It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spouse Has No Will? No Problem. We'll Just Take Your House.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So here is an interesting fricken sad story of more abuse. This lady had been living in this house for years, but her husband died with no will, and so for the courts that's just another opportunity. Take the house.

And protesters? Just arrest them. No problem.

America, it is coming. You've tried all the peaceful solutions. Deaf ears. No one cares. Next it WILL be you. Only one thing left to do.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This is simply evil, there is no other word for it.

We have allowed greed and corruption to overtake this country, but I say no longer!

How can we just stand by and allow this to continue?
edit on 2-4-2011 by Nurv47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
She is not being evicted because her husband didn't have a will, she is/was being evicted because they didn't pay their mortgage and the house went into foreclosure.

The foreclosure debate is a whole separate issue. I hope that she is successful in getting things sorted out, but this has nothing to do with a lack of will.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
She is not being evicted because her husband didn't have a will, she is/was being evicted because they didn't pay their mortgage and the house went into foreclosure.

The foreclosure debate is a whole separate issue. I hope that she is successful in getting things sorted out, but this has nothing to do with a lack of will.

BS. It said right in the video that the bank was refusing the payments, and the house was well kept up.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

BS. It said right in the video that the bank was refusing the payments, and the house was well kept up.

Yes, because the home was already foreclosed on for lack of payment, and the family was forcibly removed from the premises. The bank also did to her, like many others, where they refused to modify the loan, still the cause of eviction was not a lack of will. However, once a home is foreclosed on, the bank will not accept payment.

community.habitants.org...

Catherine Lennon lived at 9 Ravenwood Ave. in Rochester for seven years. Economic hard times forced some of her children and grandchildren to move into the home and the family to miss some mortgage payments. Bank of America began foreclosure proceedings shortly after Catherine’s husband died of cancer. Fannie Mae, recipient of a $90 billion taxpayer bailout, took over the home and proceeded to evict the extended family of 11.

After a flurry of supporter calls, emails and viral videos of intense media scrutiny, the very next day, US congresswoman Louise Slaughter (NY-28) directly intervened, convening a conference call between Catherine and high level Fannie Mae officials, who are now re-reviewing her case. In addition, TBL- Rochester was contacted directly by the offices of Senators Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, both of whom committed to step up efforts to assist the family.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I dont think we are getting the whole story on this one. The reporter says that she was able to make the payments, but then why the people sitting in on her house get arrested?

The mortgage had to be in default/forclosure IMHO.

Im not going to jump to conclusions like so many "Knee jerk" reactionaries love to do on these things.

I will wait to see the facts.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

If you'll listen to the video you'll hear her/them say she has been paying the mortgage and paying it on time. I posted this same video a few hrs. ago in "America and one of her finest moments", this is how I know what was said. So, it was about some other reason....Probably because the title was in her husbands name and without a will it couldn't go to her so the bank just takes possession of it with all their power these days...She, we, they always lose everything as it stands right now....
edit on 2-4-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

The group that organized the protests along with Mrs. Lennon, acknowledge that she missed payments, take back the land. The fact that Fannie Mae refused to renegotiate with her was the issue, particularly due to the amount of hardship that she faced, both personally and financially. But still.....it has nothing to do with a will.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
She should of just got a job at MCD's to pay the bills. And it is obvious she bought something she could not afford. I bet she gets foodstamps and other "Entitlements" that us republican taxpayers are sick of paying.

Sarcasim guys..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I own my home but if I didn't and they came to throw me out I would burn the SOB down before I gave it to the banksters.....When people come together and refuse in masses to not get out something will then be done about it, not until....They are just out right stealing peoples homes. How do you pay for anything anyway with a FR note. A instrument of debt? You can't...Under the Constitution money has to be gold or silver.... F*** these money grubbing Creatures....
edit on 2-4-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomadmonkey
I dont think we are getting the whole story on this one. The reporter says that she was able to make the payments, but then why the people sitting in on her house get arrested?

The mortgage had to be in default/forclosure IMHO.

Im not going to jump to conclusions like so many "Knee jerk" reactionaries love to do on these things.

I will wait to see the facts.

The property was foreclosed September 2009, with a deed back to Federal National Mortgage Association in January 2010. So they lived there after it was foreclosed for more than a year.
searching4truth is right, it has nothing to do with a will. I looked up the court papers and they show her as heir to the estate along with others that I assume are the children as they would have inherited a share if the father has no will and the deed was in his name only. This is not the only property he had that was foreclosed.

So, there's some facts.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
IMO, it doesn't matter if she came into hard times and missed a few mortgage payments. Her husband died!

Can we not be a little flexible with people that come on hard times or situations? What ever happened to the local banker that knew your name and cared for your welfare because they were your neighbors? They were willing to work with you when times were tough.

That is gone as now our neighborly bankers are nothing more than computer programs that decide if you lucky enough to qualify for a loan, and then automatically begin foreclosure because you hit hard times and missed a few payments.

I think there is a bigger picture to be seen here other than she got what she deserved because she missed payments. Some of your comments show EXACTLY why we are in the mess we are in!
edit on 2-4-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I can't stand this kind of thing, how has it come to this were we have to physically fight for what is ours? It makes no sense to me, how did it get this way how can these greedy bastards be allowed to right this kind bs into the books and then the courts actually enforce it, mind boggling.

My grandfather is currently fighting lung cancer, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one keeping a positive attitude about this. With certain family members the sky is perpetually falling, every little change means he's going to die any second now. He wasn't suppose to make it to Thanksgiving according to the naysayers, I'll never throw it their faces out of respect as we all handle thing differently and I understand that, I've never been one to gloat and I won't start now but I'm right he's still with us.

How does this relate to the topic? He doesn't want to make a will, his exact words "The state will figure it out." I about fell on the floor. Now I don't want to upset him so I kept my mouth shut but I was sure to let everyone else know exactly why that is such a horrible idea, and it's stories like this. I stressed the fact to my mother that I don't want anything but please do not let him pass away without taking care of this. I pride myself with being able to remain calm turn the other cheek and not hold any anger towards anyone, it's taken years to get to this point. But when I imagine some smug lawyer serving my grandmother an eviction notice I start to boil. My grandfather literally built that house with his own two hands, if some pos suit tried to take it, I'll leave it at that.

I really feel for that lady, this type of thing should not be allowed to happen period.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Thanks for that info.

As for other people who are all bent out shape about this... She did not pay the mortgage and only lived there for like what 5 years? Thats the way things work. Pay the bills or sell and get out. Is she the first woman to have her husband die? NO. Im sick of this type of crap. People take a snapshop image, of a isolated incident and get all bent out of shape about it, then by next week they forget about it, and move on to some other BS.

top topics

join