It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indias population goes up to 1.21bn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I knew they were second behind Chinas 1.3 billion but had no idea that they were just a "close" second...
Looks like the female to male ratio is also taking a hit

According to the 2011 census, 914 girls were born for every 1,000 boys under the age of six, compared with 927 for every 1,000 boys in the 2001 census.

BBC

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce

Why is this funny? You know that the most likely reason for this is because of female infanticide that is practised in some of the villages and poorer parts of the country. I don't see anything to laugh at.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by odi_gid_niria

Why is this funny? You know that the most likely reason for this is because of female infanticide that is practised in some of the villages and poorer parts of the country. I don't see anything to laugh at.

Dont twist my words around trying to make it appear that im being cruel, most people will most likely see the angle i was going for in what i said and the article had nothing to do with female babies being killed, thats another topic all together, so go make a thread about that and take your woes there.
I can see youre the kind of person that looks for the bad in everything.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
1.2 billion beggers, surely that must be a threat to national security. maybe we need to bomb them into oblivion so we can all continue to live the free lives that we do today.
edit on 31-3-2011 by lewman because: wrote million instead of billion

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
no wonder they have poor living condition in some places. its not smart to reproduce beyond your means.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You know what is interresting? Mechanism that causes the fifty-fifty male/female ratio in nature. Still a mystery (at least for me).
I can't imagine so many people. Yet still no food crysis. India is not even such huge country according to Russia, China, USA,.... I wonder what part plays here the fact that they are mostly vegetarians. I think Earth has still big reserves.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
1.2 million beggers, surely that must be a threat to national security. maybe we need to bomb them into oblivion so we can all continue to live the free lives that we do today.

That will be 1.2 BILLION and not Million

Where do you see the connection to US and National Threat?
What are you eating/smoking/taking for medication?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

we dont even hear about a food crises in the uk, but i suppose we dont eat as much as our american freinds and i bet the indians eat even less.
i bet many of the poorer people in india live off bread, rice and potatoes unlike us westerners with our specific dietery needs and love of huge lumps of animals.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by odi_gid_niria

I dont think he meant it that way.

Anyway there are other ways to control the gender outcome through modern science which is a different subject.

Only thing I see is that the numbers are Official. I wonder what the Unofficial population or the actual number of people live in India? I'm sure there is a margin of error for the World Bank and IMF purposes which countries pick and choose to reveal depending on the political plan and goals

edit on 31-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I think maybe he was taking a shot at the US in that statement.. I could be wrong, the term "National Security Threat" is thrown around so much by our politicians, I guess it could be sinking in with some people.
Its definitely an attempt to condition us for fear.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

it was a joke aimed at tptb, sorry for the confusion

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

If they had less people, they perhaps would be able to eat more.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Touché

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, we know they have jobs there... Any of us that has called a customer support line can attest to that.
Not to mention those that have lost their jobs in the US to these Indians, named "Steve" or "Cathy" lol

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

I think maybe he was taking a shot at the US in that statement.. I could be wrong, the term "National Security Threat" is thrown around so much by our politicians, I guess it could be sinking in with some people.
Its definitely an attempt to condition us for fear.

Maybe.

Besides the numbers are nothing more than means to further exploit the Economies of the world by the Investment World
There are countless threads on ATS with respect to the Food Crisis. The keyword is MONSANTO

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

If the poles does flip,I think we are going to have 1.21 bn frozen indians in the north pole. Anyway the figure is probably an estimate,give or take a couple of millions.Most of them survive on rice and curry,roti prata,chapati (a kind of thin pancake made from flour)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
reply to post by hp1229

it was a joke aimed at tptb, sorry for the confusion

No need to apologize

I know what you mean in that case. It has become a buzz word in the political word thats for sure

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by lewman

If they had less people, they perhaps would be able to eat more.

And become obese just like the ones in the rich/low populated countries ?

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Well, we know they have jobs there... Any of us that has called a customer support line can attest to that.
Not to mention those that have lost their jobs in the US to these Indians, named "Steve" or "Cathy" lol

And why would that be ?

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
You know what is interresting? Mechanism that causes the fifty-fifty male/female ratio in nature. Still a mystery (at least for me).
I can't imagine so many people. Yet still no food crysis. India is not even such huge country according to Russia, China, USA,.... I wonder what part plays here the fact that they are mostly vegetarians. I think Earth has still big reserves.

Most crisis are created for the voters

Just imagine if every inch of available space on earth that we waste on sidewalks, front lawn or open yard or jungle was utilized for crop culvitation

top topics

<<   2 >>

join