It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Because America Needs Four More Years of Change!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by 46ACE

"wanna be slave traders": "RACISM" WUK????What is that a required kneejerk response to constitutional arguments? Sure throw that in:" The constitution is "bad" because it abided .. "racially based slavery"; which was both common and legal in those days... not "right" but accepted..

Am I wrong?

The TEA Parties favorite founding father Thomas Jefferson was a well known slave owner.

Is this a coincidence? I don't think so.

Is it a coincidence that TEA Partiers want a return to "the original US Constitution"? no I don't think so. They want that because the Bill of Rights hadn't been ratified in the original US Constitution, nor had the 13th Amendment.

These people aren't stupid. They just didn't overlook these facts. They PLANNED on the people ignoring these facts.

It's because they WANT a return of legalized slavery. They want this so badly now because of this particular president, they want slavery.

This is the REAL TEA Party for you, the REAL people that want "A return to the original US Constitution of Thomas Jefferson"

Twist it any which way you want: the hundred or so middle aged working class folks at our meetings do not have a secret racist agenda to own slaves ;you moron. good night.
edit on 3-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Honestly...I don't see any way back from this quagmire. That is in regards to the future of the United States...I am quite pessimistic. Our financial sectors are beyond corrupted, each executive branch of the government is as well. Our national debt will never be recovered....the US went from creditor to major debtor and our industries are being shipped overseas. The majority of states also suffer from decifits and rising umemployment...not to mention the adjustment gaps between cost-of-living and inflation are beginning to widen even more...this will of course cause a slow, but ultimate deterioration of the middle-class in due time.

The only future I see for the US is not a pretty one...but I am optimistic about something. That's the power of the states. Each state is located within a region, and each region represents a major part within the US. I would think that if the states worked within their budgets and more cooperatively, without the aid of the federal govt...improvements could be made.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

They may not, but the ones in the background pulling their strings like puppets sure do. This is the base idea of the TEA Party. This is the idea behind the recent Nationalist right wing agenda, the push for anti immigration, the protests against Mosques, when one proposed site in Tenn was burned.

It's a white nationalist agenda that fuels the TEA Party, and their biggest wish is to destroy the 13th Amendment in order to return slave trading to this country.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The only thing to do is vote out every one of them and vote in the long shots who will do their constitutional duty. It wont be easy because the right people we should be voting for get little press and have little money. If you find a legit candidate let everyone know so we can all help.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I took a crap today and it looked like Obama.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This may have already been said but won't hurt to say it again,maybe some will get it.Obama will win again because that is what is ment to happen,just like in 2008.

The GOP is fragmented,there are a dozen people running and about six that everyone like's,the votes will be distributed all over the spectrum and Obama will sit back and watch the infighting.My belief is this is exactly why the Tea Party was created and the good people in the Tea Party are to wrapped up in there feelings to see it.

The people AGENST Obama will vote all over the place and for no one in paticuler..................hope Im wrong but people are very predictable these days.Ron Paul and the Tea Party candadate will split the GOP and then theres Romney,Palin,Nute,Bachman and who ever else on the lets beat Obama band wagon.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Greenwald has just made it apparent as I have, that Obama is continuing much of the legacy as the Bush administration and previous administrations. I get it, this is about Obama, you have a special issue with him, the actions of the other presidents don't worry you much, it's just this one. Nevertheless, there is nothing to make him stand out. He's administration has changed little, and you're just playing the part of the fake opposition
edit on 2-4-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

Oh Puh-lease, you think I have a "special" issue with Obama, you obviously didn't understand my post. I have an issue with both Bush and Obama, but at least with Bush, you pretty much expected it...Obama, however, campaigned on many issues that he then did a complete 180 on once in office. And if you want to accuse me of playing the "part of fake opposition" than I accuse you of blindly defending someone who has simply been continuing Bush policies and in other instances going even further...I wonder, if Obama were a republican, would you be defending him just the same? Talk about "fake opposition" what really gets me is all these people who kicked and screamed when "Bush did it" but then when Obama continues the same policy (or worse) these people say nothing, and in some cases even defend it (Greenwald has covered this too).

I already said this, but I'll repeat it since it seems like you didn't totally understand. The Obama administration, with exception of a few issues, has been a continuation of Bush policy, however in some issues that I care deeply, like civil liberties and government (non)transparency, he has gone even further, in my opinion, egregiously further. This, to me, makes Obama a worse president than Bush. (and by the way, saying "other presidents probably did it too" with regard to targeted assignation programs and the like, is still no excuse, it's just another example of Obama continuing bad policy)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by meeneecat
Oh Puh-lease, you think I have a "special" issue with Obama, you obviously didn't understand my post.

I understand it clearly, you blamed Obama for things he did that Bush and the other presidents supposedly never did (contrary to reality) and insist upon making him the worst of the worst. He's really of little difference from previous presidents, but I understand why some folks would wish to make it so. You and the OP have personal issues with him you care not to admit here, I get it.

I wonder, if Obama were a republican, would you be defending him just the same?

If Obama was a republican and committed the same thing, I'd be calling him another president continuing Washington DC's agenda, which is exactly what I have stated in this thread.

But then again it would be strange if Obama was a republican, considering he's efforts for socialized healthcare and allowing the gays into the military. I would not shy away from agreeing with many of his policies.

however in some issues that I care deeply, like civil liberties and government (non)transparency, he has gone even further, in my opinion, egregiously further. This, to me, makes Obama a worse president than Bush.

What civil liberties again? You made a note of his assassination programme of American citizens but I proved you wrong in the argument that he was the only president, so what civil liberties again make him stand out? Be specific.

(and by the way, saying "other presidents probably did it too" with regard to targeted assignation programs and the like, is still no excuse,

It was never an excuse. It's a lie to claim he is the only president who's done it. If you had paid half as much attention to Bush administration as you are regarding the Obama administration, you wouldn't be called out on your claims.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Wow whoever made this video for Obama is an idiot. Has him talk about energy independence then next sentence we want to buy oil from Brazil??? And do you really want to show gas prices on a video when your trying to get him reelected?????

One more thing be careful if you disagree with All the great things Obama has done you must be a racist. Funny when people cant argue facts how they all ways revert to name calling hoping to shut you up.
edit on 4/3/11 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Unless he promises to end the Federal reserve he will not win the next election. Was he better than bush? Oh yah, definitely, but he is not what America needs right now. America needs a drastic overhaul and only two things can achieve that.

Ron Paul or a revolution.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Both plans of complete total abject failure on an unprecedented scale.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

The Republicans made this video, or didn't you read the little part that said that the RSC produced this video?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Well...i personally think they are just jealous because you are going about things the proper way! Thats the problem...most citizens don't care if immigrants come here...Hell...thats what America is all about! Just don't be here illegally...and those of us who say what i just did are racist...extremists, radical....COME ON!

The only racist people in my book IS the Government. They racially profile people all the time!

When you fill out paper work....

Are you Hispanic?

What is your ethic background?
Black
Caucasian
Asian
blah
blah
who the hell cares!

The only question that matters is: Are you a US Citizen?
This African American, Asian American crap is Bull sh*t....If you live here legally Your American!!!
So tired of the racially profiling of people to keep a division between us!
edit on 3-4-2011 by dizzie_lizzie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cheftim59

Nice! That is all that comes outta his mouth at least!

edit on 3-4-2011 by dizzie_lizzie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
I understand it clearly, you blamed Obama for things he did that Bush and the other presidents supposedly never did (contrary to reality) and insist upon making him the worst of the worst.

Yes because clearly I said exactly that, that he's quote "the worse of the worst"...I'll just go back to my comment and quote the part where I said that...oh...wait a minute...Yeah, I can see you totally "get" my comment. *bangs head on desk*

And another question for ya, how is my saying "Obama is continuing the same policies as Bush and going even further on those that I care deeply, such as civil liberties and government transparency" mean I am (as you say) "blaming Obama for things he did that Bush and other presidents supposedly never did"...would you like to explain how you make that giant leap? Because *news flash* criticizing Obama for the things he actually did, does not in any way mean I am somehow a) making any statement at all about what other presidents did, or b) categorically denying that other presidents followed similar policies (despite that fact being totally irrelevant to my point, which is AGAIN that "Obama is continuing the same policies as Bush and going even further on some").

Originally posted by Southern GuardianYou and the OP have personal issues with him you care not to admit here, I get it.

So what are my "personal" issues with him? Hmmm?

Considering you know very little about me or my political leanings, I don't think you are in any position to be giving any statements about what MY personal issues are about anything. However, given evidence gathered from your comments I feel I can make a very substantial argument regarding your capacity for logic.

(However if your telling yourself that I and anyone else with similar criticism of Obama, just has "personal" issues with him, makes you feel better about your illogical arguments, go right ahead, just keep telling yourself that...I guess Greenwald and the many others who have also criticized Obama for going further than Bush and being worse than Bush in some policies also just have "personal" issues with him, I mean, there's no way that all those people could be basing their arguments on, you know, actual evidence)

If Obama was a republican and committed the same thing, I'd be calling him another president continuing Washington DC's agenda, which is exactly what I have stated in this thread.

But my whole point is not that he is continuing the exact same thing, but that he is continuing the exact same policies and going even further on some. So why do you continue to choose to downplay and take issue with this assertion despite the fact that there's plenty of evidence? Does it have anything to do with the "D" next to Obama's name?

But then again it would be strange if Obama was a republican, considering he's efforts for socialized healthcare and allowing the gays into the military. I would not shy away from agreeing with many of his policies.

Obama's healthcare plan contains no such "socialized healthcare" that you speak of. Single payer is socialized healthcare, which Obama thought was just too "politically unfeasible". And regarding DADT, Obama sure showed a lot of cowardice in regard to his support. I happen to share this and this opinion, although Congress eventually passed the repeal and he did sign it, I would hardly consider him the "fierce advocate" of gay rights that Obama claims to be. And I know I'm not alone in this among the LGBT community. But my point is not regarding DADT or healthcare (of which I have my own criticisms, nothing of which relates to Bush). I specifically mentioned civil liberties and transparency for which he has been worse, but you can also include issues of foreign policy and war-making since they are all very closely linked.

What civil liberties again? You made a note of his assassination programme of American citizens but I proved you wrong in the argument that he was the only president, so what civil liberties again make him stand out? Be specific.

God, here we go again, another comment that shows me you either didn't read my comment, or you just don't understand it, Greenwald has covered Obama's policy on whistleblowers, states secrets, government immunity, executive power, illegal spying, preventative detention (and more) and shown how he goes even further than Bush policy did. I already provided links, go reread my comment or just visit his blog. Aside from policy, and aside from Greenwald others have pointed out that Obama has increased the number of drone attacks on Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen and elsewhere. And I don't think all the stuff mentioned in this article is exactly irrelevant either.

It was never an excuse. It's a lie to claim he is the only president who's done it. If you had paid half as much attention to Bush administration as you are regarding the Obama administration, you wouldn't be called out on your claims.

Yes, because you know exactly how much attention and criticism I placed on the Bush administration. *eye roll*...whereas it's pretty clear, that for the policies that Obama has gone even further than Bush, you just seem perfectly content to downplay. But just for kicks I want to know just what "claims I'm being called out on".

And despite the fact that I never claimed "he was the only president to do it" (nor was that even my point, but again, you=totally missed the point) but lets just say for s--ts and giggles that I did actually say that...so you claim it is a "lie" then, please provide me the evidence that shows which other presidents maintained an assassination program, like Obama's. And by evidence, I mean, state documents, such as a state memo, court docket number, "assassination list" etc. (and please no b.s. "conspiratorial evidence" like, "the c.i.a. killed j.f.k. therefor..." and whatnot). If you claim it's a "lie", than I want to see your evidence, to which you are drawing this conclusion of said "lie" from.
edit on 3-4-2011 by meeneecat because: add

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Both plans of complete total abject failure on an unprecedented scale.

What would be your suggestion? We all know the history of the FED.
Obama isn't going to take em out. I just can't see any other alternative to the solution. The damage the fed has done is massive not only for us, but the environment. The next president needs to address these issues. I honestly do not see Obama fixing the economy.
edit on 3-4-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

So, it's either another Texan, or everyone goes completely ape [snip] and starts shooting each other?

Hmm. Doesn't sound like a good choice to me.

So to you the solution to all the problems in the United States is just to revoke the Federal Reserve's charter?

How myopic.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
What has this man done for the past 3 years??

What hope or change has he given to the nation?

I see nothing that this man as done that hasn't failed. He's a straight up liar in my book.

I think he has a lot of nerve to even bother running again. I voted for him the first time but I will sure as hell won't this time.

Increasing gas prices, food prices, people losing homes, economy sunk, middle class sinking into poverty, lining the banksters pockets, all while his wife preaches about healthy eating when people can barely afford a freakin can of ravioli and not the name brand the off brand! Seriously. He's out of touch with reality. Will he get my vote? Hell to the no.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Good God and here we go again .. another war for oil. Under the guise of helping these people in Libya. Sound familiar? Sound like Bush's Iraq?

Obama has no backbone and he sold his soul to the devil.

Come on Michelle, tell us all again about how we need to eat healthy when most families can barely afford groceries right now. Take another fancy trip and come back and tell all of us about how we all need to do better for OUR children.

And this man wants 4 more years? I can't stop laughing and I haven't even had my coffee yet.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

They may not, but the ones in the background pulling their strings like puppets sure do. This is the base idea of the TEA Party. This is the idea behind the recent Nationalist right wing agenda, the push for anti immigration, the protests against Mosques, when one proposed site in Tenn was burned.

It's a white nationalist agenda that fuels the TEA Party, and their biggest wish is to destroy the 13th Amendment in order to return slave trading to this country.

I really don't know what can be said about stupid ideas like this ....its just beyond imagination.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join