It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection - have your tried it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Astral Projection is an out of body experience that occurs when the astral body leaves the physical body and is free to travel anywhere in the astral plane.

So i was just wondering, has any of you actually had a Astral Projection Experience. And is there any tips for me to have one? I was reading about it yesterday about a line that you can see in the Astral Projection is this true?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Meditation is the key

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gatewaywithin

What kind of meditation? Like would i have to do this every night or what? Or are you just trollin' me.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
yes as a matter of fact i have , first time i did it i wasnt even aware that i was doing it .. scared the crap outta me . but lately iv been trying to get back to that point and see how far i can go and what i can do OTB ( out of the body )

but its going to take me a while ... ill keep you posted on my findings...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I will keep reading this thread as I also would like to have a OBE. Im just so jealous of those who have accomplished it. I want to do more! See more! I want to share their experiences, I just feel left out. So if there are any fantastic techniques to achieve this, I am also interested in hearing how (:
edit on 3/30/2011 by NerdGoddess because: Spelled "will" wrong. If you can truly believe that.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have always been VERY interested in this. When i was a kid, mostly when i was getting ready to go to sleep. I would get the sensation that i was being pulled up and down. or maybe kind of like on a bungee cord. and sometimes it would feel fast and other times slow. I am almost 30 now and since i was a kid maybe only had it happen while i was falling asleep maybe 5 times in the last 15 or so years. it used to be every night almost.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I remember reading that when you are laying in bed, just close your eyes and picture something pulling you up will bring you into a "Vibrating stage". Now i have tried this yesterday and i got into the "Vibrating stage" Within minutes and i didn't know what to do afterwords. I also heard that it helps if you put your arm up and just keep it up to remind you your still awake and don't fall asleep.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I've induced sleep paralysis many times. I've heard the noises, had the vibrations, etc, but never projected. The coolest thing I did was have my eyes open during SP.
edit on 30-3-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Meditation is only half the battle. Once your in the state of quietness the real tricky part begins. Certain things work very well and fairly quick for certain individuals. My techinique usually encompasses a routine of a meditation to induce a calm and quite trance like state. From there, I have used techniques such as visualizing a rope hanging from my ceiling and I am slowly pulling myself up onto it, Visualizing myself across the room viewing my body lying on the bed/chair. Ive used mantras ( by far the most responsive, just my own personal experience ). What I have come to find out not only from personal experience but from reading many books on the subject is that if you have end results constantly in mind, the "how" doesn't really matter. Play around with it. Just keep in mind, always stay calm. If your not calm, generating the subtle energy body and inducing and OBE will be near impossible.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Interesting to see I'm not the only one concerned about OBE's ( Out of Body Experience's). With that being said if anybody is interested in this field I think I could help a bit. I ain't a man that can produce OBE's at will but I'm still on the path to it and yes meditation is a key so sucess. I plan to do it once a day and by this I mean kundalini mediation.

I can feel the vibrations or electric tingling ( Whatever you call it ) and I start feeling certain part of my body starting floating ( my hands and a bit of my arms ) but never accomplished complete astral projection.

I know altough somebody called Robert A. Monroe who is a guy that started an institute and which is famous in this area of knowledge. He actually did a book called Journeys out of the body . I encourage you guys buying this book but there is a way to get it completely free for those who might just take a look before buying the book.

Here's the link : Journeys out of the body

May your quest to knowledge lead you where you want to go.

Sincerly,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
When I was younger just about every night I would get to the vibrational state, however at the time I didn't know what it was, but I loved it and would do that until I feel asleep. On a few occasions as a child I recall floating from my room down the stairs back up and then back to my bed. But now I seem to have a hard time getting to that state, I have to much going on in my life compared to when I was a child. But It was a lovely feeling, I only wish I could get back there or had help.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Monroe is a wonderful author to check out just as truthseeker said. Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics is another book that will be of interest to you all.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Nightstalker... The best advice i can give you is this... First make the conditions right... You want to be relaxed when you try inducing an OBE not exhausted. Get a good nights sleep. The next day take a good hour long nap at some point in the afternoon. That evening go to bed a lil early, before you're actually tired. Believe it or not what you eat and when you eat matters too... Try not to eat a whole lot in the 2 hours before. In fact if you can stay away from junk food for the day and hit up vegetables with a lot of Vitamin A ( seems to help for some reason, everyones different). Theres some good Youtube videos for "Brainwave generating". I think its the "Theta" wave that helps me the most... Anyway... Put some ear phones on (only works with headphones). Just close your eyes and try listening to the tones for as long as you can... About 10 minutes in you should start feeling relaxed... Go to bed. Lay on your back. Breathing is important, Inhale through the nose, exhaul through the mouth. after a bit you can just breath normally through your nose but the technique adds to relaxation. Now just lay there and try not to think... Its really hard at first to quiet your inner voice, meaning just quiet your thoughts ( its actually harder then it sounds) but after awhile you'll start drifting towards sleep... At this point if everything is good, you'll HEAR and FEEL "vibrations"... You'll be scared because it literally feels like a jet engine just started up next to your head, but i assure you there is nothing to be afraid of... if you can get to this point you're on your way... The first time you feel vibrations even if you don't have an OBE, its beyond words... But you'll feel like a million bucks... and you might even realize there is more to this world then meets the eye...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Thank you for the link. I've gotten close one time. Made it to the vibrations and the loud pop stage and I scared myself wide awake. lol Can't wait to try it again.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Happened to me spontaneously and often when I was a child.

One day I decided I would just switch it off. Things got too peculiar there and I didn't want to bother with it any more.

Perhaps a year later, sometime in my teens I decided I would see if I could do it again and discovered I could make it happen at will.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownPhilosopher

The Monroe hemi sync meditations would probably be a good start for the op, especially if he/she isn't experienced in meditation.

For the Op, Check out Monroe Hemi Synch, you should easily find a bunch on the net for free. They are guided meditations tracks that also synchronize both hemispheres of the brain for optimal experience in meditation.This would be a great place to start.

Edit see link below
edit on 30-3-2011 by gatewaywithin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Op if the link works this, should keep you happy for a while, Enjoy

www.4shared.com...

Click on Hemi sync in the folders. Its the complete library of monroe hemi sync "Gateway" experience

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I have already completed them all and recommend starting at the beginning.
If you stick to the method you should be having legitimate OBE's in no time at all.

After getting comfortable with guided meditations craft a few of your own they always work best.

Like I always say the journey begins within.

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SenstivelyMe

You're welcome, all the pleasure is for me if I can give you a bit of informations thta might help you on your way

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GalenMarek

I have been experiencing with "Bineral beats" before and there cool, are they the same thing?

Anyways i have tried this yesterday and it felt like this. I was laying in bed imagining im climbing a rope, the more and more higher i got up, the more i felt "Vibrating" i guess. Once i got to vibrating i just stopped climbing and just relaxed and then it started getting hard for me to breathe and it started getting hard for me to keep my eyes closed.

Also, im going to look into the meditation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join