It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati Claim From The Library Of Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Direct from the Library of Congress website:

Link.............

edit on 3-4-2011 by rstregooski because: link...

edit on 3-4-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Would you care to elaborate on this any?
Is there a message that you are trying to say by showing this 100+ yr old document?
Do you actually have any personal thought about it at all, other than-

Originally posted by rstregooski
Direct from the Library of Congress website:
Link.............

As far as I was aware, there is no disputing that the Illumanati did exist in the past. The only current question that I was aware of was whether or not they still do, and how much power do they have if the group does still exist.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Two names listed in the text.

François-Marie Arouet (French pronunciation: [fʁɑ̃swa maʁi aʁuˈwe]; 21 November 1694 – 30 May 1778), better known by the pen name Voltaire

Link

The Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") is a name given to several groups, both historical and modern, and both real and fictitious. Historically, the name refers specifically to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776.

Link

Yep, dates coincide. Around the same time with no reference to today.

You sir, have found history. Crazy...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
users.icnet.net...

This is simply an issue of a magazine archived in the Library of Congress. Nothing significant in its being in the Library of Congress; the curiosity would be why this "Indian Advocate" magazine was concerned about the Illuminati, which isn't much of a stretch to imagine.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Seeing as how the library of Congress has an immense collection of books on all topics, I would guarantee there are probably a hundred books (written by conspiracy theorists) about the Illuminati in their collection.

Why is that significant?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I'll admit I don't know as much on the topic of the illuminati than many others here.. I stumbled across this by accident. I just found its appearance at this source interesting.. And the description as well.
edit on 3-4-2011 by rstregooski because: dfdfg

top topics

join