It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You. Your Cigarettes. Radiation Worse Than Chernobyl. What Corporation’s DON’T want you to know.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
oh that is so good to know.
I feel so much safer now.
knowing I dont have to worry about the jap radiation any more.

why try to say its ok and you are geting worse from this and that?
you are just trying to help them get away with poisoning us all.
by saying some thing is doing it allready?

so this makes it ok???

if I am up stairs and some one sets my bed room on fire.
is that ok, becouse the down stairs was on fire first?

its all lyes any way.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Bhudda

You are not understanding what is being said about the differences in radiation. The types of radiations that are discharged from nuclear power plants are alpha, beta and gamma.

Its like comparing the risk to life and well being that is caused when your roof is on fire to the risk of having a pilot light on to heat your hot water!

Stop living in a state of fear!!!! These people - like the original poster have an interest in making you afraid. Most of it related to money!

I have already posted the real fact that the countries with the highest prevalance of smokers in the general population are the countries with the lowest incidence of lung cancer.

How does that jive with what you are being told about the risks of smoking and its link to lung cancer?????

Can you not understand that you are being lied to?

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What really irritates me is the arrogance of non-smokers, especially former smokers. In my experience, smokers are general happier, more friendly, and more laid back about their lives. They (we) are becoming a tightly knit minority, with our "bad behavior" as the glue that holds us together; it transcends race, age, occupation, gender, orientation, all of it.

If you work for a giant corporation at one of the metropolitan branches, and maybe 5% of the employees smoke, and all are required to go outside to a stiff bench, but STILL they can joke and laugh and know each other and bond over family issues, work issues, current events, simply watching the world go by or the taxi drivers' behavior....well, they WILL become friends, and welcome all comers, from any department: accounting, front desk, F&B, HR, A/V,. engineering, housekeeping, catering, sales, security....ALL mingling regardless of status as manager or grunt, college kid or grandparent....ALL will talk and mingle and support one another as human beings with issues.

And they will do it in rain, sleet, snow, freezing cold, jungle hot....
and be happy to see one another...

Or if you take the train (which I do several times a year), and ask the conductors when is a station stop long enough for a smoke (if the engineer doesn't announce it on the PA system), and find that most of them are smokers, and they are happy to tell you when, and even awaken you from a nap so you don't miss the smoke break....
and then you all move to the vestibule together and wait for the train to stop, climb off, light up, all smiles and comraderie....THAT is humanity at its finest. Judge if you will - but smokers are happier and more accepting of the world than non-smokers.

AND, we are tired of being persecuted and shamed and denegraded as second-class citizens.

Now, considering that REAL science says that fewer than 10% of smokers will get smoking-related disease (Look further than anti-smoking campaign pages!), and that it's been established that a genetic predisposition for cancer is the real culprit, and adding all this to the personalities stubborn enough to smoke despite its stigma.......

We stick together, with compassion, sympathy, and humor. I used to joke with my co-smoker-workers, and the hotel guests who wanted the smoking rooms,

(of which there were 25 in a hotel with 720 rooms - a major convention hotel that attracted many annual conventions of people who were most likely smokers - like plumbers, railroad workers, and other so-called "blue-collar" persons but heaven forbid anyone say the "U" word)..

--I used to joke that I was going to start my own airline for SMOKERS ONLY, and a hotel chain for SMOKERS ONLY. I heard Hooters tried to do it. (And while I refuse to patronize Hooters for obvious reasons, kudos to them for the thought.)

And we also all knew why the guests who were denied a smoking room were angry. The non-smoking staff thought they were ridiculous.
But those of us who smoke, know that if you want smokers to be happy, LET THEM SMOKE.

Now - my final point. The WORST offenders are often people who used to smoke (though certainly not all of them are like this), and are now "health nuts" - and they go "running" every day, no matter the weather, and where do they do it?

On MAJOR STREETS AND HIGHWAYS, where the pollution is terrible!! They'll breathe diesel exhaust and burning oil from hoopdies and factory emissions, but come across a group of smokers on an outdoor smoke break? Oh God! Cross the street and speed up -- sprint past them!!! Poison! Poison!

Sheesh.
Give it a rest please. Yeah, or call it a disease, addiction, whatever. Just, BACK OFF.

Stress is a much bigger problem than inhaling smoke.
And blacklights, yeah, you use those to find semen, cat piss, all manner of things. Pulleez. All things that glow in the dark are not "radioactive." Or else, well, we're all sunk.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with that one.
We're all sunk.

...smoke break! ...ttyl

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

Originally posted by wiredamerican
There is a conspiracy that the radiation in cigarette smoke is actually beneficial to the human body and prevents many diseases that non smokers get normally .

Government health organizations say smoking is bad because the big business owners and think-tanks figured out that smokers need far less health care than non smokers.

I think there is something to this. My wife (a non smoker) has said many times that NONE of the smokers she knows get sick while all the non-smokers take turns passing the plague.

I smoke from 1/2 to a pack a day and had the flue....10 years ago. Not so much as a sniffle in the time passing.

I wonder if there have been any studies done to see if smoking limits the growth or spread of viruses and/or bacteria in the respiratory pathways? Seems possible.

I'm against smoking, but there's always gray in this world. That's why I'm not anti-smoking. Anytime you take sides no matter what the issue is you cloud your mind. I'm open to smoking being good sometimes and possibly even good for some people. Never know for sure.

If you're not smoking now, please don't. I don't go out in hte world telling people not to smoke. I just stick to facts and keep an open mind. Smoking tobacco is the most addictive thing you can do, even more so than crack coc aine. That's why the tobacco companies sell it: it makes them profit. This knowledge has made me mindful of predatory business practices. All of us on this planet exploit something. Sometimes we exploit too much. We need a government to keep an eye on things. But if the government stops serving us and starts to serve itself then it's no longer of the people and then it becomes a problem. That's off-topic, of course. I was just saying, in a roundabout way, that my knowledge about tobacco has led me to learn about other things.
edit on 3-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Impressive BP, I'm bookmarking this thread for when I get serious about quitting. Sad isn't it that even after reading all the info here I'm not ready to quit?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Stop living in a state of fear!!!! These people - like the original poster have an interest in making you afraid. Most of it related to money!

I beg to differ. I am not a scaremonger...and have no interesting in making people afraid.
My only desire is to make more people aware.
I came across this subject, found it a bit fascinating and just showing ONE of the sides to this debate.

Why did I find this interesting? Because the websites which detailed this are either government related or credible sites i.e. NewScientist.

Each and everyone of you have your OWN opinion, but from what I've researched, it caused alarm bells to ring.
Yes, your post that detailed anti-carcinogens and stuff...that is true...but this radiation may have a larger effect, causing the resultant effect to be negative.

reply to post by bismarcksea

In my opinion...it depends...if your family has smokers in the pass...you may be adapted to have less effects from the radiation?
Just a guess?

Thanks to everyone who has replied though

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thank God for medical M.J.....only love goes into the wonderful bounty you yield

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'll join you on that smoke break, Wildtimes!! You were able to verbalize my thoughts exactly on this subject. Enough is enough already with the persecution of smokers. When I am in public I feel like a criminal if I stand aside to light up!

Excellent post OP, but honestly, I don't believe cigarettes are any deadlier than all the crap food we eat that has some poisonous pesticides and additives as does tobacco. Cigarettes might give some of us cancer, but this bad food and other environmental poisons could also give some people cancer. The fact is, we choose to smoke regardless of the consequences, and we choose to eat crap food because it's convenient and pretty even though we have been warned about the negative effects. Humans are slaves to self-gratification no matter what.

In society today, it is almost impossible to avoid bad stuff...it's everywhere, so why not get a little pleasure from it along the way?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Your uncle spent his youth with healthy non-processed/low-processed foods.
Just like all of our great grandparents. (if your about 30 yr old)

Their bodies had good nutrients and rich foods to grow with, and those resources caused truly good health and long life.

Our modern bodies are filled with crap chemicals from day one.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Artanis667

Here is a link that im sure you have already seen, remeber though it is all just speculation.. .. ..

www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-4-2011 by santjime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This article gives some great information on how the debate about smoking began and why it was instigated to justify higher taxes on cigarettes. We have been lied to and manipulated because of our addiction to cigarettes and they laugh all the way to the bank!

www.matrixbookstore.biz...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have been smoking 2 packs a day for the last 23 years. I look 10 years younger than my current age and rarely ever get sick.Perhaps Ann Coulter was right.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
2 Great grandfathers one 83 other 79 both smoke 2 packs a day still kicking with no health problems. one grandpa/grandma both 66 smoke 2-3 packs a day each no health problems. Weird how this has no effect on them?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
this is awesome NOT! i just quit smoking all types of smoke 2 weeks ago due to my dream with a other being telling me to quit so that they can contact me later on

QUIT NOW BEFORE IT GETS WORSE

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
What really irritates me is the arrogance of non-smokers, especially former smokers. In my experience, smokers are general happier, more friendly, and more laid back about their lives. They (we) are becoming a tightly knit minority, with our "bad behavior" as the glue that holds us together; it transcends race, age, occupation, gender, orientation, all of it.

If you work for a giant corporation at one of the metropolitan branches, and maybe 5% of the employees smoke, and all are required to go outside to a stiff bench, but STILL they can joke and laugh and know each other and bond over family issues, work issues, current events, simply watching the world go by or the taxi drivers' behavior....well, they WILL become friends, and welcome all comers, from any department: accounting, front desk, F&B, HR, A/V,. engineering, housekeeping, catering, sales, security....ALL mingling regardless of status as manager or grunt, college kid or grandparent....ALL will talk and mingle and support one another as human beings with issues.

Or if you take the train (which I do several times a year), and ask the conductors when is a station stop long enough for a smoke (if the engineer doesn't announce it on the PA system), and find that most of them are smokers, and they are happy to tell you when, and even awaken you from a nap so you don't miss the smoke break....
and then you all move to the vestibule together and wait for the train to stop, climb off, light up, all smiles and comraderie....THAT is humanity at its finest. Judge if you will - but smokers are happier and more accepting of the world than non-smokers.

AND, we are tired of being persecuted and shamed and denegraded as second-class citizens.

Now, considering that REAL science says that fewer than 10% of smokers will get smoking-related disease (Look further than anti-smoking campaign pages!), and that it's been established that a genetic predisposition for cancer is the real culprit, and adding all this to the personalities stubborn enough to smoke despite its stigma.......

We stick together, with compassion, sympathy, and humor. I used to joke with my co-smoker-workers, and the hotel guests who wanted the smoking rooms,

(of which there were 25 in a hotel with 720 rooms - a major convention hotel that attracted many annual conventions of people who were most likely smokers - like plumbers, railroad workers, and other so-called "blue-collar" persons but heaven forbid anyone say the "U" word)..

--I used to joke that I was going to start my own airline for SMOKERS ONLY, and a hotel chain for SMOKERS ONLY. I heard Hooters tried to do it. (And while I refuse to patronize Hooters for obvious reasons, kudos to them for the thought.)

And we also all knew why the guests who were denied a smoking room were angry. The non-smoking staff thought they were ridiculous.
But those of us who smoke, know that if you want smokers to be happy, LET THEM SMOKE.

Now - my final point. The WORST offenders are often people who used to smoke (though certainly not all of them are like this), and are now "health nuts" - and they go "running" every day, no matter the weather, and where do they do it?

On MAJOR STREETS AND HIGHWAYS, where the pollution is terrible!! They'll breathe diesel exhaust and burning oil from hoopdies and factory emissions, but come across a group of smokers on an outdoor smoke break? Oh God! Cross the street and speed up -- sprint past them!!! Poison! Poison!

Sheesh.
Give it a rest please. Yeah, or call it a disease, addiction, whatever. Just, BACK OFF.

And blacklights, yeah, you use those to find semen, cat piss, all manner of things. Pulleez. All things that glow in the dark are not "radioactive." Or else, well, we're all sunk.

We're all sunk.

...smoke break! ...ttyl

Ironic. What bothers me is the arrogance of SMOKERS.

Smoking is a disgusting habit. Smoking is vile and useless. Smokers are some of the most weak, stupid and apathetic people on this planet. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from smoking, yet everything to lose.

In short, smokers are losers.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
When they came out with the FSC cigs I started ordering from Europe.

They come from the Ukraine...and they are not FSC.

I'm not glowing in the dark yet...

Give it some time, you will! Trust me.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRCrowley

Sheesh.

We're all sunk.

...smoke break! ...ttyl

Smoking is a disgusting habit. Smoking is vile and useless. Smokers are some of the most weak, stupid and apathetic people on this planet. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from smoking, yet everything to lose.

Yeah Ironic is the word I would use too...this is not arrogant HOW? To each thier own, you don't smoke some people do...it is all personal choice. Anyone who thinks smokers have not had thier rights diminished is delusional. I now have to buy the brand cigarettes I smoke from Indonesia because they are no longer sold in the U.S. at retail because they are flavored (clove) and supposedly market to kids.....puhleeze. Every kid I know starts on something like Marboro Red, not Djarum Black (which when sold at retail in the U.S. costed more money anyways). Maybe smoking is not the best habit one can take up but big deal. It is not for everyone and everyone is entitled to make thier own choices.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

Originally posted by wiredamerican
There is a conspiracy that the radiation in cigarette smoke is actually beneficial to the human body and prevents many diseases that non smokers get normally .

Government health organizations say smoking is bad because the big business owners and think-tanks figured out that smokers need far less health care than non smokers.

I think there is something to this. My wife (a non smoker) has said many times that NONE of the smokers she knows get sick while all the non-smokers take turns passing the plague.

I smoke from 1/2 to a pack a day and had the flue....10 years ago. Not so much as a sniffle in the time passing.

Yes, I will probably die of lung cancer or emphysema due to smoking cigarettes, since age 12, now 45. But I have to agree with this; I never get sick, and most of the smokers I know don't get sick either. I'm part of a "social group" which gathers several times a week. There is almost always some sort of flu or cold or whatnot being passed back and forth. I haven't been truly sick since I was a kid.

Maybe our bodies are so toxic it will sustain no bacteria or virus

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I think what bothers the government and people like yourself is our ARROGANCE; that in spite of all the personal bashing smoker's take as a group, we don't give a rat's ass what OTHER people think. The rebellious nature of smoker's really pisses off the weak, afraid, followers of the world...and the people trying to control the masses.

How about personal enjoyment? I smoke because I enjoy smoking...

And even more, what I enjoy most of all...PISSING OFF people like yourself, the judges, the jurors, and executioner's of all mankind.

That you DON'T smoke...doesn't bother me a bit.
edit on 3-4-2011 by odd1out because: who cares???

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I should have told my uncle this. He died at age 96 after smoking 2 packs of either Camel, Chesterfield, or Pall Mall every day since he was 14 yrs. old living on the family's tobacco farm....I guess what the paid media says is true after all...Radiation will not hurt you......Be Happy, Don't Worry....

Lived to 96? If anything, I want to smoke now haha

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join