It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Voting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
an intense fact filled Rant of dissatisfaction truth -
a foul word or two is said, but defenately nothing
out of the normal coarse of conversation with a
sailor. as far as the content - this guy floats over
many subjects all surrounding the state of existance
in modern - weird world of affairs. slavery - state owned property.
are the main jests of his rant.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

Honestly, this guy nailed it for me.

I bet if one state or county for that matter didn't vote, I wonder what it would show statistically? Maybe that nobody voted? Maybe, but I'd be willing to bet it would show that people voted, even knowing they didn't . Wouldn't that be a great experiment...

st. n fl. A entertaining rant, that I didn't mind listening to at all.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Interesting take on voting. I have often thought that even if your vote counts or not, if you don't participate you really cannot complain after the fact. I believe it was my favorite President that said,

"Great leaders are accountable for their words and even more accountable for their silence." Abraham Lincoln.

I take this quote to mean that you cannot sit quietly and do nothing and count no action as your response. I compare that to the members in Congress voting present instead of yea or nay. Our leaders unfortunately have not led by example, and choose to vote present or refuse to vote and then wait till the next election comes around just to vote the opposite. There is also another way to look at the voting issue.

"Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting."
Franklin D. Roosevelt

new topics

join