It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen Live Show Gets Panned by Critics & Fans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Charlie Sheen Live Show Gets Panned by Critics & Fans

www.imdb.com

After Charlie Sheen's one man show was met with boos during its first performance Saturday night, perhaps the actor is learning to embrace a valuable life lesson: You can't win them all. Or, in his case, you can't even win over most.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.imdb.com
www.imdb.com
www.imdb.com

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just wanted to see what everyone else thought of this. Looks like Charlie Just isn't winning that much anymore. Well whatever the case I hate to see anyone go through such troubled times especially a once great and still very talented actor as Charlie.

What does everyone else think?

That is all

Trowa

P.S. My apologies to the mods if I placed this in the wrong section.
edit on 3/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add post script

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Poor guy just needs to chill out for a while, so the media gets off of his nuts. Maybe consider not doing as much hard drugs, or even going sober for a bit.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Of course he is gettin panned.

After 9/11 he was destroyed for being a voice of the truth movement.

One of these days the population will understand how their thoughts and opinions are installed by the MSM.

Charlie Sheen is no different than the middle easterner or a Mexican. Look how much Americans hate them. Coincidence? Or are people actually repeating what gets beat into their heads 24/7

Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What really got me was a comment he made while getting booed...

"I already got your money, dude"

I think that about sums up the entire 'Charlie Sheen Show' It was catchy for a minute to hear the stuff that would come out of his mouth but I definitely don't know why anyone would shell out $20 to see a train wreck. Especially when he really doesn't have ANYTHING to say. Maybe I'm just jealous that I can't make millions of dollars spewing nonsense, but I hope people stop funding his "tour" and keep that $20 in their pocket.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Did he try and make a joke about detriot's high drug use?? Something like" you guys smoke crack here right? Dont; get me wrong I used to use crack. Are any of you on crack right now?" Yeah that was not winning charlie.

But wait a minute I was watching the thing on the MSNBC where they were talking about it. and they interviewed the people and what they thought of it. This older lady I don;t know how old she was maybe 50's But she said they did not advertise correctly what was on the menu they said snoop dog was going to be here there was no snoop dog. My response is like what aren;t you a little to old to be wanting to see snoop dog. haha

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
People like Charlie sheen distract us from the real problems, shame on the media for covering this man.

link   
reply to post by zroth

Oh yea of course I forgot about that...

Charlie Sheen... It all ties in with 9/11, ignorant Americans, middle easterners and mexicans, genius.

Stupid me, I should really open my eyes.

link   

Well, he really did suck, you can't expect great reviews for a crappy show. I really don't get why the media loves this women beating, crackhead anyways. Really what were they expecting? They wanted a freak show and they got one.
edit on 3-4-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

People got what they chose to pay for. Not sure why anyone is surprised.

Is that easier to swallow?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I'm genuinely surprised that he's gotten this much attention already. Does anybody think that this might be some stunt cooked up with the Celebrity Rehab producers?
Seriously though, that would do him a lot of good and give him the attention or fame which he so obviously craves at the same time. But I'm starting to get pretty sick of hearing and reading his name everywhere. Why is his situation a month's worth of news headlines and t.v. specials? He really hasn't even done anything THAT crazy, if you think about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
REALLY important alternative news.

And GREAT conspiracy angle!!!

edit on 3/4/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I just had to come in here to laugh at someone calling Charlie Sheen a great and talented actor....haha!

Two and a half men was absolutely horrible and I can't believe people even watched that horribly predictable, fake laughs and all show. He was decent in a couple movies...a loooong time ago. Great and talented, I can't stop laughing...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Not any more than any other opinion on this forum.

reply to post by Pimpish

He's a decent actor, he makes people laugh. Just because you are too arrogant to appreciate cheap humor doesn't mean hes a bad actor. Needs to lay off the drugs though, no one ever said he was smart.

What is acting anyways? You say and do things on command, its not that hard. I stopped being critical at the point of realizing this, because I figured it was pointless. However there are some actors that give 110% like Al Pacino, which I can respect as work ethic. Therein lies my opinion.
edit on 3-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Charlie Sheen is a self centered jerk....period. He is making a fool of himself.....and I think it is very wrong that people encouraging his outlandish behaviour, when everything he does is self destructive, not to mention how it will affect his children..... I thought it was kind of funny at first, until I realized how much of a megalomaniac he is.

edit on 3-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

I KNOW!!!! **rolls eyes** If he is a great and talented actor, then so am I
He is a legend in HIS OWN MIND
He needs to realize people are laughing AT him, not WITH him!
edit on 3-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
No..they wanted to stare at road kill...

Charlie can reads line (or snort them) just fine. What were they expecting? He believes headlines and pressclippings. Didn't the people already have enough of his personal life self exploited ?
They actually paid money to stare at him?

He already did his schtick.

You want content? Give him a script to READ.

Since when did he really start believing he is a writer ?

His LIFE is goofier then anything he could ever write. No one bother'd to tell him that?

Cashing in on fame is a funny thing. Make sure you have funny writers if your going to goof on yourself .

And then READ the material if you don't know how to write.

Can't say the promoters and Charlie aren't getting what they deserve. That would be nothing...when you have no content.
No one could say.."Charlie..THAT IT?"

Weak idea for ticket buyers,Charlie and his people. Enough blame to go around everywhere.

Oh well...the trainwreck keeps moving.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimpish
I just had to come in here to laugh at someone calling Charlie Sheen a great and talented actor....haha!

Two and a half men was absolutely horrible and I can't believe people even watched that horribly predictable, fake laughs and all show. He was decent in a couple movies...a loooong time ago. Great and talented, I can't stop laughing...

Yeah, well I disagree. 2 & 0.5 men was a good show.
...................................................................................................................................................... .............................................
Perhaps I can go with the conspiracy angle and suggest that he should have donned the tin foil hat while telling the world that 911 was an inside job.
I mean, is it possible TPTB have infiltrated his mind to make him and everyone else critical of the official explanation to be made out like nonsensical fools?

Can they do that to people?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for the claims that CBS planted people in the crowd to sabotage the shows etc. You know as ludicrous as that sounds they're coming.

I don't know. Like I said before just thought I'd post this to get some reactions and see how everyone feels about Chuck as he has been a hot button topic around here.

Here's to Charlie and hoping he gets back on track and overcomes whatever demons a plaguing his body and soul, be it drugs, alcohol, ladies, The Illuminati,, NWO, 9/11 OS believers .............

That is all

Trowa

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
To Soficrow -

Yeah as I stated in my OP I felt I may have placed this in the wrong section. I did and it was moved. Now is there anything you would like to add to the conversation or do you have nothing better to do with your time than try and be sarcastic?

To Pimpish & StealthyKat -

Laugh all you want at my statement, as I laugh at both of your reading comprehension skills. Funny how you both came in here mocking my comment yet forgot that I wrote and placed a "once" before great and talented actor. Any that is exactly how I feel. I loved Wall Street, Platoon is one of my favorite war movies, Major League was very funny imo, I also enjoyed Eight men Out, Red Dawn, Young guns, Ferris Bueller's day off and a few others as I'm sure millions of others do/did. I do not however as you stated Pimpish enjoy 2 and 1/2 men at all.

All of you are entitled to your own opinions as am I, however if you are going to laugh at me. Do it for what I said exactly, not taking what I said out of context. With that said ...................

That is all

Trowa

P.S I gave all of you a star however for trying to .......... well for trying

edit on 4/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add post script

top topics

<<   2 >>

join