It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars are now described as BUBBLES

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have written previous posts about stars and the heliosphere
I have written about the earth as being "in" the sun and that the sun is surrounded by a "bubble lens"
I called this effect heliospherical lensing and proposed a distinct boundary at the helio shock boundary in the shape of a sphere or bubble.
In separate threads I have proposed the nature of a galactic fields and their effect on our helio system when viewed from outside. I am happy to know some of my "hypotheses” are now up to "theory" level
I have made some errors with my assumptions but the overall models I have been working with are now becoming accepted by mainstream scientists. Stars are now "bubble" shaped not "comet" shaped
I am not trying say in any way that I made these discoveries, more that my line of research is validated by the experts actually measuring the helio system and building a more complete picture of the operation of the heliosphere as a system and the inter connected nature of a galactic magnetic field environment.
The universe really is full of lens shaped bubbles.

link to source paper

The finding, which overturns 40 years of theory, provides insight into the fundamental structure of the heliosphere, which in turn helps scientists understand similar structures or "astrospheres" that surround other star systems throughout the cosmos.

Rather than a comet-like shape, the heliosphere appears to be bubble-shaped according to data from Cassini's Ion and Neutral Camera (MIMI / INCA). Rather than being dominated by the collisions between the solar wind and the interstellar medium, the INCA (ENA) maps suggest that the interaction is controlled more by particle pressure and magnetic field energy density.

s ource

The IBEX maps differ so radically from what was expected prior to the mission that the scientists have been struggling to untangle the vast amount of information the maps contain. The team notes that getting emissions from the nose of the heliosphere has been an important "lamp post" towards understanding how the global heliosphere is controlled by the interaction of the Sun with the local galactic medium.

Says McComas, "Prior to IBEX, most scientists believed that the global boundaries of our solar system were controlled mainly by the motion of our solar system through the galaxy and the solar wind, an extremely fast flow of electrically charged matter that flows out from the Sun. The IBEX maps reveal the galactic magnetic field is also a critical part of the Sun's interaction with the galaxy."

same source

"This galactic magnetic field may be a missing key to understanding how the heliosphere protects the solar system from galactic cosmic rays," says Schwadron.

so if normal bubbles can refract light or "lens" light and images
is there an optical effect going on?
if there is a galactic magnetic field, what powers it? and are sun bubbles attracted to the magnetic field lines?
imagine if the density outside our "bubble" was radically different than on the inside
could we be so sure about distance if density and refractivity was much higher than anticipated?

more sources
sci guru

xploder

edit on 31-3-2011 by XPLodER because: spelling and grammer

edit on 31-3-2011 by XPLodER because: add link to original paper

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
so what you are saying is that the universe inst as big as was originally thought? how interesting
almost like looking outside of our solar system through a fish eye,.

deflatedbox
edit on 31-3-2011 by funbox because: to add

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Conclusion: we are still learning how the planet and stars interact and work. Do not solidify your beliefs as "100% correct" as they are not, they are susceptible to growth and change all the time. An open mind is a mind that openly welcomes all knowledge and wisdom.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

so in other words expect big changes from the scientific consortium?

soapbox

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Article from 2009:

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

And a link to an animation:

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

i was trying to convey
that our stars shape when veiwed from the outside has a clasical "bubble" apperence
not a comet like apperence ie with a tail
the shape of other stars and thier "bubbles" will effect the way we see them
so this has a major impact on
micro gravatational lensing
high energy rays
galactic feild desity strenght
it MAY have impacts on how dense the interstella medium is an the density/refractivity of the medium
it MAY have impacts on light as it travels through the boundrys of the heliosphere

xploder

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

yes i would suspect that not just IBEX satalite Data has lead to these conclusions
voyager recently found an abrupt stop in the solar eminations coming from our sun.
it seems like all stars have an "opening" in the galaies density like a "bubble"
so is the helio system generation a "local" density for us inside our bubble, while providing a "seperate" density reigion for our bubble to occupy in that density? and if that is the case would the boundary not act like a "heliospherical lens?

xploder

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

almost embryonic in my eyes , what a curious system of protection, lets say if we took a ship outside of our system , would we be able to travel quicker between the medium in between to the next system? beyond our current figure for light speed? interesting stuff

funbox

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

first line

In a paper to be published in the April 10, 2011, issue of The Astrophysical Journal,

This galactic magnetic field may be a missing key to understanding how the heliosphere protects the solar system from galactic cosmic rays," says Schwadron.

if cosmic rays can be refracted by the process what other effects can be expected of light transitioning the same boundry?
and all stars have a bubble around them, does this effect how we see them from inside our "bubble"

i cant wait till they release the paper

xploder

thanks for the links and vid

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by funbox
so what you are saying is that the universe inst as big as was originally thought? how interesting
almost like looking outside of our solar system through a fish eye,.

deflatedbox
edit on 31-3-2011 by funbox because: to add

that is a good analogy
and the "fish eye" blocks some cosmic rays from entering like a lens filter

xploder

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by funbox
reply to post by XPLodER

almost embryonic in my eyes , what a curious system of protection, lets say if we took a ship outside of our system , would we be able to travel quicker between the medium in between to the next system? beyond our current figure for light speed? interesting stuff

funbox

im not sure, if medium was thicker it may be more difficult to gain speed in it

the bit that got me excited was the description of the greater interaction of the galay in all this
that the source for the bubble could be external to the bubble
or even that the bubble could be attracted by electrical or magnetic forces within the galay

xploder

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

maybe if we were travelling towards the centre of the galaxy along the magnetic line we would get some speed boost ( are these like created by the super massive black hole that is supposedly at the centre of our galaxy?)

all interesting stuff.

what particuly made me laugh was:

The IBEX maps differ so radically from what was expected prior to the mission that the scientists have been struggling to untangle the vast amount of information the maps contain

good old scientists, never fail to flap around when more isn't anticipated

funbox

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

hehe if this is the case how is it that you have come to a conclusion... if there is nothing final to conclude

jestbox

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well done Xploder,
progress is being made.

Maybe Newton's Optics really is more relevant
to solving the universe
than the theory of gravity we hear so much about.

David Grouchy
edit on 31-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

heres a thought
if we are looking out through a "lens" and stars we are looking at are lenses
how does that change their "perceived" distence?

and if we are in a bubble lens looking at a gravatationally lensing galaxy and our sun bubble is in a galaxy,
that itself is a lens as well i count three lensing oportunities for natural
space based "telescopes" made from these lensing areas.

how do we know that these "bubbles" are as luminous as we beleive? if they are surounded by a bubble does this effect the perceived brightness and diameter of the star?

lots of questions have i

xploder

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by funbox

heres a thought
if we are looking out through a "lens" and stars we are looking at are lenses
how does that change their "perceived" distence?

and if we are in a bubble lens looking at a gravatationally lensing galaxy and our sun bubble is in a galaxy,
that itself is a lens as well i count three lensing oportunities for natural
space based "telescopes" made from these lensing areas.

how do we know that these "bubbles" are as luminous as we beleive? if they are surounded by a bubble does this effect the perceived brightness and diameter of the star?

lots of questions have i

xploder

yes the lens we were not previously aware of. i wonder if we will find out its refraction, could we then compensate? i would laugh if it turned out that outside of our bubble the stars were really spelling out something rude

funbox

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
Well done Xploder,
progress is being made.

Maybe Newton's Optics really is more relevant
to solving the universe than the theory of gravity we hear so much about.

David Grouchy

we really are taking a myopic veiw of the universe if we try to extrapalate the universe
from our small "sphere" of influence
lol
you are correct
by looking at the galaxy first then the local "sphere" we can see that our idea of gravity shouldnt be helio centric
it should be glacto centric
lol

thinking a bubble in a stired cup of coffie the medium is moving and so are we
the fact that inside the bubble our "gravity" acts different
is to completly miss the movement of the density we are in, that the bubble "displaces" the medium and follows the medium flow and the magnetic feild strength density like the ripples in a liquid when stired.

xploder
edit on 31-3-2011 by XPLodER because: spelling

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
artistic impresion of the "bubble"

random picture of a huge bubble in space

picture simulation of the IBEX ribbon of neutral particals

a super nova inside a "bubble"

pretty cool stuff

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

that last Photo looked like a red blood cell !
nice pics

funbox

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

thanks
here are some more cool pics

unknown

weird

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join