It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The El Paso UFO and Fact or Faked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ok, so I just watched Fact or Faked and they were discussing the El Paso UFO... abcnews.go.com...

So, they tried as always to recreate whatever the mystery was, and honestly, they did do a pretty good job with the night jump and flares. Now to my point, as a skydiver with 1300 jumps, many of them at night, I haven't seen anything about someone doing a check for aircraft that might have done a night jump in El Paso that night. I mean look at the facts...you have a time, a place and witnesses. All aircraft have to file a NOTAM prior to getting in the plane and leaving the ground (especially these days)...Skydivers doing a night jump would have had a NOTAM (Notice to Airman) filed by their pilot, and all of that is on file. Did anybody check the obvious?
Also, some of the video that Fact or Faked showed (in particular the skydivers leaving the aircraft) was faked. Those were skydivers with the Army Parachute Team (I went to the Army Team in 87) and those were left door exits from a Fokker C-31A Troopship (Has exit doors on both sides)...The skydivers at Elsinore in Southern California were jumping a Twin Otter (one exit door on the right. If you're going to paste in video not directly related to state your case, it's kind of hard to take them seriously.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
if i'm not mistaken, this was confirmed long ago here on ATS....the Golden Knights i think it was even said they were responsible....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Also, some of the video that Fact or Faked showed (in particular the skydivers leaving the aircraft) was faked.

I am more interested in the fact that they faked all or part of the jump. Rather odd thing to do, since it was this jump that they used to debunk. I will now be suspicious of all of their experiments.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
During the video presentation where they decide which cases to test, they aired that "ET Interrogation" video that I know has been on ATS before but I couldn't find it in a search. (Here is the link to the video). It does look fake to me, but I'm quite certain that it was confirmed to be a film by an art student in Brazil or something. On the show, they stated that they were going to look into it to see if they could find more information. Does anyone here have more information on it?
edit on 3/31/2011 by MrAndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I just watched the Fact or Faked showing this piece and I have trouble with the skydiver idea as well. At the end they said it was the Golden Knights getting ready for an airshow and I had to ask, since when did airshows take place at night? I have watched this program since it started and it does have one flaw in their reasoning, they seem to think that just because something can be faked then it must be fake. Someone else once said on another program "Just because I can make a fake $20.00 bill does NOT meen that all $20.00 bills are fake."

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
According to what they said in the show skydivers commonly do night jumps for various purposes.

I remember reading this was skydivers back when it was first recorded, and I believe this explanation in this case.

I have been skeptical on Fact or Faked in the past due to them choosing an explanation based off of one piece of criteria, but failing multiple other criteria they themselves list as key items their explanation needs to cover. That said I do think they got this one right...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry maybe I was misunderstood my fault.. What I ment was that I agree about it being skydivers, my problem is with the Nights getting ready for an airshow that doesn't happen at night so why practice then. Most UFO videos have a normal everyday explanation, at least they could take the time to come up with one that makes sense. The balloon, airplane, or birds explanations are getting a little worn out. I do however sometimes wonder why that one guy is FORMER...F.B.I.?

new topics

top topics

join