It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Personality

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Firstly I would like to point out I am not religious and am only posting this out of anger towards some of the acts of people I have seen lately.

Now, on to the point. I seem to be noticing that people who believe in Christianity feel that their almighty God who is perfect and has no flaws whatsoever seems to have a personality. Here is my problem with this: An omnipotent entity who is supposedly perfect wouldn't have a personality as we do. People have said to me things such as "God loves us all, we all have personal loving relationships with God" and "We are all that God created, God loves us so much that we are his only creation". Where do they get this information? I don't recall the Bible saying exactly what God thinks, or saying that God forgives this but not that, and God allows death penalty, or God is against the building of a mosque, or that we are God's only creation and that God made the universe just for us.

To me, this is a prime example of the selfishness of Christianity that I have grown to hate.
edit on 31-3-2011 by typwar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
"the selfishness of Christianity"
Sure would make a good book title.. I just hates it when some one starts telling me what good christian folks they are.. On a job estimate I would add 10 %

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The fact that someone speaks about God in a tangible way automatically assassinates his title.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think a lot of people think God is some dude in the clouds...

As a matter of fact i just read a post saying "one day soon christ will appear in the clouds" etc etc...

I think the real problem is understanding what God is... Most religious issues usually come down to understanding.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
He's clearly fairly passive, libertarian and a hands off type of god. You never see the guy.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by finalword

>implying there's anything to see in the first place...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by finalword
He's clearly fairly passive, libertarian and a hands off type of god. You never see the guy.

you can see him anytime you open your eyes my friend...

In every flower or rock, in every person or animal...

You just have to look

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hey I've tried this before and usually just end up staring at flowers and rocks. If your implying God made nature, I would like you to prove it to me without the use of the Bible.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Akragon

Hey I've tried this before and usually just end up staring at flowers and rocks. If your implying God made nature, I would like you to prove it to me without the use of the Bible.

Unfortunatly my friend no one can prove the existance of God to another... You either understand or you don't...

Even those that study the bible day in and day out still do not understand, there in lies the problem. Understand the mind of christ, and you can understand the mind of God.

And if you want to prove the existance of God to yourself....again read christs words, and learn to meditate and practice it.

Theres a few good threads on these forums that can help you if you so desire to prove God to yourself... but again i can't show you how to see God...

Live by christs commandments as best you can... Love God, and love your neighbour as you love yourself. Be kind to all living things no matter how insignifigant or trivial they might seem.

perhaps one day you will see...

edit on 31-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
But the Vatican controlled NWO is basically the Catholic Church, and they supposedly worship God. Why do they want to depopulate the planet?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
he doesn't exist!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The Almighty is quite an enigma.

He said he had no beginning and that there is no one like him in existence. He told Job that he searched for someone of his nature and he could not find one. The angels were said to take their station before the person of God, thereby revealing his consciousness residing at some location inside or outside our dimension. I can only imagine this consciousness is made up of huge arrays of energy. Maybe organized gamma rays make up this being's synapses connections.

The bible says man is made in God's image, meaning we have all his emotions and creative thinking abilities. This includes love and hate. The consciousness that is God naturally came with these emotions and abilities. It is said he cannot lie. His laws are governed like mathematical equations, such as the forbidden fruit scenario. He had to run it to see the outcome to determine the correct path to take.

The question remains as to what brought the original consciousness into being?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by typwar

Good post.

What I don't get from christians is when they talk about how God loves them so much, but yet they judge anyone else from a different walk of life who follows a different religion, and tell them they have to accept God or face his judgement. If God loves all his creations then he wouldn't discriminate against gays, or Muslims, or freaking Ancient Astronaut theorists.

If only Christians can make it past the pearly gates, then Hell is gonna be one crowded place.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by finalword
But the Vatican controlled NWO is basically the Catholic Church, and they supposedly worship God. Why do they want to depopulate the planet?

The Vatican is a bank my friend... they do not know or understand God...

Dispite their claims and knowledge of the book.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by typwar

I am christian, and god lives in all of us through our conscience. To believe in god and to know oneself is to know god. With Jesus being born God was able to live a perfect life through man.

Matthew 12:31
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Ho'ly Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

The holy spirit lives in anyone who accepts it.

John 4:6
We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

We are human(christians) we make mistakes too. Althou the law(word) tells us to come in peace and love, you must understand sometimes it is hard when people are telling you everything you've been taught is a lie. I want to apologize on behalf of all christians for any bad encounters you may have had with us.

With love

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by typwar

So are you implying it's okay for us to believe God is powerful enough to create us, the world and the universe out of nothing but isn't powerful enough to get a message to us or to reveal Himself to us?

edit on 1-4-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I don't believe in god, but if one did exist it would be far, far beyond our understanding. It would be such an advanced being that it would be difficult to grasp all but the base concepts of it.

It would be like asking a pet what it thinks of its owner. Pets can like us or not like us, but it depends on a few simple things. Do I get fed regularly? Do I get kicked? They don't understand who we actually are as people. Even the most obvious personality traits can go unknown by the animal.

It's foolish to think about the personality of god, because such a thing would be inconceivable. However, it's also foolish to judge believers for projecting a personality onto god. They're not stupid for thinking that way, they have no way of understanding what the true nature might be. It'd be like making fun of a dog for not understanding cars.

Though of course, if the personality projected is used to further harmful ideologies, then, yeah, those people are selfish.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't believe in god the way most people do. Cant look at the bible and say this is god. Theres probably just endless hierarchies in the universe and beyond so there is infinite amount of gods. One might be ours.
edit on 1-4-2011 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You are demonstrating part of GODs personality. Why any would think he has none makes 0 sense to me since we seemed to develop personalities like other creations on this planet on off.... Um just Sayen

edit on 4/1/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
The Almighty is quite an enigma.

He said he had no beginning and that there is no one like him in existence. He told Job that he searched for someone of his nature and he could not find one. The angels were said to take their station before the person of God, thereby revealing his consciousness residing at some location inside or outside our dimension. I can only imagine this consciousness is made up of huge arrays of energy. Maybe organized gamma rays make up this being's synapses connections.

The bible says man is made in God's image, meaning we have all his emotions and creative thinking abilities. This includes love and hate. The consciousness that is God naturally came with these emotions and abilities. It is said he cannot lie. His laws are governed like mathematical equations, such as the forbidden fruit scenario. He had to run it to see the outcome to determine the correct path to take.

The question remains as to what brought the original consciousness into being?

This is a great post.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join