It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution from the animal to the intelligent to the ascended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I would like to frame an idea of spiritual evolution, I know that the word evolution appearing in a thread title will draw those who are learning about the physical processes of evolution, however, this thread is intended to be a means of identifying our conscious evolution from that of basic protoplasmic life forms, apart of the primordial consciousness, a realm of chaos and mystery, to beings with physical form, and to beings who have transcended physical form, returning to their primordial home to be creators of form themselves.

STAGE 1) Primordial Imagination - this can be seen as a swirling mass of chaos, of infinite possible directions, of unstructured reality.
STAGE 2) Development of physical form - as matter forms, as the chaos solidifies into structure, we have the basis of physical forms, and eventually, self-animate physical forms - i.e. animals. Thier consciousness is still connected to the original chaos, connected to the realms of the imagination. I would suspect that animals do not see like we see, but rather are actually in a kind of spirit world themselves, learning about themselves, acquiring form through the long and gradual process of evolution, as thier collective consciousness combined with the consciousness forming in the universe, creates matter, and creates their forms and structure.
STAGE 3) Development of imagination - This would be the next crucial stage, where animals eventually start to lose thier connection to the spiritual world, and eventually start to become "self contained" within thier bodies, eventually giving way to reincarnation, as opposed to a kind of collective mind with multiple physical representations, each entity is able to have thier own "mind" and thier own "imagination" where they can create thier own ideas within thier own beings, as separate from the other beings. This individualisation would allow a much greater level of creativity, however, will create a larger degree of separation amongst individuals. They would still have a connection to their collective, however.
STAGE 4) Self contained imagination - Developing minds of thier own, animals would progress to the intelligent beings that we see today, they would be able to essentially self-contain their essence within thier own beings, they would be able to create thier own realities within thier own individual minds, they could form a complete "self" as they become totally independent from the whole, being their own agents, however, still being able to connect upon the evolutionary lines that had once bound them as a collective consciousness.
STAGE 5) Self contained consciousness - Such a being would have "returned" to the primordial chaos, an individual being, able to create their own planets, able to have a hand in the creation of new forms and structures. Thus, the species of this planet were most likely created or guided by other oversouls or beings, essentially beings that were re-creating thier own consciousness into the world of form, starting the cycle of creation again so that the universe can consistently draw its energy from the chaos, to create structure out of pure infinity.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Great theory. I have been contemplating this for awhile and this is pretty close to my current beliefs, though my exploration into spiritual evolution is still in its infancy.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Im not bashing your theory, but I do have a comment. Your theory requires that there be "individual" consciousnesses evolving.

That means two things, duality would have to be "fact" and so would time.

Many of the mystics, or those who have had an enlightenment experience, or satori, actually report something different. They report that "non duality" is, and many of them also seem to argue for a still non moving, unchanging "absolute" reality.

How do you reconcile your theory with the "traditional" mystic view? Or is it an adaptation of some of the reincarnation theories of "souls" prior to them finding enlightenment?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Basically, if we are all cogs in a big machine, we can shape ourselves, we can alter our function and our dynamics, we can operate as an individual cog, however, we must always be in harmony with the entire machine. If we become our own machine, then we can exist as separate, balanced within ourselves, however, we can always integrate ourselves within the whole. Duality would occur as a result of an imbalance in the equilibrium of forces. In terms of an individualised consciousness, basically, if you imagine the universe as a bubble, then we start out as being apart of that bubble, and when we gain immortality as a soul, we become our own "bubble", that is, we can create a universe within ourselves.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is similar to the density conception introduced by the law of one, in which the densities follow in a sequential order and through this order lies the level of awareness. The densities starts at 1 and end at 8; 1st density being inanimate objects (rocks, wind, fire, and water) and possess a faint level of consciousness, whilst 8 being omniscient stage or being all as the infinite creator. It's quite an interesting concept in spirituality, which doesn't ignore other life forms evolution as religion arduously does.

As of now we're considered 3rd density entities, which has the ability to be self aware and are capable of intelligence.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just to be clear...

This theory would support that idea that there is true separation and that we are not all a 'oneness'?

I think the Universal design and blueprint shows us a oneness. That all things work together because they are 'of eachother'.

In humans most humble nature, they tend to live more for others then themselves. They seem to have a natural draw towards finding and creating harmony in life and of life.

Literally, we are made of star dust. I see 'existence' as a infinite perpetual motion and that existence of the Universe is more of something that is needed and not 'wished or imagined' into creation. As ONE great infinite Spirit....is constantly 'being' so its constantly in the need to 'express'.....it needs to always be in 'self renewal'. Through 'life' filters (like us, like nature, like planets, like stars, like blackholes) help keep 'to and fro' in being of expression and all things are like nerve centers to the Spirit, sending messages constantly. Through the Spirits expressions (emanations) it not only knows itself but also, filters itself into a more valid expression of itself. Its nature, eventually, comes through more prime and clear onto the canvas of its expression. Hence, the concious beings that are of its expressions, actually have the chance to discover the true humble loving harmonica nature of the Spirit, their true self.

I dont think that we are truly separate at all. I think the main illusion of 'life' is that life is all individual/seperate. On the large canvas, we are all along with nature, one great picture, filter, that expresses, the Holy Infinite Spirit.

Im here to share where Im coming from OP so you can share with me why it is you find that we begin as individuals and remain individuals.

Are you not a part of the plants and animals you eat of? Are you not a part of the Sun and water that is needed for you to live? Are you not a part of all the people that ever influenced you or that ever lived and have left imprints of themselves that created a past on earth for us to learn of and know of? Are you not of the very earth that you walk on and would not be without the earth 'being'? Imagine all the things that are needed, for you to even exsist. Now take away all of those things. What then are you? For us to be, there had to be some sun or many suns that exploded that shot stardust out into space to make the elements and minerals that ended up becoming a part of earth and supplying earth with the materials the ended up making and forming 'life' to become here on Earth.

I would love to hear, from your view, how individuality can be, when it seems we are very much a part of all things and all things are needed, for us to 'be'.

From your point of view....was it 'one individual' that created these planets in our solar system and would we be a 'part' of that 'one being' or would we be seperate from it and we only then 'joined' in a creation that some other being made?

Im not here for rights and wrongs....I love to discuss this topic with others that have different ideas.

Looking very forward to your feedback and thoughts
LV

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

You can be both one and separate at the same time - connected to the will of the one, free from suffering as an individual so long as you remain relativley consistent with the intentions of the whole, free to reconnect, free to choose what you connect with. In terms of meditation, connection to God is a simple case of perfect silence, something that is a universal constant. In terms of connection to conscious beings, such connections are as vast and complex as the universe itself. There are universes beyond this universe, with entirely different constructs of physicality to that of which we experience. The spaces between us allow us movement, we can be totally individual, in which case we would live within our own consciousness, encased within our own reality, and, free to channel and connect with the univeral reality. When you understand what I am trying to explain, you can see how there is what you call a "self-repeating awareness" that can operate independently, and an awareness that is still bound to a collective consciousness. When you are encased in your own consciousness, your actions will only impact upon yourself, akin to an extremely vivid daydream, however, the advanced beings soon realise that the characters within their imaginations have the potential to be conscious beings themselves, and thus, the cycle of manifestation can continue. It is believed by some (including myself) that this entire universe is the mind of a single being (perhaps there are other beings as immense) and we all originated as being its thoughts, and eventually its thoughts turned into beings and the realm of its imagination became this universe.

In otherwords, oneness as I am one with myself, and as you are one with yourself, and as others are with themselves, and one as we share common ancestors, however, one as they are also their own beings, and one as we are simultaneously the extentions of such beings. One as we can combine to perceive the same awareness, and one as we can separate ourselves from that awareness to explore and create reality of our own accord. It is only when we can have separate and distinguishable experiences, that we can interact with each other without total knowlege, the unknowing, being the precedent of error, which is the seed of chaos and creativity.
edit on 6-4-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

From what I understand...the word Universe describes 'all that is'. How can we say that there are Universes beyond this one....when a Universe is 'all that is'? If we find that there is something beyond the realm of 'this Universe'....does that find not just expand what we know as 'of this Universe'?

If all that is....has emanated from 'one being'...then in that idea....there is really no separation. For within all of us, there is only 'one' that has truly incarnated. Just because we seem separate from eachother....does not mean that we are. Every action influences another. Life must consume life, to live. One planet may produce many Oak trees, One tree may manifest many acorns...but all of those acorns are still going to return to the 'one planet'. Are our 'many thoughts' really of 'many people' or are they all not being sent back to 'one spirit'? We have many cells of our 'one body' but all of those cells work for 'one body.

I guess my conclusion is that individuality, is a illusion. And we do not go on, being individuals. As individuals we are finite. Only the Spirit that is within all things, is infinite.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

In other words, I have the right to choose to be individual or not, I can never be forced to be one with that which I do not wish to become one with, and I have no right to force others to become one with me if it is against thier will to do so. That is the basic freedom of this universe, because we are separate, there is male and female, because there is male and female, there is creation. Its as simple as that.

The world that is beyond the physical is infinite in its complexity.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

In other words, I have the right to choose to be individual or not, I can never be forced to be one with that which I do not wish to become one with.

When you die, you may see that you were one with all things. That your true self, is the Holy Spirit, and that only your intellect and personality in the psychical body thought it was a individual.

Just because you could choose lets say to not interact with me, does not mean that in Spirit, we are not one.

If the Spirit is our true self....then in Spirit, we are one with all things and we have no choice in that.

I think the hope that we remain individuals, comes from our ego. Our ego, comes from the experience of this illusion, that we are our own being.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I would rather die without any prospect of an afterlife than forgo my individuality. That is, I am an individual conscious entity, immortal as myself, within myself, and there are many other such beings, that house thought-forms that eventually develop consciousness and individuality of thier own - like dividing cells, like a baby in the womb, and like birth, entire planes of existence are created as our beings generate thier own perceptions of reality, thier own structuralisations of the infinite chaos.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I would rather die without any prospect of an afterlife than forgo my individuality

Which is the biggest hurdle that most have issues with.

But, its not meant to be easy. Surrendering to ones true self of Spirit...is the offering that we are here for. Through such a process...the spirit renews its true nature.

The best advice for such is to start living more for things of spirit, then of flesh. Part of the things of flesh, is the experience of being a 'self' that thinks its separate from other selves.

Many are just not ready to understand that as individuals, we are finite. Our purpose is not as individuals, but is as infinite spirit. A 'one' infinite spirit that filters and expresses through what seems like, a many.

Its one thing to be aware that while you are here in this experience, you are a individual....but its another to be aware that your true self, is spirit and that spirit is something you share with everything. The IAM is within you and of you...but its also within and of all things.

We are a many cells, that function for one body/being. When knowing this, we will think twice about how we treat others...because harming another, is only harming our own self.

The ego will cling to individuality. The spirit will seek for harmony with all.

There are reasons why Jesus was willign to offer his body of flesh, his phsycial life....for others.

There are reasons why when Buddha reached heaven, he refused it without every other soul that could not enter.

Up until recent times, it has been true that only few find the way. What we are seeing though with many more being true in their nature of harmony and service to others is the scale starting to tip of beings being aware that we are not separate at all...but we are really one.

Do you see worlds like Earth becoming a better place is we all keep holding on to our individuality? There is purpose, in understanding and living, in unity. Divided/separate....we continue to fall.

For the prime image of this planet to become....more will have to understand, then just a few. For mountains to move....more will have to understand what it means to live for things of Spirit.

But, you are free to live for your individuality, as long as you are in need of that. It surely has its purpose as a part of the filtering/emanating of Spirit.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

I would rather die without any prospect of an afterlife than forgo my individuality.

Spoken like a true ego.

Of course you would. All egos think that the "individuality" that is "it" is the only thing worth preserving. Its just mistaken on so many levels. One, the ego has no true existence. Which is why it is so panicky and fear driven. It senses its own impermanent nature. Ego is just a shadow cast by the illusion of dualism. Ego is caused when awareness is low, like the low sun casts long shadows when it is low on the horizons. But when awareness is total, there is no shadow cast, even more complete than the lack of shadow created by the noon sun.

Of course few of us operate in bodies with that total awareness, most of us operate with the ego and just maintain awareness of the fact it is a shadow. A useful tool, but ultimately, not really "Self."

Self is eternal and fearless, and it is also communal. The intelligent awareness is the same in all of us. Literally. Shining forth via unnamable amounts of eyes, speaking via unnamable amounts of mouths, etc. You arent allegorically a "part" of a "one" we are literally ONE conscious awareness. And if you ever are so fortunate as to experience "re-merging" you will be totally divested of the fallacy that the individual self is anything worth clinging to.

Nothing anyone could say could convince you, but you do not "lose" your little identity, you "gain" the untold numbers of "others." The universes within you seem to be craving? Are had by letting go the ego, by experiencing your "Self" as the "All that IS" not by trying to create that inside the fearful little shadow.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Perhaps I can frame it this way, we can see through each others eyes, we can all see the same thing, there is a resonance or a perceptual state that is universal for all beings, however, beings are separate entities, an orange can never be an apple and an apple can never be an orange.

new topics

top topics

join