It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise Against- End Game, Songs awakening the masses- YES!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So, I finally got around to downloading one of my favourite band's new album. Rise Against has been a strong believer of peace, and are strict Vegetarians. I can say they influenced me on my choice to go Vegetarian, and at least two of my other friends.

But hey, onto the point.

Half way through the album, the song 'Survivor Guilt' comes up, and the opening lines are amazing!

("What are you talking about? America isn't going to be destroyed." "Never? Rome was destroyed, Greece was destroyed, Persia was destroyed, Spain was destroyed. All great countries are destroyed. Why not yours? How much longer do you really think your own country will last? forever?")

The album is called Endgame, which gives it some significance, and the cover is a boy wearing an American flag. I really recommend getting it. Not trying to promote anything, but this really has a positive view, trying to wake people up, letting them know their reality can't go on forever, and that America is a hairs breath from being destroyed.

But yeah, long story short, I am just happy to see that there is still music being made trying to wake people up. Heres a YouTube link to the song.

www.youtube.com...

And here is the album cover-

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Vegetarians wearing "I love PETA" shirts? No thanks.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The song about the kids committing suicide is really good. Make It Stop. September's Children. At the end they list a bunch of kids who killed themselves... It's sad really.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocWicked
The song about the kids committing suicide is really good. Make It Stop. September's Children. At the end they list a bunch of kids who killed themselves... It's sad really.

Oh holy crap, I didn't catch that at all, I will re listen to that haha

I just hit #12 right now, ENDGAME YEAHHHH WHOWWOOWOOOO

But I was multi-tasking out the ass
Haha thanks

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I like "A Gentlemen's Coup"

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
Vegetarians wearing "I love PETA" shirts? No thanks.

That was an aside in the post, not the OP's main point. Which you clearly missed when you let your bias distract you.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I thought about getting this album, but I dunno. I like the theme of the lyrics and all but their songs seem to sound a lot alike. Am I wrong about that, and on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being hip-hop gods Color Me Bad and 10 being Avenged Sevenfold, Rage, Megadeth...where does this album rank?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

I just listened through all the way, and as a Rise Against fan, I rate it a 7-8

That's just on a scale of good/bad. but if you want to compare Avenged Sevenfold/ Megadeath, i would drop it down to around a 6-7. They are not too hardcore, but not too soft.

Tim definitely took a different singing approach, but I like it. Listen to some of the YouTube videos if you want.

Or just download it for free
They make all their money on tours anyway haaha

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hello all you people :c)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
woops my mistake
edit on 30-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aphextron

Yeah man, thanks! I love to add to my music collection, thanks ya very much!

And if you could get a nice techno program, you could really make some awesome Dub Step music, or possibly a nice Drum/Bass compost. PM me if you get anything together hhaa,

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Try downloading...good riddance, NOFX, Pennywise, Face to Face, my cousins band, SNFU, PROPAGHANDI, Swinging utters, Strung out, strike anywhere

the 90's SO cal punk explosion and Canadian punk was all about anti this and anti that while taking a stand for your rights and being true to who you are as a human being.....

I may add, rise against are sell outs to the corp.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Ohahhahaa I like RATM too, but I was talking about Rise Against.. my family does that to me all the time, pretend I am obsessed with RATM, when I really like RA haah

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience

I may add, rise against are sell outs to the corp.

How so my friend?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I've never been a huge fan of Rise Against, but I have to admit that was a good tune. Really good lyrics, which is rare from any band anymore.

Still not quite as good as this one though

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ok, not to rain on anyones parade here, being an artist of sorts myself. The reality is, there are main streem artist and there are those of us concidered to be Guerilla Artist, we do speak against the machine, it is only when you pick up and listen to what we are trying to say you hear the words of the trumpet.

Good find, but you forget there are many Guerilla Warfair Artist like LowKey and Immortal Technique who are often forgotten and cast aside because people can't hear the message to wake them up.

Support your local artist, they may save your butt and freedom one day.

Ainge

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WillNiendick

Originally posted by DocWicked

Oh holy crap, I didn't catch that at all, I will re listen to that haha

I just hit #12 right now, ENDGAME YEAHHHH WHOWWOOWOOOO

But I was multi-tasking out the ass
Haha thanks

I believed you at first. I believed that you were trying to share a message, and not just trying to share your favorite band. There is nothing wrong with sharing your love for the music of a band. I just don't like the way you are going about doing it though. Your response to DocWicked's comment has nothing to do with the message.

"kids suicide....... sad really" -----"haha......... YYEEAAHHH WWOOOHOOOO..........,
haha."

You will say that I am misinterpreting your response. That is fine. I'll accept that. You just may want to think about how you respond to similar comments in the future, if you want people to take you seriously.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Rise Against's strong point is by far the lyrics. This album is good.. I'd say 6.5-7 out of 10... but not their best. Lyrically fantastic. The songs seem a little long and I lose interest towards the end of the album a bit. Overall a good album though.

top topics

join