It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Govt Rejects Rebels' Ceasefire Offer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

let me answer for you it means said leader wants you out of power.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
There are no rebels IMO.... although I saw some dip-stick on TV local news clowns anointed "rebel leader". I think it was that guy "appointed" leader who lived in Virgina.

This is a bay of pigs with a no fly zone.. and I hope if fails fast so fewer Libyans are killed while being protected.

I know of / read about lots of Americans who have hated with a passion living under the bushbama war monger regimes.. see both partys as forming one dictatorship. Yet somehow I doubt foreign jet fighters would be welcomed over Americans heads.. or serve as encouragement to rise up and turn our way of life into a war zone.

Lots of Americans are resigned to the fact they are totally unapologeticly and hopelessly endlessly forever screwed by "the man" and his 2-party farce masquerading as "freedom".. BS courts pretending to be houses of "fair" where virtuous professionals strive daily to pretend they're our guardians of "justice", fake fiat currency, laughable promises of change you can believe in..

I'll bet there are millions of US citizens who would love to flush the DC toilet.. that doesn't mean the want help from clueless known liar foreigners who print their own money and are infamous for seriously #ing up entire nations causing millions to suffer... lol.. raise your hand if you want your family "Iraqi helped".. yet Libyans should embrace it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

This is a bay of pigs with a no fly zone.. and I hope if fails fast so fewer Libyans are killed while being protected.

I'm no fan of this particular 'military action', but to compare it to the bay of pigs is ridiculous.

In addition, you seem to know nothing about Gadaffi since you are implying that the citizens of libya were all well and fine under his rule, and that only since the UN bombing mission began were citizen dying. Yeah, make Gadaffi a hero. That will make you seem so credible.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

what was unclear about what he said when another world leader has called your leadership illegitimate what does that mean.

It means a leader thinks your government is illegitimate. It DOES NOT mean that said leader ever said 'regime change', as was claimed above. Your just spinning. The claim was made that Obama called for 'regime change' He didnt. IF he did, just supply the quote.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by American-philosopher

what was unclear about what he said when another world leader has called your leadership illegitimate what does that mean.

It means a leader thinks your government is illegitimate. It DOES NOT mean that said leader ever said 'regime change', as was claimed above. Your just spinning. The claim was made that Obama called for 'regime change' He didnt. IF he did, just supply the quote.

Obama has never called for regime change in Libya as this would expose the reasons for intervening and ultimately go against the UN resolution. However this is the ultimate goal and to deny this is ridiculous imo. Britain & France have inferred this without actually stating that is why they are aiding the rebels, under the guise of protecting civilians.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I was responding to a previous post that claimed Obama had called for 'regime change'.

I am still waiting for the quote.

I am not denying that this is an obvious attempt to unseat Gadaffi. Regardless, the term 'regime change' was not used, as the previous poster claimed. Therefore, the claim was inaccurate, wrong, not correct, un-factual.

Many here are desperately trying to make this "Obama's Iraq", but it isn't. IT's lazy to try ad compare the two instances. That isn't a defense of this military action, or of Obama. It is a defense of the truth. Stop regurgitating liberal complaints of the Iraq war and come up with soemthing relevant to Libya.

edit on 3-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

No, you seem to be the one ignorant of Libya. Libyan's are some if the most well off on the African continent. That is, until the "rebels" with their new central bank with help of the Zionist controlled UN forces take over the economy.
Relatively low numbers living in poverty, low rates of infant mortality and birth defects, free health care, subsidized housing, low incarceration rates, Qaddafi's plan to nationalize their oil... sounds like an awful place to live before CIA/Al Queda/Rebels started taking over cities.
Why would he be arming Citizens against the rebels if the majority are opposed to him?

Question: if Libya is successful at defeating the rebels, will the allied forces stop the war? Or will the aggression continue until they have successfully implemented a Zionist central bank and brought endless civilian casualties like Iraq and Afghanistan?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I was responding to a previous post that claimed Obama had called for 'regime change'.

I am still waiting for the quote.

I think you will be waiting a while as he has never called for it. He has denied that is the aim, which in iteslef is a dumb statement.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Really really really? fine President Obama did not say the exact words of regime change but his statements say it. the meaning of his statements. You know how someone can say something and sactually mean something else?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join