It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Places so silent its not , Do you hear it too?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
We vacation in central Colorado in the summers at an elevation of about 9200 ft. We have property about 4 miles and 1000 ft from the nearest "small" town.And around NOONE. At night it is So silent and peaceful ..The elevation does have its effects on my wife and I and we are aware of them but one effect ,, is this sound..
Best way I can describe it is a roar/rumble .maybe its the River 4 miles away? or maybe its the earth resonating .,, I dont know But wanted to know if any one else hears this at high elevations?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hbarker

I have heard it too, and I made a thread on it a while back:

The Deafening Sound of Silence.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a very loud when you hear it, I know exactly what you mean.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Ive lived at farily high altitudes (near big bear cali) before and didnt notice it there but when i was younger living at SEA LEVEL the "noise in the silence" of the australian outback used to drive me NUTS.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I once took a 70 mile bicycle trip along a few very isolated roads in Northern California. I had a schedule to keep, but I found that pulling off to the side of the road and listening to the silence was too alluring, and I passed several hours in a good sized clearing in the redwoods, just...feeling it. There weren't birds about, or other animals; the clearing was too large, and nobody passed on the road. The only sounds were my feet on the grass, and when I was on my bike, the gentle click of the bike chain and the light wind through my ears. I found it very peaceful. And it was very, very loud after a while. It was like being completely alone in the universe for a couple of hours, like just god and me in that cleared out section of forest, and hearing the silent thunder of the great spirit.

It's almost like total darkness, when it's so dark that you can feel it like a substance, feel it permeating every crevice of your body and being, as if it becomes palpable. The nothing becomes a something.
edit on 1-4-2011 by nithaiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I read the other post,, was there the whole time huh.. lol
Glad you guys hear it too !!
The noise to me when trying to go to sleep is like its internal. Inside my head ,, not originating from some where outside, strange ,, this year I will try and meditate a little and flow with it ,, instead of fighting it .

top topics

join