It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto march april 3 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
ok first i hope i dont get in trouble for posting this, but i think it should be out there. maybe with a different style though? I believe in why they are protesting. Just could have used a different approach lol.

cnews.canoe.ca...

One of the videos of the event

www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-4-2011 by jaycen420 because: Added video

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think the approach they used was fine. In the article it did state that the march was light heart-ed and people were smiling. I am a rape victim and I agree to a point what the officer meant. Men that rape women are sick individuals. Some are sane and some are not. Should you be wearing something that leaves NOTHING to the imagination at 2-3am by yourself in an area of town you don't know or shouldn't be in? Sick men, insane men, demented men cannot control themselves. It's like a 2yr old and leaving a cookie in front of them and telling them to wait 10mins before they can eat it. Children at that age do not have the maturity or the patients or the knowledge as to why they need to wait 10mins for the cookie. I believe these men have a sick fantasy in their head and act on it because like a 2yr old they cannot control themselves. You don't put a gram of Heroine in front of an addict and say... don't touch. AGAIN... I am NOT saying women are inviting rape or they want rape...

What I found offensive concerning this Officer is the way he spoke to the audience of *College Students*. Whether it's a crowd of college students or Men and Women from the local Polar Bear Club, he was disrespectful when he used the word *Sluts* when describing the way he felt women shouldn't be dressing. I don't think that was respectful at all. It's like throwing around the word # in your speech.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The first thing I think of is that Beavis and Butthead episode when they go to Las Vegas. Butthead kept saying where are all the sluts and the old lady on the air plane kept thinking he was saying slots.... I know it's random!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Yes i agree the cop should have shown at least a little respect considering what they went through.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

So 1500 women who took offense to the officers choice of words, decided to hold banners...Banners using the very same name they took offense to in protest.

Isn't there several studies that prove provocative dressing is more likely to cause someone under the influence or with a mental condition to act on their thoughts?

Poor wording by an officer and gross over-reaction by some women much?

top topics

join