It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP 2012 budget to make $4 trillion-plus in cuts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There is plenty of ugly crap in the budget proposal...but the most offensive is the following in my opinion.

The budget eliminates Medicare for anyone 54 years of age or younger.

Instead the gov. will give those folks a voucher for some amount when they turn 67 (they also bumped up the age) and they can go out and theoretically find insurance in the private market.

Here's the rub...by the time someone is ready for retirement they have "pre-existing conditions" which is one of the main purposes of Medicare...it covers the elderly.

So even if the Gov. decides to no longer cover the elderly and instead give them a voucher which undoubtably will be for less than the insurance would cost...they can't get insurance anyways because of pre-existing conditions.

What about Healthcare Reform? Isn't that supposed to cover folks with pre-existing conditions? Yes...and Paul Ryan and the rest of the GOP want to repeal it. This budget even defunds several parts of it.

SO....How the hell are the elderly supposed to go out and get insurance in that wonderful "private market" that the GOP is sending them to? They won't be able to afford it with the voucher given rocketing costs and even for those few who can, private insurance companies won't cover them due to pre-existing conditions.

No joke...I heard a panel of non-partisan health Industry analysts and budget consultants wonder the same thing on the radio today. What the GOP has proposed will leave the elderly uninsured.

That is thier solution...pocket the Medicare contributions they have taken from folks, strip them of Medicare and hope they die before they can vote.

edit on 6-4-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
And the insane BS continues...Paul Ryan, the architect of the GOP Budget plan claims that Alice Rivlin and him designed the budget proposal....and Alice Rivlin explains that his plan is BS, not what they worked out and not pheasable.

Worth a full read and relevant to what I explain above.

Rivlin: ‘I don’t support the version of Medicare premium support in the Ryan plan’
By Ezra Klein

“Alice Rivlin and I designed these Medicare and Medicaid reforms,” Paul Ryan said on “Morning Joe” yesterday. “Alice Rivlin was Clinton’s OMB director… she’s a proud Democrat at the Brookings institution. These entitlement reforms are based off of those models that she and I worked on together.” But Rivlin — who is all that Ryan says she is, in addition to a former vice chair of the Federal Reserve — is not supporting the reforms as written in Ryan’s budget
www.washingtonpost.com... _blog.html
edit on 6-4-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join