It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Always Infinity Infinicel(TM) ... yes the womens pads...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Call me crazy. I am calling myself it as i ask this, its ok.

To get to the point, im watching an ad about these pads for women and they show the material "we" have been using "forever" (to make the pads) in one hand, and the "Never-before-seen-material Infinicel(TM)" in the other.That got me thinking, however disgusting the context, that many many many many of these things will be used and discarded everyday.

Searches havn't brought me any success as to finding out about the materials used to make this "never-before-seen-material" or just what that is. Knowing big business and their much-more-often-then-not disregard for what could happen to the world around them wouldn't hesitate to make a cost efficient material that probably decomposes... but most likely into separate more dangerous forms of Never-before-seen-materials! joy. Again not everyone is just made of pure 100% bastard evil but it never hurts to ask.

I come here for this because i know that sites like this contain a lot of people who like to do research, some of which might be pretty out there but to each his own... seeing as how mine has taken me into this odd direction i couldnt judge... please reply with any information you can find about this, thanks!

Here's to hoping its just paper an I'm just bad at searching for new information lol

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm sure it's a total normal material and it's just marketing hype just like most businesses exaggerate and say they are selling "The Worlds Best ..."

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just hope they do the job.
Second probably gross, line!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'd just like to add that in respect to the subject of this thread -
Vagina jokes are NOT funny. Period.

edit on 3-4-2011 by routerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Im sure your right, it was just the way they showed the 2 materials and the lack of information about it that leads me to think it really is a new material. I was more curious to see if it was was just another "innovation" of petroleum products or if it was like you say just hype.

edit: I also agree with the above, there isn't a bloody thing funny about a vagina joke.
edit on 3-4-2011 by asafum08 because: fun

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by asafum08

That material struck me as odd too. Have you bought any? I haven't. But the add looks like its some memory foam type absorbable. One website showed that the material is called infincel and is not made with the mornal materials.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The Always Infinity is a new kind of women’s pad that is made with Infinicel.  Now on paper, Infinicel is a material that absorbs 10 times its own weight. 

www.productreviewsformom.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bestof83

I'm a guy which is what makes this topic really strange for me lol It just seemed odd and thinking about the fact that they are made to dispose would hopefully mean they covered the whole environmental issue but there's no info as to what it is so i'm just curious.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

asafum08, i too heard that commercial. I recall thinking: hopes its tested, or this time next year it will be on the 1-800-LandSharks commercials as the class action suits get under way.

as another poster mentioned, this may be marketing fluff designed to separate their product from the herd. i read of a USA beer bottler that employed a tag line mentioning their brew was "cold filtered". this ad campaign sold millions of bottles of happiness. the funny thing was, 'cold filtering' is just a common part of the brew / manufacturing beer process. most everyone did the same exact thing. but this one beer co had a ad company that was smart enough to make it seem like something special.

years ago while taking night time college courses i had a marketing teacher who was a life-long ad man. his claims to fame: he wrote the "Hi Guy!" tag line commercial (1970's) - a fellow in his bathroom opens the medicine cabinet mirrored door and there is a goofy fellow smiling back at him - Hi guy! (Alka Seltzer?). That, and he worked for the company that set Michael Jackson's hair on fire during production of a commercial.

any way, this teacher began the course by repeating this line three times very solemnly and loud: "advertising is the sole reason for the quality of life we live in America today". three times, loud and slow.

looking back now, I pity that poor deluded man. he really believed in it all. and he was the picture of failure, never getting the big account or the big break, divorced, balding and lonely. having to teach school at night in addition to a full timer so he can make alimony. standing in front of a group of second-string students in a night course for a community college. standing there, tired, hungry, damp, and still singing the praises of the system that had failed him. he was sold on selling people how to sell to people. i hope things improved for him. Peace!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Here is the trademark link.

www.trademarkia.com...

I just found it odd the first time I seen the commercial I'm not sure why. Just one of those 'things that make you go hmm'.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I encourage all women to boycott disposable hygiene products in favor of reusable ones. I use cloth pads and not only does it save me all the money that would otherwise be going into the pockets of companies like Johnson & Johnson, I feel good knowing I'm contributing less to the never-ending garbage problem. Also, products like the Moon Cup or the Keeper are good reusable alternatives to tampons, which are known to cause toxic shock syndrome (ESPECIALLY the bleached ones). After all, your body is obviously trying to get rid of the egg, blood, uterine lining and there are waste products your body wants to get rid of mixed in. Why would you try to keep it plugged up inside you?

And why are people so squeamish talking about this stuff? It's no more gross than sneezing or peeing, but because it's done by only half of the population it takes on a mystery and people get uncomfortable talking about it. Guys discuss their bodily functions in graphic detail but it's taboo for me to talk about mine?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mossflower
I encourage all women to boycott disposable hygiene products in favor of reusable ones. I use cloth pads and not only does it save me all the money that would otherwise be going into the pockets of companies like Johnson & Johnson, I feel good knowing I'm contributing less to the never-ending garbage problem. Also, products like the Moon Cup or the Keeper are good reusable alternatives to tampons, which are known to cause toxic shock syndrome (ESPECIALLY the bleached ones). After all, your body is obviously trying to get rid of the egg, blood, uterine lining and there are waste products your body wants to get rid of mixed in. Why would you try to keep it plugged up inside you?

And why are people so squeamish talking about this stuff? It's no more gross than sneezing or peeing, but because it's done by only half of the population it takes on a mystery and people get uncomfortable talking about it. Guys discuss their bodily functions in graphic detail but it's taboo for me to talk about mine?

I did not know there was such a thing as reusable pads... && I dont know that im all that comfortable even thinking about it. lol

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
....and while we all quietly fall for that, they laugh as they mass produce this alien reverse- engineered napkin, infiltrating our race through the only thing we can never forget, much less ever ignore.....turning our women into objects from venus that gravitate towards the synthetic instead of natural.....omg and its all governed by this artificial spaceship called the moon !?!?!

Something tells me its more biodegradeable than the disposable razor we use all the time....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bestof83

thanks for the link! i don't really know how to make sense of it. it seems to only have dates and the co's name

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mossflower

You know, I was trying to figure out why I reacted so squeamishly to reading your post (I'm a guy) because I too feel it's irrational. The only other things I could think of that make me react the same way is puke and getting kicked in the gonads. Odd thing on which to find myself thinking today, but it's a welcome change from my normal shallow ruminations...
Maybe the similarity between puke and menstruation (getting rid of something your body doesn't want) is the reason? I don't know.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gypsychology909

sometimes i need a slap of reality to get my mind off the one track i focus on, thanks for reminding me that disposable razors exist. albeit a good retort it is still the same problem, you dispose of a plastic (petroleum product) frequently. aliens have nothing to do with oil aliens have noting to do with pollution aliens have nothing to do with greed and this post had nothing to do with aliens. see the connection?

if it isn't a natural biodegradable product then those that care for those to come will choose to buy the proper product, but until the information is out there for people to find we have to question what we don't know. How about more deny ignorance and less "i'm so smart i'm gunna make fun of others"

p.s the moon is made of cheese fool.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mossflower

As a 'guy', I agree - we're not in the 1200s anymore. Anyone afraid of 'this' topic should probably just lock women away for one week a month and drop any pretense that they are 'modern' people ¬_¬

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Disposable absorbent product having an embossed pad containing a gel forming ... (by Harry G. Fitzgerald) [google.com/patents]

Catamenial device with an absorbent layer having admixture of discrete ... (by Robert T. Elias) [google.com/patents]

Title: Absorbent core for use in catamenial product.[ipexl.com/en/patents]

Abstract:
Curled, twisted cellulosic fibers are reduced in size by mechanical means, i.e., by refining. The refined fibers are formed into sheets which are used as an absorbent layer in diapers, bandages and, especially, in sanitary napkins. In one mode, the refined fibers can be used to provide shaped sanitary devices. In an optional mode, fibers having intra-fiber capillary channels can be used to direct fluids into absorbent sheets comprising the refined, curled cellulosic fibers.

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy
I'd just like to add that in respect to the subject of this thread -
Vagina jokes are NOT funny. Period.

If God had not intended it to be eaten, He wouldn't have shaped it like a taco!

Source

top topics

join