It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KIA Introduces Wind-Powered Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Automotive April Fool's pranks

Aero-Soul not so aero-dynamic

Rather than cheating the wind, South Korea's Kia Motors announced a bizarre system of harnessing wind energy. Called the Air Propulsion and Retardation Installation Line (um, APRIL), it could be optionally fitted to the Kia Soul to save previous fuel. The APRIL system uses ungainly front and rear apparatus to measure wind speed. When the breeze is strong enough, the system deploys large panels from the front and rear bumpers to capture the power of the wind. Kia boasted that the system could reduce fuel consumption by an astounding 25 to 40 per cent, and generously increase brake-pad life. Apparently, the APRIL system both sucks and blows at the same time.

April fools

Guiz, since cooperations have their own identity, Kia made their own little joke.

Hope you all enjoyed, i thought it was a bit funny, too bad it took me a second to realize :[

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

You know the automotive industry is going downhill when pursuing clean energy is literally a joke to them. Still I got a good laugh out of it, especially because I re-read that anagram APRIL like four times and still didn't catch on that it was an April fools goof.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

It was believable until the quote said "um..." and then...well then you said April Fools then in which i realized it's not April Fools Day...Your thread was was so funny because there actually is one...

Wow this post is really bad...It's not even organized

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wind as in air or wind as in clock?

"WIND" CAR

top topics

join