It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inevitable Collapse of the Ecosystem and Humanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
As many of you know, we are already in a Mass Extinction event known as the "Holocene Extinction" This has been on-going but accelerated thanks to the industrial revolution and in my opinion, excited further with the BP Oil spill and now the Fukushima reactor disaster.

Before BP and Japan, the oceans already had growing dead-zones and issues with over-fishing and the chumming of garbage fish. Let's not forget all the garbage and pollution exponentially growing in the oceans.

Since BP we have seen alarming kill-offs of fish and birds. Some people speculate that Corexit is responsible for some (not all) of the die offs. Others are due to dead-zones when fish swim in and die from lack of oxygen. Large plumes of Oil still float along the ocean bed causing other death and destruction.

Now radioactive waste is pouring in at a speculated 200 tonnes of contaminated water per day.

The long-term result of all this radioactive contamination will ultimately add to the on-going mass-extinction. Fish and oceanic life is simply going to die and we will see mass die offs related to radiation over the next few years. The long-term effect will be unknown but let's face facts. That much radioactive waste water in the Pacific ocean isn't going to just do nothing. It will kill as radiation often does. Slowly and over time.

The other crisis is GMO and food supply problems. Changing the food at a trans-genetic level has a permanent effect on the species that are now changed. We can argue that these new species of plants and animals are now replacing (potentially making extinct) the original source.

These new GMO species also are full of controversy and problems that link to sterility in men. Not to mention that GMO food has been weaponized to soft-kill populations.

Further ecological disasters through war also concern me, all the Depleted Uranium that has been released and used in Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya further adds to the long-term damaging effects of radiation. Just pure poison being dropped on the soil and entering the air and water supply.

If we start to add up all these disasters and scientific disadvantages pushing us into the brink, there is no question that we are now facing one of the most accelerated and systematic destruction of the global ecosystem and humanity.

We are passing the point of no return and the future has been completely robbed from future generations. I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel with all this madness that is affecting the globe. This planet is officially dying slowly and surely. We are losing this planet and the life that lives on it.

Yet Governments want more war, more cover-ups of the dangers of off-shore drilling and nuclear energy. They are unable to recognize the danger and crisis they have created and only care about money and profit. Money which is just paper and means absolutely nothing; where life is the only thing of true value on this planet. Yet life is worthless to these insane "leaders" who are marching the world to its ultimate doom.

How much more can this planet take before the inevitable happens... life rapidly dies off, ecosystems collapse and humanity falls. (It's happening right now before your very eyes)

I think it's already too late. The madness of our world governments is painfully obvious that they don't care and can't reverse course or change direction. How many good years remain? Not many.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
At least someone is strong enough to call it like it is.

I don't think we'll all die out, however I think that humanity is about to be a thing of the past.

I think it's likely that we'll evolve into at least a few newer species rather quickly as the years and decades roll on, and that the elite are already far on their way to colonizing space.

At this late in the game, all we can do is bitch about it. The vast majority are in complete denial, or too damned scared #less to organize and bring the world back to sanity.

Civilization will most definitely collase this century. Maybe even this decade.

Best to just keep it insane, people.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Hey Unity...

I meant to reply to your U2U a while back but I have to admit I have been in my own personal vortex of gloom over the last 6 months... worse 6 months of my life to be honest. That aside... it's probably why I have such a grim outlook on Humanity because I have basically lost all faith in this world.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

I think it's already too late.

Too late for mundane solutions, perhaps. But its never too late for shall we say paranormal solutions. Even if the only paranormal solution is for a limited number of people, say 144,000, to enter a phantasmagoric / fairy / UFO / parallel / heavenly realm and experience so much "missing time" that by the time they emerge the planet will be healed.

Never despair, never surrender.

edit on 1-4-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X

Too late for mundane solutions, perhaps. But its never too late for shall we say paranormal solutions. Even if the only paranormal solution is for a limited number of people, say 144,000, to enter a phantasmagoric / fairy / UFO / parallel / heavenly realm and experience so much "missing time" that by the time they emerge the planet will be healed.

I am all for a fairy tale ending to this world... however a lot of other people feel similar such as christians and their mythological second coming of Christ and the rapture.

Sadly however, this is a problem caused by humanity and it's up to humanity to fix the problem, or die as a result of ignorance and negligence.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yes... Pretty discomforting scenario huh...

I've created a thread once called: The shocking reality of modern day extinction.

I wanted to say that you might want to re-think your ideas about radiation and its effects on nature.
Take a look at the video in the following thread by Muckster called : Chernobile - 24 years on

In a post from Sandri_90 which you will find here.---> www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems life adapts.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I am all for a fairy tale ending to this world... however a lot of other people feel similar such as christians and their mythological second coming of Christ and the rapture.

Sadly however, this is a problem caused by humanity and it's up to humanity to fix the problem, or die as a result of ignorance and negligence.

OK, I see what you're saying. However you are not realizing that the reason why archetypes of the collective unconscious are universal is because they take on different symbolic mythological forms in different religions. The UFO phenomenon is no exception my friend.

These problems are caused by humanity but there is more to humanity than the ego-self. Take heart this isn't the end of life and humanity. Its only the end of the age and our foolish modern way of life.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Yes... Pretty discomforting scenario huh...

I've created a thread once called: The shocking reality of modern day extinction.

I wanted to say that you might want to re-think your ideas about radiation and its effects on nature.
Take a look at the video in the following thread by Muckster called : Chernobile - 24 years on

In a post from Sandri_90 which you will find here.---> www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems life adapts.

I do agree that with radiation that life can recover; even with any mass extinction event life still prevails. Even if man destroys the current body of life and itself; other life will evolve and take over. It may be millions of years until another intelligent species like man emerges again; hopefully they discover the horror of what we have done and learn from our mistakes.

In the end, unless the sun explodes or the world shatters via a collision with a massive asteroid, life will find a way to exist with or without humanity.

That is at least a comforting thought.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

OK, I see what you're saying. However you are not realizing that the reason why archetypes of the collective unconscious are universal is because they take on different symbolic mythological forms in different religions. The UFO phenomenon is no exception my friend.

These problems are caused by humanity but there is more to humanity than the ego-self. Take heart this isn't the end of life and humanity. Its only the end of the age and our foolish modern way of life.

I also see your point, and this is a time of great change and crisis for the world. Hopefully we grow up and take charge to save the planet and ourselves. Change is good. Dying off not so good.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I also see your point, and this is a time of great change and crisis for the world. Hopefully we grow up and take charge to save the planet and ourselves. Change is good. Dying off not so good.

I don't think you do see my point, but thats OK. It takes a background in analytical psychology, comparative mysticism, parapsychology, comparative mythology to really see it. In any case even if humanity and all life was wiped out that is no excuse for despair.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

YAD, we're like cockroaches.

Nearly 7% of people to ever have walked this earth are currently alive.

Not only that, we're likely mutating at unprecedented rates.

Some of us will evolve, and it seems that our higher intelligence will still be somewhat intact.

Don't worry about not replying to the U2U.

I hope you have more fortunate times in the near future, but if not, please know at the very least you've always got a friend with whom you can confide in private.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

It only took our human species 5 million years to evolve , and there are already uninmaginable intelligent creatures in existence.

It seems our immune system has a a radiation devision which seems to work a lot better when it is constantly stimulated.

That doesn't make us top taking the way of the Dodo though...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Either way, end of an age, or extinction level event, reality is changing, our collective madness is taking its toll, a paradigm backlash, rationality shattering: "we need power we must take it from somewhere, even if it costs the lives of the people generating power for"

Tough times ahead, but I worry not, I live each day in the knowledge that I´m already dead, so whats the worst that can happen?, well, slowly dying with radiation disintegration, horrible pains, organ collapse, and so on...

But its not the fear of physical pain that bothers me, but my own inability to overcome whatever the Infinite choses to throw at me, will I or my loved ones make it?
Who knows, still, I´d rather be informed than not, if only to look at the owner of the hand that slays me.

If the oceans collapse and the primary food chains of plancton and the likes dies off or mutates into who knows, then all will be lost, I dont expect it to be tomorrow or in 2012, but yup, its all downhill from here, or at least unless something awesome happens like someone awakening and cleaning up the mess, it seems than way.

I try to enjoy things much more now, with the knowledge that plant life has a pretty good probability of experiencing some really altering changes in the near future, sea life will undoubtedly change accordingly, no level of preparation will make us go through this but our force of will and timing!

Cheers for facing the future head on!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I do agree that with radiation that life can recover; even with any mass extinction event life still prevails. Even if man destroys the current body of life and itself; other life will evolve and take over. It may be millions of years until another intelligent species like man emerges again; hopefully they discover the horror of what we have done and learn from our mistakes.

In the end, unless the sun explodes or the world shatters via a collision with a massive asteroid, life will find a way to exist with or without humanity.

That is at least a comforting thought.

The sun will probably not explode but it will dim, depleted of energy. Which might happen before or after the Earth gets so close to the sun it might be burnt and unable to sustain life as it is now. Which is sad because if there was any purpose or meaning to this life it would be that the human species could travel throughout the universe forever, hopping from one planet to the other, only needing some resources.

It might be that after life here has ended the remnants will be carried across the universe and at some point in the far, far future slam into some other planet starting it all over again, just like a meteorite carrying DNA might have slammed into this planet at some point in the past.

top topics

join