It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's Gulf of Mexico drilling could resume in July

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

BP's Gulf of Mexico drilling could resume in July

www.marketwatch.com

BP PLC could be just a few months away from resuming drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico after reportedly asking to strike a deal with U.S. regulators less than a year following the Deepwater Horizon disaster that killed 11 and triggered the worst oil spill in American history.

BP (BP 45.66, +1.52, +3.44%) (UK:BP. 473.60, +3.60, +0.77%) company officials, the New York Times reported on its website Sunday, said that the oil major hoped to restart drilling at 10 existing development and production wells in the Gulf in July, but that no new drilling would be undertaken in the region.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I would like to say that I am shocked but I 'm not, so far the approval has not been confirmed or acknowledged by the Dept of Energy so we will have to keep an eye out in the near future for this to come to fruition. If it were up to me, I would not consider it until they (BP) have completed the cleanup efforts.

In related news, Transocean's view on their company's efforts last year..

Transocean gives bonuses for ‘safety’ after Gulf of Mexico oil spill

The American offshore oil and gas drilling contractor, Transocean, which is also responsible for running the Deepwater Horizon rig, has paid its top executives bonuses for its "best year" in terms of safety, despite a deadly explosion in the rig last year, which killed 11 workers and caused a huge oil spill in the area.

Transocean said there has been a drop in the rate of recorded incidents and in their potential severity, in the past year.

Unbelievable...

www.marketwatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there is already a thread on this topic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is horrid though.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Pretty naive to think this wouldn't happen. The structure of the world economy is designed to keep "the Machine" rolling right along. Wait, check that, the whole purpose of modern SOCIETY is to keep the machine going.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Thanks for the link.. please add further comments to the thread linked below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

join