It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe aliens have yet to destroy us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
So I have been sitting here listening to classical music, which I adore as much as my love for metal (not that mainstream crap either.) and I came to the conclusion, probably in a silly manner, on why I believe aliens have yet to destroy us or at least one of the few reasons.

here is my theory: music is one of the most purest art forms. it displays the rawest bit of emotion of not only the composer, but of those who listen to it. classical music displays this greatly this more then anything else on this planet other than art. it is simply beautiful in every degree...but i digress. i believe that it does not matter how advanced one is regarding technology, culture, intelligence, spirit and so on...who would want to destroy a species that can create what Bach or Mozart or Beethoven or any of them did? why would you want to remove something that can create something so pure and beautiful?

regardless how any of you see humanity or how anything else views us, we are a beautiful species. we can create so much with the love of what we do. there is so much good in humanity, its just a shame that we have lost our way because of one reason or another. but i feel because of things like classical music, classical poetry, art, architecture, philosophy, and many other things is why we have not been removed from the galaxy.

what are your thoughts and opinions world of ats?

and please, leave something other than "we arent all that important to waste time on." because regardless if we are not important, our planet is important enough for whoever to remove us. i believe the pure, beautiful and good part of humanity is what is saving us from extinction by another race and hopefully we can fully regain that part of us before we destroy ourselves or something finally deems us unfit for existence.
edit on 31-3-2011 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Seems like it would have been easier to destroy us before we developed F22 raptors and nuclear weapons. I'm just saying regardless of music, we probably would have already been dead if there was someone out to get us. Assuming of course, that there is other life in the universe besides us and a god. I'm just a dumb monkey.
edit on 31-3-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

that would be true if all aliens are what is portrayed in movies.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

True, I might be watching too many movies. I did just watch Battle: LA, which was a cool action movie.

Are they holding out until we can provide a challenge for them or what though?

At the very least it seems they would have got us before we had the capability destroy ourselves and the planet.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

we can also destroy so much by our own willpower

as a beautiful species we are so imperfect

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Let's hope they don't hear any country music, then.
It always makes me want to destroy something!

Seriously, though, you may be right. Then again, I don't think that any species which has achieved the ability to travel the vast distances between them and us would have a need for our resources. I believe that they would have already mastered food synthesis. Not necessarily a food materializing device (star trek), but advanced hydroponics, such as (using earth food as an example) growing tomatoes, from clone to fruiting, in a matter of days. Or even cloning animals extremely fast. Otherwise, there would be almost no way that they could get here without starving to death.
Just my thoughts.

-Lobe

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Interesting theory, but i'm sure what we considered music would sound horrible to another race, but who knows maybe all of our forms of art were learned from past visiting aliens.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Classical and metal? two of my fav genres too and i'm sure when it comes to us being destroyed that we have yet to come to the time in the future where that will be decided.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yes, the good part of humanity is beautiful, just like lions kill other animals but that doesnt mean we hate lions and we want to exterminate all lions just because they can be very violent and scary, if you know what i mean.

But there can exist many reasons as to why they have not destroyed human civilization, maybe they are too busy watching things like charlie sheen getting fired and reality MTV or chatting online and posting up videos on the internet.
it can be simple and funny as that.

But your right Music is brilliant, even if there are bad people in the world, people in general always tend to change and can change at somepoint. Sometimes in a good way or sometimes in a bad way

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Okay I apologize, I was actually thinking about this a few days earlier while listening to music. The thing is that we feel emotion while listening to music sometimes, but how do we know that an extraterrestrial could feel the same thing? In fact, more than likely they have abandoned emotions and see no more than the intent of the music, what do you think? Possibly even a deeper understanding of that I don't know.

What I am saying is, that emotion is an instinctual mechanism, so it seems the further a species would advance the farther they would venture from emotional influence. So music may in fact have no bearing on an advanced mind at all.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

fun little fact, Music is just as important as sex and food is for the brain. If anything a species would be wiped out if they didn't have emotions, but this is all based on theories so any one of us could be correct

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
And maybe there's even a Galactic protest where there are Aliens for the invasion of Earth and Aliens opposing the invasion of Earth. Just like we like protest and vote here on Earth.

There can even be a Galatic corporation that is protecting the human species from Alien hunters like the Predator.
. You know just like PETA protects Animals from human hunters.

I just hope that one day we can all just get along.
edit on 31-3-2011 by Whirpool because: forgot more

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Put yourself in there shoes, if they exist of course. You are approaching planet earth. You see the crap thats going on here and think, this is too easy.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Your right, that is based partly on the way that I feel, and not everyone is like me. It just seems like emotion would be a more 'primitive' aspect of the mind you know? A creature that has evolved through a massive technological revolution would be less inclined to be emotional. For example any emotion you can think of comes from survival in an anarchic natural environment: Selfishness aka hoarding food, Anger aka defending oneself, Lust aka procreation. An advanced sociological species would have evolved far past that into an efficient system? Would it not? Seems like an extraterrestrial advanced enough to travel about different solar systems would be more logical instead of emotional, therefore music would not inspire it, though it might immediately see the meaning in the song it would realize it just out of sheer intelligence and perceptive ability, or because of technology.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
While I love metal and classical music, there are an awful lot of other genres that I would think could bring about an alien invasion.

Hopefully the ETs are fans of Bieber, Tranny Gaga, and the Black Eyed Peas, because if they listen to mainstream radio stations, that's all they're gonna hear.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

That's a really good way of thinking about it
, if you no longer require the instinct than evolution will simply phase it out, but I can't help but think no matter how advance a race may become, Emotion will also advance with it.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Maybe. It is a really interesting thing to think about.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

So far as I know, every such story has alien intelligences which treat humans as approximate equals, either as friends or foes. It is assumed that A-I will either be friends, anxious to communicate and trade, or enemies who will fight and kill, or possibly enslave, the human race. There is another and more humiliating possibility - alien intelligences so superior to us and so indifferent to us as to be almost unaware of us. They do not even covet the surface of the planet where we live - they live in the stratosphere. We do not know whether they evolved here or elsewhere - will never know. Our mightiest engineering formations they regard as coral formations, i.e., seldom noticed and considered of no importance. We aren't even nuisances to them. And they are no threat to us, except that their engineering might occasionally disturb our habitat, as the grading done for a highway disturbs gopher holes. Some few of them might study us casually - or might not.

- Regarding his short story "Goldfish Bowl" in "Grumbles from the Grave"
-Robert A. Heinlein

I've always gone with the theory that we
wouldn't even be a nuisance to an alien species.

But then again . . .
They could already be here in the form of plants and animals.
The reason they don't talk to us is that the word is out
all we do is eat them.
They are all scared of us.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Even though the human race at this moment in time is quite pathetic we are capable of extreme love and compassion. For every devil there is a saint, for every lady gaga there is an Mozart. We can become enlightened, become one with god, co-creator......

I have touched compassion which heals all sorrow and suffering; it is not for myself, but for the world ... I have seen the glorious and healing Light. The fountain of Truth has been revealed to me and the darkness has been dispersed. Love in all its glory has intoxicated my heart; my heart can never be closed. I have drunk at the fountain of Joy and eternal Beauty. I am God-intoxicated’.

Krishnamurti

“Is it not written in your law that 'I say you are gods'?”

Jesus

[When] Christ said,'Be still and know that I am God.'[He also meant) 'Be still and know that you are God.

Mharishi Mahesh Yogi

It is said that the human condition is actually a very advantageous one, we can actually become enlightened. Here's a thought, maybe the Alien's (who ever they are) cannot become enlightened. Maybe they are, for want of a better word, Jealous. They may have extraordinary engineering skills etc, but maybe reaching god in their present physiological structure is denied them. So even though it may appear that we are inferior it may actually be that we are superior!!!

Another quick thought, if the aliens plan on taking over the world people often ask why haven't they done it yet? Well, if they know that there is a coming world cataclysim then wouldn't it better to wait till afterwards when the population of the world is vastly reduced and thereby easier to control?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity
Well, if they know that there is a coming world cataclysim then wouldn't it better to wait till afterwards when the population of the world is vastly reduced and thereby easier to control?

Ah, if we take that route, then
wouldn't it be better to wait until
there is a one world governement
and then just take over from the top?

David Grouchy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join