It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decapitated bald eagle found in Louisiana ditch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

(CNN) -- A brutal, fatal case of suspected cruelty to animals is under investigation in Louisiana, the state's wildlife department said in a press release Tuesday.

The animal cruelty doesn't involve the typical household pet. This time, the United States' national bird was victimized.

Agents from the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries found a beheaded bald eagle Sunday in a drainage ditch in Franklin Parish, in the northeastern part of the state, according to the release

"To see any protected animal decapitated in a ditch is disheartening enough, let alone the animal that represents our symbol of freedom," said Capt. Alan Bankston of the wildlife department.

Bald eagles are protected by the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act and the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. Anyone who is convicted of violating those acts could be fined $5,000 and jailed for up to 18 months for each count, the state wildlife department said.

edition.cnn.com... ed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+%28RSS%3A+Most+Recent%29#

This made me so sad when I read it

This was a deliberately senseless and moronic act. It puzzles me as to what sort of a person goes out with the intent to do something like this. It's just wanton cruelty.

I really hope that the mother of whoever did this, is very proud of her offspring.

What makes someone do something like this? I don't understand. Anyone?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
According to Freud ............. it was in fact their Mother.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Idiocy. Id love to see the mugshot if they are ever apprehended.

I hope he or she or them is/are prosecuted.

www.fws.gov...
www.fws.gov...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Could be a statement about America's future?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Probably ignorance.

Or it was meant deliberately as a political statement.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sad but it reminded me of a joke...

A man was caught eating an eagle he poached. At court he begged the judge for leniency because he was starving and the judge decided to cut the guy a break. As he was leaving court the judge asked him, out of curiosity, what did the eagle taste like? The poacher replied, "like a cross between a condor and a spotted owl!"

Whacka Whacka Whacka! Badump -Bump!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
"...let alone the animal that represents our symbol of freedom."

What freedom?

I'd say it was a rather poetic act...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wow, very bad.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A single mature bald eagle tail feather will fetch $300.00 to $400.00 at many native pow wows . Totally illegal , yes and not all natives but it gets done . No idea if this is the case here . Most feathers seen at pow wows are from other non-protected bird species colored to look like eagle feathers because the real ones are very expensive .

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
Sad but it reminded me of a joke...

A man was caught eating an eagle he poached. At court he begged the judge for leniency because he was starving and the judge decided to cut the guy a break. As he was leaving court the judge asked him, out of curiosity, what did the eagle taste like? The poacher replied, "like a cross between a condor and a spotted owl!"

Whacka Whacka Whacka! Badump -Bump!

LMAO!!!!

You do realize Im stealing this joke, right?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Originally posted by doobydoll

Probably ignorance.

Or it was meant deliberately as a political statement.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse IMO
Nor is it in any court in our land. Its a federal offense and even my 5 yr old saw on TV that the eagle is protected as an endangered migratory bird.

Only an idiot would make a political statement like that with that bird. Go fart in the general direction of a politician, Id be much more impressed.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Won't be long til the MSM finds out which book was burned.

One more day of ignorance - Check

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
...You do realize Im stealing this joke, right?

Feel free of course! Can I trade it for your signature?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

Originally posted by Advantage
...You do realize Im stealing this joke, right?

Feel free of course! Can I trade it for your signature?

LMAO!! Have at it and use it at will.. its so true you have no idea.. !

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It must be those damn terrorist!!! I knew they were going to attack it was only a matter of time before they attacked us here at home. Good thing you have to go through all those terrorist background and multiple id checks and passports and a few extra things like mail with your name and address on them just to get a fishing liscence.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Now where does it say anyone actually killed the bald eagle? How do we know it didnt die while perched in a tree then fell in the ditch and subsequently have its head eaten of by a opossum? I would never kill a bird of prey but I would salvage more than a head if found.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CapnSlappy
Could be a statement about America's future?

That was my first thought when i read the title, reminds me of a prophecy i once heard, pretty sure it was Nostradamus but i could be wrong. Wonder how much attention this story will get?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If this was a political statement, as some have suggested, then I'm truly saddened by the state of politics today. People seem to be itching for violent acts and these would just be par for the course.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantazero

It dosen't but people need to circle jerk over something

The agents believe the bird had been dead for a couple of days before it was found. Wildlife and Fisheries spokesman Adam Einck said the eagle was found in a very remote location, and agents are unsure if the bird was killed there, or slain somewhere else and dumped there.

Agents are trying to schedule a necropsy to determine how the eagle died, Einck said.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
If someone was trying to make a statement then I doubt itd be found on the side of the road.

It was probably found dead by whoever did it. There aren't eagles flying around everywhere and id imagine unless you shot it, it'd be difficult to capture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join