It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Esoteric Interpretation of Chess...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I absolutely love the game. Intricate and not to complicated. A direct challenge between two minds. I have heard evidence of this game going much farther back. I can't confirm that though.

A great great post !
SnF
Randyvious

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Hmmmm... How did he gain such knowledge of it then? Was he initiated into another hermetic order or orders or was he merely using his imagination? I think most of what he wrote seems highly informed. Perhaps someone he knew told him some info?

reply to post by getreadyalready

There is a modified chess game called Enochian or Rosicrucian chess, but it doesn't fit masonry specifically. I think a truly specifically masonic chess game would be a cool idea, each game moves to the next degree maybe? I'd play at least.
edit on 5-4-2011 by time91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2011 by time91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

A lot more of Masonry is publicly available than is thought by some. For instance, he could have easily gotten hold of Duncan's Ritual, the go-to guide to what it is Masons do. It wouldn't have gotten him into a lodge meeting, but he could've gotten the basic idea.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

Yes, but his books don't deal strictly with masonry and contain things not found in anything I've found on masonry. Perhaps he did read and get a lot of information from them but I'm not sure. Thanks for the book.

edit on 6-4-2011 by time91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The object of the game is to put the other player's King in Cheque, which is debt. The Templars were extremely proficient at this type of usuary, and it's a shame Phillip the Fair didn't get to finish what he started, the Western world never recovered from his failure to eradicate those scumbags.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

From the real inheritors of the HOGD:
www.rosae-crucis.net...
Great information here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join