It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS app for iPhone/iPad/IPod Touch?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Does or is ATS planning an app for mobile devices? Sorry if I missed the thread if already discussed.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I remember last Fall mobile ATS disappeared for like 3 months and there was a thread about some new ATS app and retooling of the mobile site to come in the new year.

Then we got a $2 app to listen to the ATS radio show and the mobile site came back the same as it always was.

Guess the grand plan just fizzled out.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crudos

Nice idea, problem is the app bit.

It would recruit many, many trolls, through being an app.

Most people will see this site as a laugh, not attracting genuine people seeking truth.many good contributing members (not me) will leave due to trollogy.

I can just see the reviews taken from people that are accepting the 'party line' on everything.

edit on 31-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

....actually it might be a good thing and waken a few people up....see how open minded is that .

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If nothing else, I'd like it as a news aggregator to keep up on current topics here.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I remember last Fall mobile ATS disappeared for like 3 months and there was a thread about some new ATS app and retooling of the mobile site to come in the new year.

Then we got a $2 app to listen to the ATS radio show and the mobile site came back the same as it always was.

Guess the grand plan just fizzled out.

What is the mobile site address?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by crudos

m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've been looking for a project to keep myself busy. Kinda tempted to look into developing an ATS app now that you mention it. It would be for Android if I did. Apple is just too restrictive and makes you use a mac for iOS development.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Well if you made one for Android, someone could surely port it over to an Apple device

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why??? The forum looks GREAT on iTouch/phone/pad

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by crudos

m.abovetopsecret.com

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Reply to post by CanadianDream420

It's not only about how it looks. The full site can take awhile to load on a mobile connection and can be difficult to use with a touchscreen. The mobile is decent but rather limited. An app could give the full site experience but with a greatly reduced loading time.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I figured everyone would be too paranoid for an ats app. It would let ATS know your whereabouts 24/7.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well, there is one for Android, but it leaves much to be desired.

Unofficial ATS.com Android App

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Why does anyone need an app? Works great om my droid x

L2

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by crudos
Does or is ATS planning an app for mobile devices?

Yes. We have a rather comprehensive mobile app strategy, and a new server (which is part of that) was just provisioned yesterday.

In a nut-shell, we're working on iOS and Android apps for some unique and highly-efficient ways to access ATS content. And as a companion to that, a mobile-enhanced version of the website that will allow mobile/tablet users to use ATS in a much more efficient environment, optimized for the needs of mobile users.

However... we're making sure we get it right, and that it's a "best in class" app/mobile-web. So it takes a little time.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Bah, ruined my project before I even started!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hmm no love for us Blackberry users huh? Even though it is still ahead of droid in the market share both here and the UK.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by crudos
Does or is ATS planning an app for mobile devices?

Yes. We have a rather comprehensive mobile app strategy, and a new server (which is part of that) was just provisioned yesterday.

In a nut-shell, we're working on iOS and Android apps for some unique and highly-efficient ways to access ATS content. And as a companion to that, a mobile-enhanced version of the website that will allow mobile/tablet users to use ATS in a much more efficient environment, optimized for the needs of mobile users.

However... we're making sure we get it right, and that it's a "best in class" app/mobile-web. So it takes a little time.

Cool beans. What a timely post I made then, its almost like I knew something about something, ya know?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
reply to post by crudos

Nice idea, problem is the app bit.

It would recruit many, many trolls, through being an app.

Facebook already did that. The horse has already bolted mate!

IRM

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
New Ipod owner!

I want a APP!!!!

Please

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join