It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me say this... What's up with Japan ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I thought this important enough to ask an important question. I am not saying or implying here that a big quake will hit Japan. But I have noticed an increase in quake activity that seems to be like the activity just before the March 11th quake in Japan.

1. Are these quakes aftershocks, or independent new quakes.

2. Does anyone else see this and have more information as to the extent of the increase of Earthquake activity.

Thankyou.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I read that the earthquakes are not aftershocks in a post in ats a few days ago.Sorry,I don't seem to be able to find it.Maybe someone can link you to it. Even if they are aftershocks,it does not mean that another massive will not happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I know there is no such thing as a set number of times or number of days aftershocks last for, but this just seems like a long time to still be having aftershocks. I just dont know enough about earthquakes to know for sure.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Those are aftershock's.
The Japan earthquake was a big one, and a lot of ground moved.

One plate goes ontop of the other, and now the weight of that is making the ground rumble as the plates equels the weight.
It will continue for a while, and the risk of a big aftershock is still high.

Hope that made sens.

Here is a link about aftershock's from USGS: earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 31-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Like many people have said before on other threads...Japan always has earthquakes and i'm sure a lot of the ones that are being brought to out attention are after shocks but i hope its nothing more then that.

I hope the predictions that Japan will be completely underwater don't come true.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Yes it did, thank you for that.

top topics

join