It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland gardener needs permit to sell produce...from her own garden.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oakland gardener questions need for permit to sell produce...

More:

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2011/04/01/MNE81INHVU.DTL

One more step towards absolute control over what we can eat, where we can get it from, who we have to buy it from etc. This scenario of Govt. telling us we need PERMISSION to sell our food, is and should be a warning to everyone.

This is a woman growing food on HER property and selling some to her neighbors.

"The news stunned the region's urban farmers and their supporters, who questioned how a fundamental human task that goes back millennia could become illegal." "A conditional use permit might make sense for 40-acre farms, Finnin said, but not when the farm occupies one-tenth of an acre and beets sell for $2 a bunch."

Article:

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2011/04/01/MNE81INHVU.DTL

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
As someone on ats, and someone from Oakland, this is bull--! Hopefully it will get some of the people here angry enough to start looking into things or as my city loves to do start growing more veggies and sell them with other green products...that wouldn't be horrible actually. But either way this food censorship needs to be nipped in the bud but will hopefully lead people to see Genetically modified foods differently. thanks for the post

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Maybe I don't get the problem.

Growing your own food and eating it is fine. Growing food and trying to sell it is commerce, right? Haven't most places always required a permit to sell food, even if it's raw?

Help me understand the issue.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

Growing your own food and eating it is fine. Growing food and trying to sell it is commerce, right? Haven't most places always required a permit to sell food, even if it's raw?

The issue is control. It's a garden! It's not about commerce. It's about me not being able to buy carrots from my neighbor but instead, go to the store and pay outrageous prices for poison. It's a sign of what is coming down the line.

This was the start:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
And let's not forget about this one:

First my garden and now my water? I say NO!

And it all started with a few carrots that I was watering in my garden...

Federalization Of All Water In America

Utah news reports that collecting using rainwater is ILLEGAL

Tyranny In America Its Coming Sooner Than You Think!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

How many people in a Farmer's Market have permits? I sell at them all the time and unless you sell over a certain amount per year (Taxable) It's always been ok.

This is a video that many didn't take seriously as it was too unreal to realize. It was a start to what is happening today.

Growing your own Food Illegal!!!! S510 Makes it the Law- ACTION NEEDED!!!

When you can't get seeds anymore because Monsanto owns them and has killed the reproductive elements so as to not be able to store seeds...When you can't buy some carrots from your neighbor...When you realize that the Govt. controls all food, water, fuel and are able to tax your air...When you are in line to get your rations from the hands of TPTB...

We will all remember asking..."What's the big deal? It's only a few carrots!"

This was not meant to be a rude reply to your question but I went on a rant...

edit on 1-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
We to take a cue from our middle eastern brothers and sisters. Time to dig in and take a stand and tell big brother to go to hell.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

right now we need to actively fight back.. BUT..... we can't win right now and here is why, unfortunately..

1. flouride has made many stooopid.
2. 1 out of 3 "workers" are on the govt teet i.e., city, county, state, fed, public schools/colleges, govt contractor, employee of a company that gets govt jobs, tax breaks, rebates, pensions, sells to govt, does work for govt, etc..
3. all those in #2 will rapidly sell out the patriots [3%] who would fight to their "masters" to keep their stuff
4. once poor or in debt people become desperate for a hand out from ANYONE/ANYWHERE
5. the young under 40 crowd are the ones who usually fight and its the brainwashed gullible sheeple over 40 that have everything, and are too old to fight and therefore will join TPTB inorder to "enjoy" what they "worked for"

I hate it but even my family fits into that garbage i wrote above. sad but true..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

brainwashed gullible sheeple over 40 that have everything, and are too old to fight and therefore will join TPTB inorder to "enjoy" what they "worked for.

Actually, I think that there are more people over 40 that are aware of what is going on than you might think. Me being one.

We have been around long enough to see where we came from and where we are going...a point of reference so to speak. We have seen more changes than the younger generation.

In order to fight back, you need to know who the enemy is and what their capabilities are. We were the ones that voted for the scum. Sorry 'bout that.

We have a lot more life experience to know what we need when the SHTF. A lot of younger folks, although ready to survive, are not experienced in things like hunting, gardening, fire arms, canning, preserving, group dynamics, fishing etc. Many of my generation grew up on it while a lot of the younger generation grew up in malls eating McDonalds and pizza pops. Not all, but many.

Ain't no Pizza Pops in hell!

Not discounting young people under 40...(Really?) 40 Ain't old!

Don't count out the oldies just yet. They still have a few tricks to teach the young'uns.

All Good!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

my under/over 40 is a generaization... ats'ers are the exception... but my point is the over 40 crowd are more likely to beleive MSM news. call people "crazy" think epic of gilgamesh is fake, think weed is a drug and bad, think govt is good, etc..as compared to the under 40 crowd at a much higher rate

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by jude11

my under/over 40 is a generaization... ats'ers are the exception... but my point is the over 40 crowd are more likely to beleive MSM news. call people "crazy" think epic of gilgamesh is fake, think weed is a drug and bad, think govt is good, etc..as compared to the under 40 crowd at a much higher rate

I know it's a generalization but really?

Over 40 people spot the crap on CNN, grew up on pot and absolutely hate what the Govt. has done to our Country as we are the ones to remember what it was like in the 'Good 'ol Days' and are the ones paying all the taxes. We protested against War, held Smoke-ins, took Rock to new levels, experimented with mind altering drugs (saw Gilgamesh here
) and traveled the Country by thumb.

I know you are generalizing but I really think you aren't seeing the big picture here. Now if you came in at maybe over 65, I would tend to agree a little more. I'm 47 and my mom is 70. Can't get her to smoke one with me on any given day.

BTW, I'm the OP of this thread, I'm 47 AND I get it.

All Good!

new topics

top topics

join