It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any dream interpretation experts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
First of all, Hi everyone. I finally got my 20 posts, so this is my first thread. I hope this is the right place for this.

Ok, so I really know nothing about dream interpretations but I've had this recurring theme in dreams for at least 10 years now. I recently had a new twist on it that has never happened before though. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on the meaning of it all.

The theme that I have had for many years is that I was still in high school. For a point of reference I'm 33 yrs old now. I would estimate that for at least 10 years and at least 1-2 times every single week, I've had a dream that I was still in high school, but I was my real age. In every dream I was aware that I was too old and not suppose to be there. In every dream at least part of it revolved around me complaining to someone about why I have to do this again. I even dreamt a few times that I was trying out for the baseball team and I kept wondering if they would let me play because of my age. (I did actually play baseball all 4 years of high school) No one would ever tell me why I had to be there. I would be so frustrated in my dreams, telling people, " I gradutated in 1996, why do have to keep coming back here?"

So, about 2 weeks ago. I had a dream I've never had. I dreamt that I was graduating from high school. I just remember that someone told me I was finally graduating. I don't remeber who it was. I remember being so happy in the dream because I completely connected it to the frustration I have had in all the other dreams over the years. I actually said, "Finally!" in the dream. I remember going about normal things and I kept telling everyone that I was finally graduating. The last thing I remember in the dream is driving to where ever the graduation was being held. I got out of my car and saw one of my friends from high school there who I'm still friends with today. That's really all I remember is walking up to him saying congrats to each other or something to that effect.

Like I said, that was about 2 weeks ago and I haven't had one of my "I'm back in High School" dreams since then. So, I guess that's it. Anyone have any thoughts on all of it?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Congratulations on graduating!!!

I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but recurring dreams such as those, to me, are critical juctures in your life where gigantic life decisions were made. A parallel universe branching-off point, if you will.
Your subconscious may be wondering what could have been, or it could be an aging thing, like say 'tooth loss' dreams.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

You were probably being surrounded by an issue or problem, which keeps revolving around you and your life. Hence going back to the same place over and over. Finally graduating means you have finally conquered this issue.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I kept have recurring dreams that I was an igloo and a teepee.I went to the therapist and he told me to relax,i was too tents

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Everybody be quiet. I'm a dream interpretation expert.

You have obviously overcome something significant in your life recently; while you slept (visited the astral world), your subconscious created a "metaphorical alternate reality" symbolizing your irl problems.

That's good.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
dreams can only really be interpreted by the dreamer as they are the only ones who hold the key to the answers.

you have to ask what it is that you have been struggleing with for the last few years and what it is that you have finally realized or accepted.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Understand this is not a mild form of regret,
it's about knowing more and understanding deeper than before.

It's like the old wish "If I had it to do over again," knowing what I know now I could go back and do high school completely different. So it's not that I regret what I did back when I was in high school, not in the least. It's just I know more now, and I would ignore more of the trivial and leverage more of the academic connections.

But eventually we reach a level where even going back and pwning high school becomes meaningless. As we meet more and more of the people who dwell in a world of high school drama long after we have left it, and it becomes more obvious that high schools only true value is the experience that we take with us from it. Then things become less about High School per se... and more about our place in society.

Hence the graduation ceremony. Just like the debutantes of old who used to "come out" or "be announced" into society.

But in the case of the dream in the opening post we have sports, and more specifically base ball.

The most terrifying interpretation I can make of this is that the nukes are hidden in baseball stadiums, and America is fixing to be officially graduated out of its adolescents into responsible adulthood.

Interpretations may vary.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies so far. I kind of thought that it had to do with some lesson I was suppose to learn or something. Honestly though, like I said, I've been having these dreams for over a decade. No big changes have come in my life recently though.

The only thing I can really think of is maybe something was trying to tell me that I needed to learn the truth about the world around me. I have had a strong interest lately in reading and researching things going on in the world for myself instead of just believing everything I've been told all my life and my way of thinking about almost everything has definitely changed gradually the last couple of years, but most drastically in the last couple of months.

So, maybe that's it? Maybe I finally "graduated" by starting to see things for what they really are?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I agree with heyJude.

Clearly there was some issue you had not worked through from your adolescence that you finally did. Congratualtions!

If you provided more details about what playing basketball meant to you and your attitude towards it, people could probably narrow down WHAT the issue was. Sports bring to mind, ego, competition, team work, self esteem, success, failure, skill, practice, it is teeming with possible life lessons.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I agree with heyJude.

Clearly there was some issue you had not worked through from your adolescence that you finally did. Congratualtions!

If you provided more details about what playing basketball meant to you and your attitude towards it, people could probably narrow down WHAT the issue was. Sports bring to mind, ego, competition, team work, self esteem, success, failure, skill, practice, it is teeming with possible life lessons.

Well the baseball thing wasn't a part of every dream. I would estimate maybe one out of 10 dreams over the years also had something to do with baseball. As far as what it meant to me. It was pretty much my life from the time I was 8 until I graduated from high school. I loved baseball. I still love baseball. I played in school, in summer leagues and in fall leagues, so yeah, I pretty much ate, drank and slept it growing up. But like I said the primary theme of the dreams over the years was never baseball, so I'm not sure how much it had to do with any lesson or issue.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Druids study this kind of stuff, the way the mind works, and why, and I specialize in dream interpretations. The method is to pick out key elements in your dream, analyze them, and fit together the pieces to a coherent answer. Yeah, I'm old school. Here goes, the interpretation:

The key elements in your recurring dream are 1) High School, 2) Being "too old", 3) Baseball, 4) a friend, and 5) numbers.

Let's analyze them in order.

1) "High School" times in any dream are related to your developmental and learning years. To have recurring dreams in that time phase means in the real life, for the past ten years, you have been wanting to "learn something", an event which keyed on approximately March 18th, two weeks ago. I want to say this has something to do about a relationship. Let me continue.

2) Being "too old" in your dreams meant you had a reservation to learn something new. Think about it, whenever you say, "ooh, I'm too old for that", you are cutting yourself short, and it has bothered your sub-conscious for quite a while.

3) Baseball. A sport. A team activity. Needing to interact with others, and winning. Again, this is something about a relationship. A solid relationship.

4) A friend. This is a key element to your "graduation". Dreams hold "symbols" of what your subconscious is trying to tell you. Your friend is a symbol of what you want, but here it means you have your "best friend" (your partner/relationship) saying "congrats", you've figured it out.

5) Numbers. Usually dreams are filled with hidden references to things. Yours is numerical. I'd like to point out that if you are 33, and for the past ten years, you have a dream 1-2 times a week, that is a total of 520 recurring dreams minimum to 1040 dreams maximum. I'd like to add that you are in a field that has to do with lots of numbers, and that is one reason your mind functions this way. You graduated in 1996, and its 2011 so I found a 5 year span with no dreams.

In summary: You joined ATS on the 23rd. IF you are 33 now, and had ten years worth of recurring dreams, that would put you at 23 when the dreams began. You didn't specify. I will say that you are intelligent, sincere, good with math, maybe had five girlfriends/relationships since HS, and somewhere around March 18th you "met" a female that has changed your perspective. I'd say you are unmarried, but looking, and you have found your catch. Pursue her, because your subconscious is telling you she is worth it.

Hope I helped.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Well if it was more "high school in general" maybe it is just being your own person. You really arent giving us much to go on, in terms of "what school meant to me, how I fit in at school, " etc. that would allow a more detailed analysis. The easy bit is, you graduated from whatever life lesson you were learning. Gratz.

It could be just that you are moving past your "learned" world view, and now are looking for yourself rather than relying on others to tell you what the truth is.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jnyblujns
First of all, Hi everyone. I finally got my 20 posts, so this is my first thread. I hope this is the right place for this.

Ok, so I really know nothing about dream interpretations but I've had this recurring theme in dreams for at least 10 years now. I recently had a new twist on it that has never happened before though. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on the meaning of it all.

The theme that I have had for many years is that I was still in high school. For a point of reference I'm 33 yrs old now. I would estimate that for at least 10 years and at least 1-2 times every single week, I've had a dream that I was still in high school, but I was my real age. In every dream I was aware that I was too old and not suppose to be there. In every dream at least part of it revolved around me complaining to someone about why I have to do this again. I even dreamt a few times that I was trying out for the baseball team and I kept wondering if they would let me play because of my age. (I did actually play baseball all 4 years of high school) No one would ever tell me why I had to be there. I would be so frustrated in my dreams, telling people, " I gradutated in 1996, why do have to keep coming back here?"

So, about 2 weeks ago. I had a dream I've never had. I dreamt that I was graduating from high school. I just remember that someone told me I was finally graduating. I don't remeber who it was. I remember being so happy in the dream because I completely connected it to the frustration I have had in all the other dreams over the years. I actually said, "Finally!" in the dream. I remember going about normal things and I kept telling everyone that I was finally graduating. The last thing I remember in the dream is driving to where ever the graduation was being held. I got out of my car and saw one of my friends from high school there who I'm still friends with today. That's really all I remember is walking up to him saying congrats to each other or something to that effect.

Like I said, that was about 2 weeks ago and I haven't had one of my "I'm back in High School" dreams since then. So, I guess that's it. Anyone have any thoughts on all of it?

Before 2026 you will be invited to a class reunion…don’t go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before 2017 you and your friend will not be friends at all over a bad situation that you will be blamed solely.

Before 2014 you will find out what it was.

Today is april 2011, est. time9:25

But today you can change all events that will happen, I don’t know why I told you, but if you would like to believe me> 'you can', but if you don’t believe me then its okay...it’s your distiny, it’s your choice?

N y b r o u b o t u u l r I e
edit on 1-4-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: stuck in the rabbits hole,had to correct the date

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
dreams can only really be interpreted by the dreamer as they are the only ones who hold the key to the answers.

The above is very true, however in this case your school scenario is general enough that I can shed a bit of light on it. School dream in adults are for the most part representative of work, you current job. Possibly you're getting tired of your job, or going to work.

Everything in dream is archetypal, that is to say dreams use the associations you make. On an archetypal level, school and work are interchangeable because they are both places you have to wake up and go to every day. As for the graduation, i wouldn't read too much into it, it's just a natural association with the school setting.

Dreams progress from one archetype to another. Focus your attention on one, and it's associations begin to manifest until one of those associations capture your attention, and then it in turn becomes the dominant archetype, manifesting it's associations.
edit on 1-4-2011 by The Cusp because: typo

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
Before 2026 you will be invited to a class reunion…don’t go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before 2017 you and your friend will not be friends at all over a bad situation that you will be blamed solely.

But today you can change all events that will happen, I don’t know why I told you, but if you would like to believe me> 'you can', but if you don’t believe me then its okay...it’s your distiny, it’s your choice?

N y b r o u b o t u u t l r I e

wat

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

N y b r o u b o t u u l r I e

wat

Im looking at abbott and costello marathon,will be back shortly..shortly

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Simple answer is that you probably graduated.

For many years you have had glimpses at another part of your life. You probably already know the answer, but because it is so easy, you are thinking it must be some complicated message. When you start to blend your "here" consciousness with your there consciousness, the middle is confusing. You start dragging everything you know about here into that place and then try to make sense of it.

Longer answer. As a race, humans are attempting to push technology as far as possible. So where does it end? We made computers, but we all know that the ultimate computer is in your head. We can't duplicate the technology of the brain, yet.

Modern day computers get viruses, packets of info that cause undesired consequences for the host. People get viruses, packets of info that cause undesired consequences for the host. So, how closely does the biological machine parallel the technological machine?

Why do we sleep?

Just follow the evolution of computers, all the way to A.I., then what’s next?
The things we know, we put into movies. Matrix, Avatar, Battle Star Galactica, Sphere and on and on. Just the idea, not the story.

So, if you look way into the future, what do you see?

If you look at the world around you, does it seem like a play, or a script? So much drama, so many twists and turns. You live, you learn, you die…. But then what?

It is very easy to get hung up on the question of what a dream symbolizes, but if you have to find alternate meanings to the symbol, then it is less a symbol and more of an encrypted message. Most of the time, the simple answer is the correct answer.

You are you, and the perfection to the whole thing is that you know the answer already. It is the why and how that you don’t understand. Maybe you were just letting yourself know that you did a good job.

Go back and look at religion, don’t get stuck on the story. Read about the trinity. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Three separate parts to the same single thing. And we are created in the same manner. We were, and are and will be.

So, you were here and are here and will be…..where?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The meaning of dreams when you can really feel it wasnt an ordinary dream will be different, depends on cultural background even some dream can be interpreted just the same in everywhere.

Keep having the same dream in a long period sometimes can happened to particular people. Your dream might meaning there is something about you and your life that you must understood it first then managed it. Mean you must learn something, kind like ability that have something to do with your mind. Usually it has to do with the way you are, knowing your own self. It is good that you finally graduated, but it usually only for one side too. You might have the same dream again later even not as often. Might dream graduating again. And if this continue that way, you might dream about going somewhere high like a hill or mountain, might finding a way and transport vehicle, might not. Until u meet someone that point or guide you to the top place.

Anyway keep your mind open about everything that will change your wisdom about how to view life. And be patients if your life seems not moved much as expected even you think you try harder than others. And keep your close friends close even sometimes they seems take too much your time. I wish you a good luck.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

no expert here, just opinion

Regarding your older dreams, Did something tragic happen to you during your time in high school that may have affected your present and somehow held you back in some way, with your subconscious mind questioning , "why can't i get over this"?
New dream could mean that you have or will soon overcome what happened in your past.
edit on 3-4-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

The idea of Experts could very well be a simple slogan "Experts", which is thrown about with subtle ease these days. In Dreams, there may be people "working" with them ( which would be wise for all to do ), yet Experts, can range from YOURSELF to various schools of thought.

Some examples would be "skeptic groups".... Various Scientific disciplines, Freudian Analysis, Jungian, Psychics... on and on

Dreams and Rest / Sleep are a natural part of all our lives. Oddly enough, Many people outright ignore their dreams and many NEVER "work" with them.

The experience and language of dreams vary. Some are merely a result of physical affects, such as fatigue, anger, diet / food etc.. Some nightmares come from this. Other dreams are much more. Someone mentioned "Only the Dreamer can interpret their dreams"... I understand what is meant in that, but it is not accurate.

Many have had dreams and told people about them... for instance, "Man! I had a dream about you!"... and turns out the "message" or meaning... is FOR that person and THEY understand what a friend, or someone else dreamed.

The language in dreams is another interesting factor. There seems three basic expressions..

1. Archetype: Common to all, kind of universal language...

2. Personal: A "language" of the dreamer. ( usually a subconscious language )

2.1 ... for example a Rose might bring to mind a friends funeral and meanings to the individual "others" don't use... Yet, for another a Rose has very romantic symbolism or another has Rose as a Mother's Name.. etc etc

3. The Feeling in the dream / experience"

3.1 .... Might seem odd that "feeling" ( How did you "feel"? ) can be considered a language, but the experience and feeling is a message / language as good and well... none verbal maybe.

There's also meaningless meshed, jumbled, twisted, almost anything type of jammed transmission symbols and emblems and languages... and also experiences.... yet.. does a "feeling" come with these as well? How did we "Feel"? Even with a surreal experience.

Recurring dreams almost scream "meaning" lol... Many have them in one manner or another, either "often" or every now and then.. The "fact" they are linked or recurring speaks for itself, to each individual.

What we "feel" in a dream / experience is very very important.. one of the FIRST things that should be noticed. Like a romantic relationship... the "feeling" is way beyond what is REALLY going on with emblems, words and activities... Try telling someone you love them, WITHOUT feeling it. The difference is obvious. Eventually lying to someone and telling them you love them will also be OBVIOUS to THEM sooner or later. They will "FEEL" the difference... the truth.

It is a brilliant policy to keep a Dream Journal. Also it's wise to keep a diary / journal of our lives. But a Dream Journal helps us "WORK with our dreams.. to learn about them, to "record" them quickly, The sooner we write them down, the better the "recollection" and with practice the whole Dream Journal process gets easier.

Working with our dreams does have it's pay-offs... a better understanding of not only Archetypes, but also our own individual language can be gained. One might think "we would KNOW our own language".. but this is not the case. Most of us KNOW little about ourselves. Especially our dreams if we DON'T work with them.

Many, many experiences and also "phenomena" are within Dreams. Ranging from outright out of body experiences through dreams to remembering things, events, in our lives that have been long forgotten. A dream experience can show you something in ONE SESSION that 6 years of school won't. We can have a history with a lover for years and in ONE DREAM, we can experience everything that both of us have REALLY experienced together?

The dreams of "high school".... under an Archetype language... "school of life" or "leave high school and go to university" ( in the school of life? ) .... Under a personal language... this is a recurring dream so tends more to archetype meanings then personal... but how did you FEEL in them? What feeling was "recurring" every time you had these dreams... I noticed the LAST one or Graduation dream seemed to create a FEELING big-time!

Dreaming the future often happens with many people. This happens to more people than one may suspect. Some might claim, or declare and state, in no uncertain terms, that "IT CAN'T BE DONE" or it's something obvious, and put together in a dream so people "think" they dreamed the future. But I'm referring to Dreaming the Future as in Prophetic Dreams. Such experiences open us up to an opportunity to consider that there's much more to life then what some call "real or normal".

While some "scientists" and "experts" debate and argue over consciousness, subconscious and what may be involved... We do have a subconscious and much of the "personal language" in our dreams are from the subconscious. Again.. Many might think we would KNOW ourselves well enough... subconscious or personal language, but most people are busy with knowing "other" things.

So working with our Dreams, Dream Journals and learning about ourselves is all part of Dreams. They are not something to merely be ignored... though they most often are by so many people. I've wondered how people could ignore something that is a very major part of their lives... sleep / dreams.

As we with most everything... Use It Or Lose It ....

top topics

join