It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i feel fox news and this new conservative movement has lost touch with the middle class americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
i feel fox news and this new conservative movement has lost touch with the middle class americans. the idea of giving 250,000+ tax breaks/estate tax breaks, which were only meant to be temporary under W Bush keeps going on under the disguise of bad economy..... thus losing 1 trillion dollars due to the extension of BUSH tax cuts.....
plus mean while, giving several trillions in bailouts to the rich for their failure in their gambling activities which made them back whole again. probably even richer.

but at the same time, worried batsh*t crazy over over-spending "money" that we don't have "all of sudden" "out of nowhere" (by the way US money is printed at whim and is equally currency manipulator like the chinese)... shouting out fiscal responsibility blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

and lately you see stuff in Wisconsin... where while the corporations=rich are getting tax breaks and incentives.... while you see the government trying to break unions, increasing taxes, increasing costs, decreasing spending, decreasing benefits for the middle class....

I know you think this is just in "Wisconsin".... but I see that this happening on a bigger scale everywhere.

You start seeing in vivo how the few in power attempts to enrich themselves through legal means, by mooching/taking/plundering from the majority who has little power. Something that you probably will read in the communist manifesto.

what the tea party movement allegedly supports, it is entirely incongruent to their actual beliefs. They are being played on like fools like a puppet. the more i think about the this tea party, the more i feel these people are random.

We all know that empire/superpower will fail. history tells us that. we know that inherent as well. there are no perfect system. i hope US will continue to flourish.

BUT if the country were to fail, or in the process of failing, then I hope that at least the history will show that the laws supported and fought for the majority rather than the minority.

edit on 3-4-2011 by saabacura because: edit my title

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

Can I just say this?

Don't watch fox news.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
or it could just be that they lie about EVERYTHING. one way or another, they lie, or omit some detail that could completely change how its percieved. on the daily.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I thought Fox was meant to be Fair and balanced and should not be backing any one party, thats how it works right?
edit on 3-4-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
watch john stossel on fox.

you will be surprised what his views are.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The Conservative movement in America has NEVER been in touch with middle class Americans.

Conservatives believe that anyone who isn't insanely wealthy must be lazy and must be inferior. Unfortunately they have also brainwashed the masses into believing that if they aren't rich, they are temporarily embarrassed millionaires, and that some day, they too will be wealthy beyond their wildest dreams if only they stick up for the wealthy.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

lol fools. if you think any side has your back you need to take a critical thinking class, i personally think every state should have a president with his best interests in the state he represents

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontProbeMeBro

Can I just say this?

Don't watch fox news.

it is no longer an issue of being left vs right. it is not about arguing over cultural values, costumes, beliefs, faith....
all meaningless in grand scheme of things.....
putting these issues aside,

USA is going through class warfare. (it seems everywhere in the world is going through this as well)

edit on 3-4-2011 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
watch john stossel on fox.

you will be surprised what his views are.

yes, I rarely see his show but a while ago, i saw his episode on green energy movement which equaled to free electric golf carts paid by uncle sam.. and tax breaks if you raised llama.

but recently, i saw this insidious episode on tax breaks for "farmers"

you are rich like example Ted Turner or Bon Jovi can have 100s acres of land, and have few bee hives and grow some government certified crops call yourself an "official farmer" and get huge tax cuts..............while an average person with 1 or 2 acres of land in the same area will end up paying more taxes than guys like ted turner...etc

highly highly damning episode it was.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

edit on 3-4-2011 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Middle class, class, class class class...Lower Class class class class class.

upper class class class class.

It's all about class with you people.

And then you'll tell me you don't believe in class warfare.

edit on 3-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The Conservative movement in America has NEVER been in touch with middle class Americans.

This post and the entire thread are just so much BS and most of the people posting on it seem to be self-delusional about Fox News.

Why? How can you know that it's false that Fox News had lost touch with the middle class for yourself?

Ratings.

Who's watching Fox News and giving it higher ratings than the rest of MSM combined?

Answer: The middle class ...

Keep dreaming if you must.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
And then you'll tell me you don't believe in class warfare.

How could you not believe in it ? The bankers have been waging a war against common people for almost 100 years.

Case in point: In 1913 when the Fed started and the current income tax started, the personal exemption for individuals was $3000. Adjusted for inflation - about $57,000. Meaning you could earn up to that and pay nothing in federal income tax. The idea meaning the feds would let you keep enough to earn a decent living, buy your food, clothe your children, keep up your residence or farm.

In 2011, the current personal exemption is $3,700 in nominal dollars. Meaning someone living far below the federal poverty line is required to give up some fraction of their meager income to fund overseas wars and foreign aid to countries like Israel and Egypt. Meanwhile corporations like GE pay no tax on BILLIONS of income, and we hear millionaires complain incessantly about a 3% tax increase on any income over $250,000 a year. Income has not been this stratified since the 1920s, when you had robber barons burning yule logs of $100 bills and bathing in vintage champagne while millions stood out in the cold waiting for a loaf in the bread lines.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Ratings.

Fox has a dedicated group of ignorant sheep that lap up their BS without question.

That audience certainly isn't representative of the middle class. Yeah statistically most of their viewers probably are middle class, meaning they earn between 25-100 grand a year, but most middle class people do not watch Fox. What are their average viewership numbers ? 4-5 million for the most popular shows ? Topping out at 7-8 for O'Lielly ? Also a little known secret is much of Fox's audience is geriatric.

That's not even close to a majority of the middle class in this country.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Originally posted by centurion1211
Ratings.

Fox has a dedicated group of ignorant sheep that lap up their BS without question.

That audience certainly isn't representative of the middle class. Yeah statistically most of their viewers probably are middle class, meaning they earn between 25-100 grand a year, but most middle class people do not watch Fox. What are their average viewership numbers ? 4-5 million for the most popular shows ? Topping out at 7-8 for O'Lielly ? Also a little known secret is much of Fox's audience is geriatric.

That's not even close to a majority of the middle class in this country.

That's simply your opinion - wishful thinking really - against scientific fact.

Guess which one really matters - in the real world ...

Expanding on what I said earlier, fantasize that most voters are liberal "progressives" if you must.

The reality is that CNN, MSNBC, HuffPo and DailyKos are the ones with "a dedicated (but statistically small) group of ignorant sheep that lap up their BS without question".

Also hypocritical that some liberals here would throw insults like you have but then push the alert button because someone "misspells" obama's name to also make a political point. (where's the crybaby icon when I need it?)

And being an older American is a problem for you? Sounds very elitist and also quite hypocritical since you likely have older relatives and no doubt hope to be one yourself someday.

edit on 4/4/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

I don't believe in it because I've know many rich people in my life who have gone out of their way for me and my family and they could have easily just ignored me. And yes I do mean rich.

I am not rich, nor am I really in the middle class, but I eat every day, I work, and I stay pretty comfortable while i work on other things that someday will hopefully increase my living standard.

Hope fully I get rich.

Does that mean I'm greedy and heartless? No. I've let homeless stay in my home. I've fed those that need to be fed...I've been taken advantage of, I've been stolen from, and you know what? I'm a lot more careful now about my charity to others as a result.

I want my money to work for me when I engage in charity. To me, charity is investing in people, so that those people PRODUCE something to help themselves and hopefully, help other someday too.

I am not ashamed of making money and enjoying finer things. I PERSONALLY feel a responsibility to my fellow man, but I don't need someone else trying to force charity out of me when it is I who can better choose how my money and other charitable contributions will work out.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thank FDR for you and your Social Democratic friends bringing class division into our national political scene. Prior to your entrance into office and your part of the Democratic Party taking over people knew how economics worked and how, even why, the rich got rich and the poor were poor. They knew that the only impediment to them becoming wealthy was their knowledge, the government, and their unwillingness to work hard.

The only ones who complained about “why am I so poor?” were the ones skipping job to job or just laying up all day. Then the FDR Liberals came in and told them that they are just as deserving to good living standards as the man who works 16 hours a day or the man who went to college for 5 years and worked his way up at his job.

I do not fall for the class warfare mentality but what I do believe is that many people on Wall Street are in bed with the crooks in Washington which allows them to get away with criminal actions. Much of the wealth that those people earned was through corporate welfare and bribery. Which means instead of being the crooks Washington, especially the courts, should protect us from the crooks. Unfortunately all wealthy get lumped into the same category as the top 0.01% of Americans who are the real crooks. But even then 70%+ of their wealth was at least legitimately earned.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
classwarfare now where have i heard this before oh yeah pre world war 2 germany when are you people going to stop blaming other people for all your problems eh.

hey lets just round them all up and put them in concentration camps and send all the right and the teaparties to the gas chambers.,

the haters of fox news you know those people who just hate that news channel you know those people who want them taken off the air you know those same people who never ever can say anything bad about anyother news outlet on the air in america.

you people remind me of the book burners killing any other thoughts but your own only the master race "the liberals or democrats " have the right to exist in this country.

you people sound like a bunch of nazis to me your actions do nothing but confirm it and yes you people have your gestapo news outlets and on the internet with your disinformation and smere campaigns because the only voice in this country that is allowed is your own.

news is news who caresd there is freedom of speech in this country and freedom of expression no news outlet is different than any other outlet and if one is out of touch they all are.

i leave with this quote from teresa stover

“Manipulators rarely advise you to seek new and diverse information or to ‘learn and research for yourself,’ it tends to be safer for exploitative and irresponsible leaders to keep their citizens in the dark; in their view less independent thought is better. Independent thought leads to an inquiring mind, a mindset that eventually leads to the questioning of authority figures, and that is the one thing that inadequate leaders do not want. When a leader discourages questioning of his/her leadership style, actions, and motivations, that is a sign that they have something to hide, that they may not be worthy of the public’s trust. A responsive leader welcomes and encourages questions from the citizens that have entrusted them with their safety, economic stability, and their confidence that a certain level of civility in society will be constant. Responsive leaders would be appalled, disappointed and disgusted if the public did not question such factors.”

bah

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have found I can get as much accurate information watching the Onion News Network as I do on Fox.

At least the anchor is more attractive than the ones they have on Fox.

new topics

top topics

join