It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Sock Puppet Trolls Attack Alternative Media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
We all know it's happening - here on ATS as well as on other forums.

Now we have two of my favourite guys speaking on the matter - Max Keiser and Alex Jones

Be sure to tune into the Keiser Report on RT tomorrow for the full interview.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Highly unlikely that the government would even waste their time on something like that. You'll believe anything you see, won't you??? Hahahahahaha

KIDDING!

That's great! And yes, it is quite obvious who some of those people are here on ATS. I simply choose to ignore them and move on... Makes the Government think that they're evil plan is actually working

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

I know haha

It makes me wonder every time I see a post debunking someone with a half-sound theory - I think to myself; why not just comment on something you enjoy and can be supporting in, instead of starting arguments and derailing threads.

I know there are some argumentative people around but some people just take it too far - they must be being paid.

Luckily for us - we post as an enjoyable hobby, and can put much more feeling into our material than someone collecting a pay cheque.

They know they're doing wrong... How can they sleep at night?

Maybe we should look for people with shares in Horlicks

edit on 4/4/11 by iamahumandoing because: edit

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yes, label the opposition to insane conspiracy theories as government agents...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Hey, fair(ish) point...

But then again you are quoting a comedian in your signature

["Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop. But just because science doesn't know everything doesn't mean you can fill in the gaps with whatever fairy tale most appeals to you." - Dara O'Briain on homeopathy & pseudoscience]

edit on 4/4/11 by iamahumandoing because: addition

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
*snip*

I like coyotepoet - he's a cool guy.

Don't get on too well with the other guy - but, every cloud has a silver lining
maybe.

Check out the argument that breaks out on this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thankfully I had coolottie (she's a star) and Jesse Ventura to help me put it to bed
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/4/11 by iamahumandoing because: links added

Mod edit: Removed off topic post that was quoted.
edit on 4-4-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I noticed and made mention of the fact that in the fall of 2009, the general attitude of ATS had changed markedly. There was a noticeable influx of debunkers suddenly joining that continued through 2011. Gone were the intelligent debates with wayout theories.

Threads were hijacked by name callers who, rather than supporting their claims with evidence or personal experience simply started attacking the OP. For a while I started flagging the debunkers. The pattern of new membership was obvious.

It made me so sick, I stayed off for months. Alas, there is no alternative quite like ATS. Beware, the myopic, closed mind debunker nemesis you can't understand is most likely a friggin sock puppet.

Any suggestions on recognizing them?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

Well since ATS is one of the more interesting Public Forum Think tanks on the web, so why not?
Can you imagine getting PAID to check out ATS every day? Now that would be a Dream Job.

Don't be too paranoid though, have you ever heard of the book "Stranger Than Fiction", or the old tabloid
"The National Enquirer" ? Unusual stories, out of the box thinking, outright nonsense, and hoax's have been
around for years. Unless you are a dangerous whacko or some kind of terror kook, I wouldn't worry about it.

Something to consider though,,,the thought of being "Watched" certainly can have the effect of keeping
certain individuals on their best behavior no?. Or Know?

Regards,,,,

edit on 4-4-2011 by Wildmanimal because: grammar/typo

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Hmmm... I don't know but maybe people with a high post/star count but no flags due to no juicy topics reported?

That's the only thing I can think of but it's not foolproof by any means - I'm sure there are genuine people on here that fit that profile.

It's a hard one...

Maybe ask someone you suspect about building 7.
When they say; 'There was no building 7' - Then you know

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The government is wasting money as usual. There are enough servile, weak minded, ignorant people on the internets already. There really is no need to hire more.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Building what?

The Pentagon needs to offer a few more bucks for the job, so they can at least recruit some people who are not counterproductive to their efforts. I know it's not an easy job, but they can certainly be a lot more effective if they didn't have to rely on the juvenile brick wall mentality types they currently use.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Those who have the power wish to maintain power and will use any methodology they deem necessary. The thing they don't realize is their support is dwindling away and would be gone if people believed that there is another power that can be better.
It's not surprising though. Look at politics in the states. How many times do you hear a politician use a positive spin and how many times do you hear a politician denounce another viewpoint?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

Well since ATS is one of the more interesting Public Forum Think tanks on the web, so why not?
Can you imagine getting PAID to check out ATS every day? Now that would be a Dream Job.

Don't be too paranoid though, have you ever heard of the book "Stranger Than Fiction", or the old tabloid
"The National Enquirer" ? Unusual stories, out of the box thinking, outright nonsense, and hoax's have been
around for years. Unless you are a dangerous whacko or some kind of terror kook, I wouldn't worry about it.

Something to consider though,,,the thought of being "Watched" certainly can have the effect of keeping
certain individuals on their best behavior no?. Or Know?

Regards,,,,

edit on 4-4-2011 by Wildmanimal because: grammar/typo

Haha playing Devil's Advocate eh?

Just kidding...

But your last line, couldn't that just make someone with really bad intentions masquerade as someone with a less extreme objective? Thereby pushing the real threat under the radar so to speak...

I'm sure some extremist with an ulterior motive (even one possessed of rudimentary intelligence) could work out that they can't say everything they want online...

Just imagine what the clever ones could do... Mwhahahahahaaaaaa

Now I'm playing Devil's Advocate

ps. I'm about as extreme as a cheese sandwich. Mild cheese at that. On white. Just so you know. Please don't send the goons

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The government is wasting money as usual. There are enough servile, weak minded, ignorant people on the internets already. There really is no need to hire more.

The dumbed down useful idiots you refer to are not who the Pentagon is targeting. They need to silence and marginalize the ones who actually know which continent the USA is located in.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Hahahaha well said - they definitely need to start hiring people of a certain calibre.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have no probs with anyone bagging on "scare em all al jones".
The dude is a gold selling fear mongering schill.
If al said it it's a lie i'm sure.
Sorry cannot watch the video as al's voice irritates me, plus i'd know it was misdirection.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamahumandoing
reply to post by zarp3333

Hmmm... I don't know but maybe people with a high post/star count but no flags due to no juicy topics reported?

That's the only thing I can think of but it's not foolproof by any means - I'm sure there are genuine people on here that fit that profile.

It's a hard one...

When they say; 'There was no building 7' - Then you know

Like me? I don't post many topics...

The fallacy in these theories that disinfo agents are debunkers is that there are plenty of different ways to spread disinfo.

One is by stating completely outrageous topics that have no credible evidence supporting them or are just outright lies.

It works on both sides of the fence.

And also, as the old saying goes, the person to point fingers is usually the guilty party. (something like that, I could be paraphrasing here)
edit on 4-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

The dumbed down useful idiots you refer to are not who the Pentagon is targeting. They need to silence and marginalize the ones who actually know which continent the USA is located in.

Not entirely, my boss says that we are trying to... I mean, there is clear evidence throughout history that it pays to sway opinion of all types of people, all groups, no matter who, as long as they have numbers.

The demographics could be based on a number of things:

Voting history/allegiance
etc. etc. etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Oh, I am a Star but your a Prince. You saw for real the job I was offered. The internet is right now and hope will be for years to come, the most powerful weapon on the planet. I cracked up yesterday when someone made the statement "The Government is going to start reading your Google email." Well, I know for sure they have been reading probably almost everyone email at least once since 2006. You can use the most unexpected word and they will grab that email even before it is recieved that is how fast it is. I had the word "Christian" now even that was flagged. Always keep your spam box empty, terrorist get your email password and log in and use your Spam Box as a message board. People just empty it never reading it. And it can look as innocent as talking about their cats, or some squid they knitted. Now ATS is a well respected site, and I am sure there are a lot of posting to just keep people from talking about things they don't want discussed. ATS is a World Site with members all over the world. Nite! Nite!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join