It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the Democrats.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If Jesse Ventura and Ron Paul start running, IT WON'T MATTER if the President raises a gigajillion dollars.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

What I long for is a return to relevant and honest debate in this country and then hopefully more good candidates will be interested in running....but as it stands, who would want to enter such an insane circus of BS?

WTH

I'm actually agreeing with you on something you posted.

IMO without that, I see no other future for the U.S. except a downward spiral where we turn on each other to the point we fail to notice the true threats from the outside, and no longer have the resources or strength (mental or physical) to deal with them even when we do.

Roman Empire redux ...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

What I long for is a return to relevant and honest debate in this country and then hopefully more good candidates will be interested in running....but as it stands, who would want to enter such an insane circus of BS?

WTH

That chill you just felt was hell freezing over

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

WTH

That chill you just felt was hell freezing over

Can't be true. IF it was, it would mean I now have to go visit my stepson AND his witchy wife. Please give me a reprieve and tell me it isn't hell freezing over. I'll do anything ...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

A quick look at many of the previously hidden and secretive white supremacist groups shows they are coming out of the closet and forming groups, joining with the Tea Party.
They are usually the ones mixed in with regular folks holding signs depicting the President as a Swahili Witch Doctors (not too likely since "witch doctors, midwives, herbalists etc. are no match for the AMA and he would have been drummed out of the country already) and they are typically the ones carrying the confederate flags and Nazi images that make that group appear racist whether the majority of people are actually racist or not. This might have something to do with it.

en.wikipedia.org...

The first Klan was founded in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee by veterans of the Confederate Army.[10] They named it after the Greek word 'kuklos", which means circle. The name thus interprets as "Circle of Brothers."[11] Although it never had an organizational structure above the local level, similar groups across the South adopted the name and methods.[citation needed] Klan groups spread throughout the South as an insurgent movement during the Reconstruction era in the United States. As a secret vigilante group, the Klan focused its anger reacted against Radical Republicans and sought to restore white supremacy by threats and violence, including murder, against black and white Republicans. In 1870 and 1871 the federal government passed the Force Acts, which were used to prosecute Klan crimes.[12] Prosecution of Klan crimes and enforcement of the Force Acts suppressed Klan activity. In 1874 and later, however, newly organized and openly active paramilitary organizations, such as the White League and the Red Shirts, started a fresh round of violence aimed at suppressing Republican voting and running Republicans out of office. These contributed to segregationist white Democrats regaining political power in all the Southern states by 1877.

Democrats started the KKK.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I've disagreed with republicans plenty and have never thrown out the race card. ever. Not many of my demo friends have either so maybe it's where you live or something? Anyway, there are plenty of far better reasons than racism to disagree with republicans.

What I find most entertaining about the OP is the irony. We have a person generalizing democrats ("they always pull the racist card") for generalizing republicans ("the reason they don't agree with Obama is because of race").

Classic.

edit on 5-4-2011 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Dont worry, many who voted for him now claim they wish they hadn't! Those who continue to defend him, much like Obama himself, dont want to take responsibility for anything. Its easier to point the finger at Bush, or any other means, as to not take the blame for mistakes. Obama wont get re-elected, and based off his approval numbers, I think he knows that too. Raising 1 bill is a clear case of trying to buy the seat of President...kinda sounds familiar with his seat in the Senate trying be sold huh? Some things never change~

Actually, based off his approval numbers, it's pretty much 50/50 with Obama in a slight lead accorder to Gallop Poles and Obama falling slightly behind in other polls. I would say he has a very good chance of getting re-elected. with Republicans true colors coming out as protectors of the Rich and enemys of the middle class and poor and meanwhile the employment rate steadily rising. Things are going to look pretty good for Obama come 2012.

The republicans would have to come up with much better candidates if they want to win. So far they're all weak. However, I think Ron Paul would have a VERY good chance at beating him. The only problem is that he's made enemies with those who control the money in this country. They leave him out of polling "by accident", making it look like no one likes him. News organizations (mostly FOX) lie about him and make him look bad, etc

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

I've disagreed with republicans plenty and have never thrown out the race card. ever. Not many of my demo friends have either so maybe it's where you live or something? Anyway, there are plenty of far better reasons than racism to disagree with republicans.

What I find most entertaining about the OP is the irony. We have a person generalizing democrats ("they always pull the racist card") for generalizing republicans ("the reason they don't agree with Obama is because of race").

Classic.

Lets see, in October 2008, while in heated political discussion, I was bombarded with "If you do not vote for Obama you must be a racist." After the election it was "If you do not vote for Obamacare you must be a racist",
and as an aside, It took Obama 6 months to pick out a dog for his family, yet he wanted a vote on Obamacare within a month, in August, before the summer break, at over 1000 pages, that no one even read. How f-ing crazy is that? He ended up paying people off to finally get the vote needed by 2, that b***h Pelosi chimed, "You have to vote for it, to find out whats in it." How irresponsible can one party be? Vote for something you have no clue what is in it. I wish there would have been a clause stating that term limits would have been imposed on congress.
I am an independent, since I first registered to vote. I hope an independent gets elected.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by truther357

I'm very happy I voted for Obama. Just a few things I can think of off the top of my head;

Healed international relationships (HUGE accomplishment)
Brought us through a recession without the economy coming to a crash (unemployment rate is steadily rising)
Added tougher regulations on Credit Card companies
Eliminated the middle man involved with Federal College Loans
Passed health care reform (I am one of those that believes in socialized medicine, so for me, it doesn't go far enough but it will have to do for now)

I'm very happy with our current president and will be voting for him again. I'm not sure where all the hate for this man comes from to be honest. I couldn't stand Bush and I feel that we finally have an inteligent thoughtful president who cares about the middle and lower classes, who goes to bat for college students, and who is interested in regulation, because the market does not regulate itself to stop harming the enviroment, stop taking adavantage of workers, etc. History has shown this to be true, which is why we have unions, and why we have the EPA. Those things are their to protect us from those who have taken advantage of it in the past. If it wasn't for extreme outcry during the Nixon years, the EPA wouldn't even exist. But when the lakes start on fire because of the corporate polution in them, someone has to make them stop!

Anyways......

OBAMA 2012!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I'm not sure who was saying "you must be a racist" but I certainly never assumed such a thing. I assumed that those people just fundamentally disagree with Obama's goals. Which is fine. That's the American way. I'm sure there are those who are racist but I don't think most democrats assume republicans are racist (well mabye the sheeple demo's) but certainly not the circles of demos I hang out with.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

I'm not sure who was saying "you must be a racist" but I certainly never assumed such a thing. I assumed that those people just fundamentally disagree with Obama's goals. Which is fine. That's the American way. I'm sure there are those who are racist but I don't think most democrats assume republicans are racist (well mabye the sheeple demo's) but certainly not the circles of demos I hang out with.

You seem to have the opinion that you can not please everyone, which is fine. I think that is how it is designed. That is why we have different parties. Of course, they will disagree. Different views and ideas are what we expect. I do believe, however, that there are those who "control" what is happening by causing disruptions, using a slight of hand approach. which we ALL get suckered with. For instance, oil and gas prices. You are in favor of regulation, but how do you feel about gas prices going up 10 cents in a day? I believe that the american people are being taken advantage of through the gas pumps. We all need fuel, we all need electricity, and we all need food. Higher oil prices are affecting ALL of these. And no one seems very concerned about it. Why?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

If it only takes a "quick look" than surely you can provide some details and proof to back that up. I'll be anxiously waiting to check it out. A couple of jackasses at any rally does not define the rally, no more than a couple of jackasses fighting at a Yankee game defines Yankee fans or baseball generally. I loved the deal where the congressman claimed he was spit on, yet with thousands of folks there, hundreds of cameras and video cameras and a monetary award provided, they could not find a single person who saw anybody do anything of the kind - yet the MSM reported it as if it was a true as the sun coming up.

How about the blantant racist elements of the Obama camp? The Reverend "the white man is evil, the white man is a dog, we need to put down the white man" Wright? You know the dude, he's the guy who Obama listened to each Sunday for 20 years. How about these terrific citizens out of the Nation of Islam who having been calling for the death of the oppressive white man and the death of the Jews for a couple of decades? You know those dudes, they are led by that absolute insane gent, Mr. Farrahkan? How about those lovely Black Panthers? You know those dudes, they're the gents who stand outside of polling places with uniforms on brandishing pipes looking to intimidate white voters. You know, the dudes who the Justice Department has decided not to prosecute or even legitimately investigate because they have a policy to only look into voter intimidation claims brought forth by non whites. How about the LaRaza group? You know those folks who actively espouse taking large parts of the South West and returning it back to Mexico? How about the folks who espouse violence against our society? You know, folks like Obama's pal Bill Ayers, the domestic terrorist who after planting bombs, stated he was proud of his actions and that he did not go far enough?

Go ahead and look for a couple of nut jobs at a Republican/Tea Party ralley. Hell you might even find a couple.

I can guarantee that you find all of the above at an Obama rally along with a number of lesser, equally objectionable groups.

It is also interesting that you folks want to trumpet out some gent with a room level IQ wearing an offensive t-shirt as a rally. That gent is scorned by 99% of the people in the country, including members of the Tea Party. Its interesting because those groups I mentioned above are not only relatively free of scorn from the democrats, they actually have access to senior members of the administration and party.

Who is more dangerous.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle

Originally posted by newcovenant

A quick look at many of the previously hidden and secretive white supremacist groups shows they are coming out of the closet and forming groups, joining with the Tea Party.
They are usually the ones mixed in with regular folks holding signs depicting the President as a Swahili Witch Doctors (not too likely since "witch doctors, midwives, herbalists etc. are no match for the AMA and he would have been drummed out of the country already) and they are typically the ones carrying the confederate flags and Nazi images that make that group appear racist whether the majority of people are actually racist or not. This might have something to do with it.

en.wikipedia.org...

The first Klan was founded in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee by veterans of the Confederate Army.[10] They named it after the Greek word 'kuklos", which means circle. The name thus interprets as "Circle of Brothers."[11] Although it never had an organizational structure above the local level, similar groups across the South adopted the name and methods.[citation needed] Klan groups spread throughout the South as an insurgent movement during the Reconstruction era in the United States. As a secret vigilante group, the Klan focused its anger reacted against Radical Republicans and sought to restore white supremacy by threats and violence, including murder, against black and white Republicans. In 1870 and 1871 the federal government passed the Force Acts, which were used to prosecute Klan crimes.[12] Prosecution of Klan crimes and enforcement of the Force Acts suppressed Klan activity. In 1874 and later, however, newly organized and openly active paramilitary organizations, such as the White League and the Red Shirts, started a fresh round of violence aimed at suppressing Republican voting and running Republicans out of office. These contributed to segregationist white Democrats regaining political power in all the Southern states by 1877.

Democrats started the KKK.

Well that certainly is interesting and quite a surprise, but regardless of who is responsible for the early history I would say now a great many are frequenting the Tea Party rallies. I sometimes go to the white supremacist websites and read what they are talking about. They are talking about going mainstream and attending Tea Party rally's on more than one website. You can also read about this transition and recent change in habits on wiki. It is fairly common knowledge. They are not hiding in the shadows any longer.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Not sure what you are asking. I didn't ask the question, just saying what I observe. Of course there are probably racist folks at the Obama rally's. No denying that. Point being?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by newcovenant

If it only takes a "quick look" than surely you can provide some details and proof to back that up. I'll be anxiously waiting to check it out.

Here's a couple I found. I didn't recopy your entire post so not sure what else was asked. Hope these are what you were looking for or at least prove my point. Best regards.

www.adl.org...

Members of the white supremacist Council of Conservative Citizens (CofCC) plan to attend a January 16, 2010, Tea Party rally in Inverness, Florida....The CofCC has supported the Tea Party movement since its inception, posting numerous articles on the CofCC Web site and in Citizens Informer, the group's newsletter, about the rallies.

www.examiner.com...

White Nationalist Movement ready for Tea Party - The Tea Party Movement was organized to oppose the president’s economic program of tax cuts for 95 percent of Americans and support for the working class. Unfortunately, like the Sarah Palin rallies, violent elements feel right at home. The White Supremacist group StormFront is encouraging its members to join the tea party. The rhetoric is chilling:

www.alan.com...

In the past year, that perfect storm has grown, as more and more reports of white supremacist groups, militias and neo-Nazis have taken over the news pages. The media, for its part, has taken a passive role in the growth of these hate groups, reporting when they commit crimes or hold marches. Unless it’s the Tea Party movement, which has received a great deal of attention for having white nationalist interlopers amongst them.

<< 1   >>

join