It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Use Of All Caps In Thread Titles--All Members Please Read.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

The staff have noticed an increase in the usage of ALL-CAPS in thread titles. This practice is against ATS posting etiquette, which can be found here:

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette

Specifically:

) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

Now this not only applies to the full titles, but also to partial titles. For example creating a thread entitled "BREAKING! New UFO discovered by NASA", there's no need for the breaking word to be capitalized.

Understandably some members like to use catchy titles that jump off the page, however moving forward any and all titles or threads that include the use of ALL-CAPS will be edited by staff.

The use of ALL-CAPS is reserved for administration in order to make sure that members read important threads regarding board announcements among other things.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

~Keeper
ATS Modeator

edit on 4/4/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Was this brought up because I mentioned it to another user this is why their thread was deleted twice? lol

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

ok,thanks

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Its a good rule, but you do realize the irony...
ABOUT ATS...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I for one am glad that it has been enforced. I am slightly sick of the ameteur newshound approach of
" Make the letters big and folk will be drawn to YOUR headline." Smacks slightly of Murdoch and his corrupt buddies.
This is not a training ground for the corrupt news media professionals of tomorrow... this is serious business !

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

LOL! Nah, it's a continual problem.

And for the record, we would never trash a thread just because it had an all caps title. Those are only edited.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Just a silly question.
What if the article you are posting is all caps ??
Normally we are supposed to post the exact title..
If it's all caps or a lot of caps, should we alter it ??
edit on 4-4-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The exact title rule imo applies to the sentence itself. The words and their order.

So yes I woulds say that altering an all caps headline to a non caps headline is completely fine, so long as you do not change anything else.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Does it scare humans when caps are used or something? Why is this so important? I noticed that caps really creep people out...like Jarrod laughner creeping out. Not understanding! I guess since I’m on 11 other sites and this is never mentioned, I wonder why it’s so important on the ats, is this mental thing people got, or is this A really a top priority.

I mean Jarrod laugher and 2 others I don’t want to mention, sent me pms up the as when I did my head line in caps 4months ago, it hurt them soooo bad that 2 of them added me as foes the next day…CHRIST!!, like I was torturing them or something, as if I stabbed them in the heart or something, very weird how big letters scare humans, not just all humans but a particular group that seems like the words are going to jump out the computer on them and eat them alive or something.
I’m not complaining, but this would be good in my studies if someone can tell me how the brain feels when they see ‘CAPITAL LETTERS’.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've mentioned plenty of times that in my opinion, using thread titles all in caps makes me take a negative view about the thread before I've even started to read it. Personally, I wouldn't mind keywords being highlighted in capital letters but rules are rules I suppose...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
Does it scare humans when caps are used or something?

Your question is disingenuous and patently ridiculous! Everybody on this website understands that people use caps to seek attention. Internet etiquette also deems the use of caps as shouting which is considered rude. People also use caps within threads to enforce their viewpoint because they believe it somehow makes it more true.

eg; The FACTS are that the moon is an ARTIFICIAL SATELLITE! Either you are a DISINFO agent or you know NOTHING at all!

It's not that people are scared of caps
. It's that we are tired of the manner in which people use them.

I'll leave the conversation now so that you may twist and manipulate my words in your rebuttal.

IRM :shk:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Does it scare humans when caps are used or something?

Your question is disingenuous and patently ridiculous! Everybody on this website understands that people use caps to seek attention. Internet etiquette also deems the use of caps as shouting which is considered rude. People also use caps within threads to enforce their viewpoint because they believe it somehow makes it more true.

eg; The FACTS are that the moon is an ARTIFICIAL SATELLITE! Either you are a DISINFO agent or you know NOTHING at all!

It's not that people are scared of caps
. It's that we are tired of the manner in which people use them.

I'll leave the conversation now so that you may twist and manipulate my words in your rebuttal.

IRM :shk:

Always the red ones for some reason ,very interesting.
Can i just ask why your color on your letters is red?
edit on 6-4-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

A pseudo psychological study of why I used the colour red in my avatar is not exactly the topic of this thread... though I'd imagine it's obvious to most. I can't say you're very thorough.. but judging by your underlying subtext, you're very imaginative!

InfraRedMan

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

A pseudo psychological study of why I used the colour red in my avatar is not exactly the topic of this thread... though I'd imagine it's obvious to most. I can't say you're very thorough.. but judging by your underlying subtext, you're very imaginative!

InfraRedMan

It’s not that, I noticed on the internet, and on allot of forums there is a subliminal video out there destroying or controlling ones brain, I noticed that ONLY the ones that get mad because of hand writing and caps have changed the letters in to red.
I had in my signature after I found out that Jarrod laughner was subliminally controlled by something and I know for sure it came from his computer.

My signature read’ There are subliminal messages on the ats; you will notice the ones that it effect by the color red.

I noticed that 14 members who consider themselves the writing king and queen of correct spelling and writing and the NO use of caps, all have, and in some cases changed the letters to red, you make 15.
I would say it’s a coincident but math doesn’t lie, and neither is my eagle eye conclusive ability to figure out things as I see it.

But hey; if it doesn’t fit you then don’t worry about it.
15@15> and it will continue to grow it seems. Hopefully it doesn’t make the people that are affected do a Jarrod on somebody one day…hopefully!

An intelligent person will understand that if the headline is in caps, it’s not pertaining to you personally, but like you said, some people think they are yelling at them; which to me is a mental thing, because to me its not even that serious, but to other people it gets personnel, just like laugher, just like …the people with the red in the letters.
Now im not calling you crazy and im not saying your one of the ones that’s affected but if the color fits, well have a good day….foe.

imaginative!
Im very imaginative,but im never ever wrong about what i see and say.NEVER

edit on 6-4-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I noticed on the internet, and on allot of forums there is a subliminal video out there destroying or controlling ones brain,

I'm sure it's a reality for you.

I noticed that ONLY the ones that get mad because of hand writing and caps have changed the letters in to red.
I had in my signature after I found out that Jarrod laughner was subliminally controlled by something and I know for sure it came from his computer.

Umm.. OK

My signature read’ There are subliminal messages on the ats; you will notice the ones that it effect by the color red.

I guess if you wrote it in your signature, it must be true. Case closed!

I noticed that 14 members who consider themselves the writing king and queen of correct spelling and writing and the NO use of caps, all have, and in some cases changed the letters to red, you make 15.

You keep lists? Hmmmm :shk:

I would say it’s a coincident but math doesn’t lie, and neither is my eagle eye conclusive ability to figure out things as I see it.

Math? Really? Where is the 'math'? Eagle eye? As you see it is correct.

Hopefully it doesn’t make the people that are affected do a Jarrod on somebody one day…hopefully!

That is what we call... projection. I think you should probably worry about your own sanity first mate.

An intelligent person will understand that if the headline is in caps, it’s not pertaining to you personally

You may need to point out to me where anyone said they took it personally. I seem to have missed that one. Did you just make that up to support your flimsy argument?

Now im not calling you crazy and im not saying your one of the ones that’s affected but if the color fits, well have a good day….foe.

Oh.. the mixed messages! Again, I would worry about your own sanity first. Foe? Very immature!

You keep believing that mate. I'm sure there is no amount of reality that would change that anyway!

IRM

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

OK,have a good day.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I noticed on the internet, and on allot of forums there is a subliminal video out there destroying or controlling ones brain,

I'm sure it's a reality for you.

I noticed that ONLY the ones that get mad because of hand writing and caps have changed the letters in to red.

Umm.. OK

I guess if you wrote it in your signature, it must be true. Case closed!

You keep lists? Hmmmm :shk:

Math? Really? Where is the 'math'? Eagle eye? As you see it is correct.

Hopefully it doesn’t make the people that are affected do a Jarrod on somebody one day…hopefully!

That is what we call... projection. I think you should probably worry about your own sanity first mate.

An intelligent person will understand that if the headline is in caps, it’s not pertaining to you personally

You may need to point out to me where anyone said they took it personally. I seem to have missed that one. Did you just make that up to support your flimsy argument?

Oh.. the mixed messages! Again, I would worry about your own sanity first. Foe? Very immature!

You keep believing that mate. I'm sure there is no amount of reality that would change that anyway!

IRM

Quite sassy designed for the sole intent to be sassy, but 1.bp.blogspot.com...

I'd post a macrame burger along with that to emphasize the immaterialness of the whole matter, but I can't seem to locate the pic I had in mind.

Hey, Immortal, ya know where that pic is at? You know the one this dude stole> learnsomethingnewtoday.us...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

I did a national survey yesterday unc.'Who is the bestest unc in the world',and out of a million people that answered back,they all said Bobe the Great is.how many nephews do you have ,i thought i was the favorite?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

U iz my favorite nephew in the whole wide world beyond a shadow of a doubt out of all my infinite number of nephews. Maybe half are more my favorite on second thought. No, that's not true because there is not any difference between any being the most or least favorite. All are my favorite equally and so all are my favorite. That's possible because I have an infinite number of nephews.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Understood - I'll edit my thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join