It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient tablet bears writing, to scientists' surprise

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

this is how I understand the flood

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

But that doesn't fit with any theories of the Great Flood -- did you just mean a general flood in the region?

One of my own theories...

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1 & Part-2

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Truly sorry here! I am not a mean person and sometimes, I know a joke can point in many directions, some unfortunate. I was not criticizing you or your comment in any way!

It's just that scientists can say the darnedest things an it will be taken for cash automatically...

About the sock things, it might take longer than I thought to find. I made research on the history of clothing, a few years back and I stumbled on that info then. I will have to trace back my research from what I put on paper. There is still the possibility that it was gibberish to begin with, in which case I will offer sincere apologies!

Sorry for sounding off-topic now!

I noticed some suffixes, or word particles, that survived even to this day, given they were "modernized". Modern language is a patchwork and I find it very fascinating when we can trace back its origin to its various sources. And then further to the source...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

But this event doesn't match with that -- truly impressive and well-thought out -- theory either! None of your dates suggest that the flood was anywhere near 3350 years ago; the latest recession of the waters that you suggest is 4000 BC, about 6000 years ago.

How are you connecting this stone to the flood?!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

The original quote was as follows....

Originally posted by Solasis

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
A flood would have destroyed most Clay tablets, the Oral traditions were taught so that we would have them today. I expect more finds like this, in fact that Jordanian Copper booklet was recently in the news. There is a lot out there! Star for the find!

The Flood, if it happened, would have been long before the making of this tablet. This tablet is from a period of history that we understand fairly well, as compared to our knowledge of the time when the flood would've been.

theindependentjournal wrote.... "A" flood, Then you replied with "The Flood"

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Alright, my bad. I thought you were referring to the flood, and then I thought your reply indicated that I was right, but you interpreted The flood as a biblical thing.

Wish you could've just said "I meant a local flood" though :p

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join