It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus Gay?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Jesus Christ, historical figure, prophet or son of God, was he gay? There are no records of him taking a wife or associating with women, through marriage or carnally. He did have 13 apostles which he spent all his time with. Sure there was Mary his mother and Mary Magdelene (the alleged prostitute according to Vatican inspired propaganda) who did associate with Jesus. But could Jesus be gay? If so, who cares? Would this effect your current belief system if it were true? So here is the question Jesus Christ, who is quoted in the New Testament with some of the greatest quotes, greatest ideas every expounded in all of human history....peace, love and tolerance...was he gay?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
are you?

its not cool calling a prophet as gay.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

I'll assume you haven't seen the DaVinci Code or heard about any of the gnostic gospels that allege a relationship between Yahushua ("Jesus") and Magdalene...

With His recurrent emphasis on the law of Moshe and the prophets, the odds that Yahushua was gay are effectively 0, but we can pretend otherwise and assume that he was simply buried so far in the closet as to have his own followers condemning his lifestyle preference.

How would it change anything for me if we found out he was gay? Well, I'm not honestly worried about it ever being a problem for fairly obvious reasons, but otherwise I would have to say his message is still one of the most amazing out there and that I would probably have to handle him like I do other gays and unattractive women: just like everyone else I'm not going to have sex with.

That should be easy!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

That would completely shatter millions of people beliefs all over the world, I can guarantee it. That alone would be enough for people to denounce their religion, or turn them all gay.

Didn't Jesus say something about not judging people for fear of yourself being judged or something? If him being gay was true, then that moral would truly be put to the test among religious people all over.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
He could just as easily have been a pimp.

By this rational. . . you know that whole Bottom B!@#h thing.
edit on 4/5/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I remember my year 11 philosophy teacher explaining how it was strange that Mary asked Jesus to get more wine for the wedding (when he turned the water into wine..) because back then it was the responsibility of the groom and his family to provide wine for the wedding...
edit on 5-4-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
That is one of the most ignorant things i have ever heard or read.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aytacaksel

OP is not calling Jesus gay OP is simply asking IF he could have been - Chill

And yes I guess it is possible but the church is never going to admit to that now, are they?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
For the love of bacon, dude. Would it matter one iota if he was?

No. Surely you can find greater things to ponder.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by aytacaksel

Hey now.... everyone is entitled to their own opinion. or in this case, as I see the way the OP presents this as a thought translated into question. I do not believe any offense was intended at all.

Speaking of questions! If in fact Jesus was gay, and did get it on with other men, maybe just thought about it (yes, thinking about it is just as gay). Do you think the words "Oh God" were spoken during the act??

This brings a whole new meaning to the term Jesus Freak!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

That would completely shatter millions of people beliefs all over the world, I can guarantee it. That alone would be enough for people to denounce their religion, or turn them all gay.

Didn't Jesus say something about not judging people for fear of yourself being judged or something? If him being gay was true, then that moral would truly be put to the test among religious people all over.

Silence, hippy! Go smoke a tree or something.

Sorry, kidding. You're POSSIBLY correct, but I honestly can't see it. And yes, he certainly did say that - we should not judge, lest we ourselves be judged and held liable to the same standards. We all have too many of our own imperfections to hammer out before we can even think about it.

I also particularly like the lines: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" and "Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls."

"Christians" would do well to remember all of these points, for as Gandhi said "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Be well!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by aytacaksel
are you?

its not cool calling a prophet as gay.
Are you insinuating that there is something wrong with being gay?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Are you serious ??

...next time he appears on my toast i will make sure and ask him !

Cosmic...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Jesus was God's perfect creation. There is no way he could have been gay.

Mohammed on the other hand.....wasn't he a pedophile?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Is the DaVinci code fiction? Yes I have read the Nag Hamani texts. And who cares if he was? What would it change and if it changed anything with ones perspective, perhaps some serious introspection is in order...questioning tolerance, bigotry and did you JUST NOT PLAIN GET THE MESSAGE? (not you personally) You know what I mean? PEACE
edit on 5-4-2011 by HUMBLEONE because: Didn't want the poster to think I was disrespecting him/her

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Does it Matter?

I am a Christion and it wouldnt change my beliefs one bit.......his message is eternal.......whither he was gay........stright......black.....asian......midget.whatever

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

For the love of all the furry little creatures of the forest, why does it always come down to that? :shk:

It would be great you guys come up with something a bit more original than lambasting a religion that isn't even part of the original scope of discussion.

Don't you have a used Mazda to pawn off on so poor soul?
edit on 4/5/2011 by Fuzzy Wabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Hmm not sure, isn't a pedophile some-one that likes walking ? then it would be SAFE to say yes, Mohammad was probably a pedophile.

If you mean Mohammad was a Peodophile (some-one who likes children sexually), you would be risking fatwa's from all the worlds muslims, which would be UNSAFE.

Brave...but controversial.

Cosmic...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I don't know about that but you damn sure better hope he has a sense of humor.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Exactly! All these people all over the world profess to be his followers and don't get his true message...which is a beautiful one by the way. Love thy neighbor as you would love yourself.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join