It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwartzkopf speaks out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
it's about time someone who would be privy to such info doesnt buy the bs.

www.washingtonpost.com...

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by Grommer]

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by Grommer]

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Long link, you'll need to copy, and edit out the space...

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Schwartzkopf about 2 1/2 years ago in November of 2000. I had just started my new job here in NYC and was spending my first two weeks at the Union League Club (courtesy of my new employer).

Mr. Schwartzkopf was in town we shared a brief non-topical conversation in the lobby one morning. He's an outstanding person in every way you would like to measure someone.

One thing stands out in my mind, he was in the bar the evening of the election, when Bush was pronounced the final winner, all the other old-school republicans cheered for joy. But I noticed Mr. Schwartzkopf bow his head, pause, put out his cigar, and quietly leave. My intial thought, "what does he know?"

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
makes you wonder eh? Regardless of war or not, you have to really respect a General, that's a life long commitment to a position that is not easily achieved. I have the utmost respect for Schwartzkopf, but it really makes me worry that someone with much credibility is saying this. anyone else get that feeling?

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have been having a bad feeling all day. The weather is beautiful here but I can't get rid of the feeling that something very bad is going to happen soon. Schwartzkopf's tentativeness does not help much either.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Mr. Schwartzkopf's book, "It Doesn't Take A Hero" is an excellent read about insights into GWI and the politicians that got in the way of total victory.

He kept arguing that we're here now, right on Baghdad's doorstep - we need to finish this, or Saddam will haunt us later. How prophetic!

I admire that man,
Deep

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I saw Schwartzkopf on a speaking tour after GW1. Great guy.

I also want to add that the link in the original post was from January - Schwartzkopf was on Meet the Press a few weeks ago and his thoughts on the war changed, he does in fact support it now

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Is he helping out at all with this war, even as an adviser? I know he is retired but it seems he could be a big help with his knowledge and of course his experience from the last war. I admire him, maybe we can convince him to run for office.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
I saw Schwartzkopf on a speaking tour after GW1. Great guy.

I also want to add that the link in the original post was from January - Schwartzkopf was on Meet the Press a few weeks ago and his thoughts on the war changed, he does in fact support it now

LINK PLEASE

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
well then I apologize, I hadnt noticed the date on the article, my bad. It goes to show that he must be privy to better information than what was presented to the UN and what has been given to us as a nation for justification for this war. Do you happen to recall what was said on Meet the Press? I'd be curious to know, as I'm unable to find anything on the web site.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Pardon me for not finding a link before

Meet the press transcript:

www.msnbc.com...

He actually responds to a the Washington Post article, as asked by Russert. Transcripts are never fun to read through - but, watching Meet the Press is a must for any arm chair politician, like myself.

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
He was actually just on yesterday! The main guest was D. Rumsfeld, you have to scroll down about halfway to get to Schwarzkopf's comments.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
(and of course, I was unable to watch TV yesterday!)

They also replay these on CNBC, btw, later in the evening, that way if you drink too much Sat. night and need to sleep in to defeat a hangover you could still watch this wondeful show

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
More of the General:
� A special 'Operation Iraqi Freedom' Hardball with Chris Matthews. Guests include Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, Sen. John McCain, republican pollster Frank Luntz, MSNBC analyst William Arkin, and David Gergen. Monday, March 24, 6:30 - 8 p.m. ET.

Could be interesting.

new topics

top topics

join