reports even though it's not our intent (you can't really control who sees you fly and the planes are so bright they can be seen for pretty good distances).
edit on 6-4-2011 by SavedOne because: typo

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I thank all these people who record these things. I really do.

They've turned what was once for me a fascination into an aberration. I can no longer continue to watch these things as it makes me so god damned angry.

He's driving and recording just for fun I guess.. And happens to catch a UFO but since he's all setup to record in the first place, he turns it off. Got it. Groovy plan, Brendan.

Great. Thanks a lot you bunch of hoaxing tossers...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Nice sighting. Certainly doesnt look like a plane or lantern. But why does everybody that gets lucky enough to see a UFO and record it always stop recording! Get out the car and continue man!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join